The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem Signs Deal To Star In Old Western Flick

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Postby sweet_angel200629 » Feb 9th, '07, 02:52

famous rapper acting in an old western movie lol,

who would have guessed lol
sweet_angel200629
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Em In Western

Postby seanskatex » Feb 9th, '07, 12:05

I think people are just blowing this whole thing out of proportion. Eminem's acting in a western (albeit old) won't affect or tarnish his image. Remember the golden rule of Hollywood: "it is only acting," so people should understand that he won't be portraying the eminem brand, he'll just be a character in a movie. End of story. And 50...he's just a bad actor, the movie had nothing to do with it.

The bottom line is, I'ma watch this flick.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

– V for Vendetta
seanskatex
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby T & T » Feb 10th, '07, 19:21

When on MTV's TRL Eminem said he was not doing any movies
T & T
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Curious » Feb 11th, '07, 01:45

This rumour's ancient, what's your source Inches?

Whether or not he's actually gonna do this movie still remains to be seen, I won't believe it until I hear it from a credible source (the movie however is listed in the imdb database, so the project seems real enough, but Em's not on the list of characters yet so...).

And whether or not it would "tarnish" his reputation depends on his performance doesn't it - if he plays well like in 8 mile I don't see any reason why it shouldn't add to his credibility, Get Rich or Die Tryin was a shit movie and 50 sucks at acting, that's why people lost respect for him, not because he was in a movie per se.

I can't really picture Em in a western, but I might be surprised and I certainly won't write him off until I've actually seen him do it, the dude's got a lot of talent so why not?
Curious
Renegade
Renegade

Aa

Postby GDBSB » Feb 11th, '07, 12:47

You mean em is going to play a role in a film????
wa it's cool
GDBSB
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby bd joe » Feb 12th, '07, 04:56

yo I think it's good news cuz I thought he did quite well in 8mile and as far as him saying he don't wanna do movies thats because he was pilled up and dealing with a bunch of bullshit anyway I trhink its great..
bd joe
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby felicity919 » Feb 16th, '07, 17:10

gd news!!
look forward to see this film~
felicity919
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Previous

Return to Shady / Aftermath News