The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Joell Ortiz No Longer With Aftermath

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Joell Ortiz No Longer With Aftermath

Postby IceAxe » Feb 1st, '08, 01:36

Joell Ortiz stint with Aftermath is officially over. Rumors about Ortiz getting dropped surfaced a while back when Bishop Lamont was interviewed by Hoodhype. Lamont, who is still signed to Aftermath, said during the interview, "From what I heard I think (Ortiz) got dropped...I think dude got dropped 'cause of the whole Interscope thing."

Since then, the rumor mill has been churning. With some rumors saying that Ortiz was unhappy and wanted to be dropped to Jimmy Iovine wanting to get rid of Ortiz. Only Joell knows the truth and delivered the goods to Miss Info.

Info asked about the "Ups and Downs" video that ends with Ortiz getting his release form from Aftermath in the mail and Ortiz revealed that he actually asked to be released from the label.

“I can’t afford to wait. I got a million people waiting on me to come out,” Ortiz says in regards to the release request. “I would have been cheating myself if I would have to sit there and wait (on Aftermath). I have momentum now and I need to take advantage of it now. I need to be coming out with a new record ASAP.”

He affirmed that he is still working with Dre, just not on an Aftermath release.

“Those are my records still,” Ortiz said when asked what would happen with the material that was intended for an Aftermath release. “You are still going to hear me on a Doctor beat! Everything is beautiful.”

But what of the Bishop Lamont interview?

“I checked the interview (with Bishop Lamont) and it was just someone speaking on a situation that they know nothing about,” Ortiz stated in regards to the interview. He also mentioned that he and Lamont have only spoken a couple of times and there’s no hard feelings.

“Me and Dr. Dre deal how me and Dr. Dre deal,” Ortiz said. “They deal how they deal. I wouldn’t comment on him but he commented on me. It’s all good. He just didn’t know what he was talking about.”

Ortiz closed by stating that there are absolutely no hard feelings between he and Dre.

“I want people to understand that I got money in my pocket. I’m working with Dr. Dre. I got a mixtape coming out that’s ridiculous…I got a bidding war going on without trying to create one. I’m feeling good!”

Source

While it's a shame he left, he makes a point. He'd possibly be waiting years to get an album out on Aftermath.
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Joell Ortiz No Longer With Aftermath

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 1st, '08, 01:41

im glad he left, hes a sick artist and deserves distrubution and more attention than he was getting on aftermath, he was an aftermath artists but half the people on this site probly didnt even know and if you think how many news articles there was on here about him...like 3, thats not becuase of us not posting but him getting no publicity what so ever, i hope he gets a decent label and gets what he deserves, also cant wait for da mixtape :smoking:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Feb 1st, '08, 01:45

what the fuck is up with the waiting?

why do people have to wait, i.e. stat quo.. i haven't seen many albums for shady or aftermath drop recently...???
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby 5lim5hady » Feb 1st, '08, 04:01

who? haha
5lim5hady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Robbie G » Feb 1st, '08, 04:57

Hmm..I've heard of him but never actually heard a song of his. Probably better off leaving anyways. :y:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby navysealkid14 » Feb 1st, '08, 07:36

umm fuck everyone on aftermath besides dre and eminem..no one cares about these dead beat artists

em needs to drop..
dre needs to drop..
d12 needs to drop..(only b/c of the eminem verses..)
i never sleep..cause sleep is the cousin of death
Myspace
navysealkid14
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BaZZ » Feb 1st, '08, 09:00

Thats good, I hope he drops soon.

Shady/Aftermath need to come out with people's stuff instead of promoting people like Cashis so much, I mean I've been waited for ages for Dre, Em, D12, Obie and Stat Quo's albums - and we still don't even have a date for any of those! To be honest I'm not even excited about any of those albums anymore, and I wont be until I hear a release date.
"Hard hearted beast with a jaw full of meat
Engulfed in a feast while you starve at his feet
He toss you the least little portion of a piece
To the floor and expect you to rejoice when you eat" - Brother Ali
BaZZ
Renegade
Renegade

Postby jeweler529 » Feb 1st, '08, 14:31

BaZZ wrote:Thats good, I hope he drops soon.

