The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Ca$his Interview, Reveals 2 Disc Album

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

New Ca$his Interview, Reveals 2 Disc Album

Postby IceAxe » Jan 16th, '08, 23:54

Shady Records recording artist Cashis is real excited right now. Not only does he have an EP, with County Hound, out that sold more than he and his label expected, but he is also enjoying triple platinum success with the Shady compilation, The Re-Up, which he is featured on seven songs of. Now, as records non-stop for his debut record, titled Loose Cannon, the rapper is gearing up for its release sometime this year -- actually a first quarter release is what he told us.

The Orange County, California native told BallerStatus at a recent private Interscope Records event that he's pushing for a summer release of his major label debut, but before then, fans can expect some free music that he will release on his own.

"[Loose Cannon] was supposed to drop in December [2007], but [the label] wanted it to come out now," Cashis said of the forthcoming album. "I'm trying to push it back a little bit later 'cause I got a couple more songs I wanna do. I wanna give the fans another EP right before I come out. Just put out an EP out, outta my own pocket, for free for the fans, and then hit 'em with a double CD for the price of one."

The as-yet-titled EP won't be your run of the mill five or six song EP though. He revealed that it will be a visual EP, with a video accompanying each song -- songs that he insists will not be on his debut.

"These records will not be on the album, so it's not like I'm going to be cheating the fans," he told Ballerstatus.

As for Loose Cannon, Cashis said that he's recorded upwards of 800 songs for the album, which he revealed would be a double-disc release, but it's not quite right yet. He wants to get back in the studio to record a few more songs before it's finalized, but did reveal that fans can definitely expect Eminem to be featured on the album.

His first solo release of sorts came in May 2007 with the release of The County Hound EP, a eight track release Cashis and Shady were very happy with, as far as results.

"It was a limited edition release. We had to reprint more, so big shout out to the fans because we only put $50,000 into that project and we made 20 times that. So, that's real good," Cashis said.

And Eminem, Cashis didn't have nothing but praise for the man he said has raised him since signing with the Shady imprint, saying that was "like my father."

"That's my big brother," Cashis exclaimed. "I got 'Shady' tattooed on me six times. If you look right here (points to his hand), I have 'Shady Gang' right here. This is for life right here. This ain't like 'I'm a rapper, so I'm gonna get a tattoo for it' ... I'm tattooed up.

"Eminem is the godfather of all my children. He got a portrait with me and my kids hanging up in his house, and I have a hand drawn portrait of him hanging up in mine. We don't kiss each other on the mouth or none of that sh--, but to me, that's like my father. He took me in and he raised me. I'm a Shady baby," he continued.

Source

I meant to post this earlier, but didn't get to it. Propz to slim sherif for the head up :y:
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New Ca$his Interview, Reveals 2 Disc Album

Postby loveblue » Jan 17th, '08, 01:11

Well, an EP and a double CD for the price of one sounds good, but now it comes down to how good the content is.

I got 'Shady' tattooed on me six times. If you look right here (points to his hand), I have 'Shady Gang' right here.

Um... okaaaaaaaaay. He's like "Stan" except he only had one tattoo...
loveblue
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby navysealkid14 » Jan 17th, '08, 01:28

he's recorded upwards of 800 songs for the album

lol i like ca$his, but i highly..highly doubt that
i never sleep..cause sleep is the cousin of death
Myspace
navysealkid14
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shads » Jan 17th, '08, 21:16

We don't kiss each other on the mouth or none of that sh--, but to me, that's like my father. He took me in and he raised me. I'm a Shady baby," he continued.

:laughing:

Im Glad He Clarified That Up For Us. :whistle:
The Only Thing They Wanna Kill Is Fucking Autotune, But Before You Gun It Down,
Know They Only Say Hip Hop Is Dead, But The Dope Shit Is Underground.

- Joe Budden
Shads
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Jan 18th, '08, 01:54

that's cool, cashis is definitly improving, i liked ms jenkins...
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Jay-19 » Jan 21st, '08, 00:39

Fuck all the Cashis haters! I like Cashis! Can't wait for the album! :y:
Kickin' Incredibly Dope Shit
Jay-19
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jan 21st, '08, 01:56

KillahGoat wrote:Fuck all the Cashis haters! I like Cashis! Can't wait for the album! :y:

oh well shit, if you like him i better get my ass in gear

*goes and buys cashis ep*
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby squaneminem » Jan 21st, '08, 09:34

Propz up for Ice Axe for the post. Ca$his is one great rapper people will come to appreciate. Personally I like his method and style in The Re-Up esp. in his solo "Everything is Shady".Shady Records always finds the best out of the very good ones. They need Loyal rappers like him.Keep doin yo thing, Say no more.
square dance with me
squaneminem
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Ghst84 » Jan 21st, '08, 20:19

I got nothing against Ca$his, but they are totally ignoring Stat Quo, everyone knows his album is finished, what the hell are they waiting for?
R.I.P. Proof (1973-2006)
Ghst84
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Xray » Jan 29th, '08, 08:36

Cashis SUCKZ!! *other half is back* CASHIS IS VERY GOOD :flower:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby DrRapid » Jan 30th, '08, 22:34

I don't know if to say Ca$his sucks dick or not but as long as the album is decent enough then good for him, good for Shady Recors, good for his fans and good for me cause I feel like it.

As someone said on top, yep Stat Quo seems to be pretty ignored when he finished his album Statlanta.
"A coward dies 1000 deaths, a soldier dies but once."
R.I.P. Guru
DrRapid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BigBangBazinga » Feb 1st, '08, 15:03

DrRapid wrote:I don't know if to say Ca$his sucks dick or not but as long as the album is decent enough then good for him, good for Shady Recors, good for his fans and good for me cause I feel like it.

As someone said on top, yep Stat Quo seems to be pretty ignored when he finished his album Statlanta.

If you've heard County Hound or the Re-Up you should know what you think about him. I'm looking forward to his album, I think he's dope. Can't say I'm looking forward to Stat Quos though, never been.
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Shady / Aftermath News