The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Speaks On "Amusment Park" , Chris Styles And More

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Speaks On "Amusment Park" , Chris Styles And More

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 4th, '07, 17:30

For once, 50 Cent is saying there shouldn't be any controversy. Avid listeners of mixtapes raised a red flag when 50 released his single "Amusement Park" a few weeks ago. Their Spidey senses went off because it had the same track from a Jim Jones song called "Your Majesty," a featured record on a DJ Drama/ Jim Jones Gangsta Grillz mixtape last year.

When 50 sat down with MTV News recently to discuss the hubbub, he said he had not heard Jones' record and doubted that most other people had either.

"Well, actually, the producer for the record is under my production ," he explained. "So, I don't know how they actually got the record. But it happens. ... People take the records without actually purchasing the music from the producer and it leaks out. But 'Your Majesty,' I didn't know it was on there until you said it just now. But, um, it didn't get very much airplay, so I guess my version is better."

Last week, the track's producer, Chris Styles
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Return to Shady / Aftermath News