Shady/Aftermath need to come out with people's stuff instead of promoting people like Cashis so much, I mean I've been waited for ages for Dre, Em, D12, Obie and Stat Quo's albums - and we still don't even have a date for any of those! To be honest I'm not even excited about any of those albums anymore, and I wont be until I hear a release date.

you right about that im so fuckin tired of waiting for a new album from anyone from aftermath
jeweler529
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 1st, '08, 19:04

Tash8 wrote:what the fuck is up with the waiting?

why do people have to wait, i.e. stat quo.. i haven't seen many albums for shady or aftermath drop recently...???

its all about priority, and remember interscope judges the priority of all the artist on itnerscope they dont look at it like aftermath, geffen ect. so a aftermath artist cant clash with a geffen artist ect. times that by 100 and you got why nothing drops
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby blitches » Feb 2nd, '08, 00:34

its just like GAGE said. most likely nuttun will come out till ems new cd and detox
blitches
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Feb 2nd, '08, 14:08

^wut he said

good read
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Xray » Feb 2nd, '08, 16:16

damn lucky he left cause i don't know him or heard his music so stuff him :whistle:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Epidemik » Feb 4th, '08, 04:47

joell is sick!
im personally glad he left.. we would have never seen an album. he just woulda been sittin around like stat has for how many years???

jimmy iovine is a bitch and needs to be shot.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby ShadyShan08 » Feb 4th, '08, 09:11

IceAxe wrote:
Joell Ortiz stint with Aftermath is officially over. Rumors about Ortiz getting dropped surfaced a while back when Bishop Lamont was interviewed by Hoodhype. Lamont, who is still signed to Aftermath, said during the interview, "From what I heard I think (Ortiz) got dropped...I think dude got dropped 'cause of the whole Interscope thing."

Since then, the rumor mill has been churning. With some rumors saying that Ortiz was unhappy and wanted to be dropped to Jimmy Iovine wanting to get rid of Ortiz. Only Joell knows the truth and delivered the goods to Miss Info.

Info asked about the "Ups and Downs" video that ends with Ortiz getting his release form from Aftermath in the mail and Ortiz revealed that he actually asked to be released from the label.

“I can’t afford to wait. I got a million people waiting on me to come out,” Ortiz says in regards to the release request. “I would have been cheating myself if I would have to sit there and wait (on Aftermath). I have momentum now and I need to take advantage of it now. I need to be coming out with a new record ASAP.”

He affirmed that he is still working with Dre, just not on an Aftermath release.

“Those are my records still,” Ortiz said when asked what would happen with the material that was intended for an Aftermath release. “You are still going to hear me on a Doctor beat! Everything is beautiful.”

But what of the Bishop Lamont interview?

“I checked the interview (with Bishop Lamont) and it was just someone speaking on a situation that they know nothing about,” Ortiz stated in regards to the interview. He also mentioned that he and Lamont have only spoken a couple of times and there’s no hard feelings.

“Me and Dr. Dre deal how me and Dr. Dre deal,” Ortiz said. “They deal how they deal. I wouldn’t comment on him but he commented on me. It’s all good. He just didn’t know what he was talking about.”

Ortiz closed by stating that there are absolutely no hard feelings between he and Dre.

“I want people to understand that I got money in my pocket. I’m working with Dr. Dre. I got a mixtape coming out that’s ridiculous…I got a bidding war going on without trying to create one. I’m feeling good!”

Source

While it's a shame he left, he makes a point. He'd possibly be waiting years to get an album out on Aftermath.

who the hell is that? lol
~True Eminem & Shady Supporter 4 Life!~

http://www.myspace.com/eminemandshady08.forumotion.com

http://www.myspace.com/eminemisalivinglegend guarantee u have neva seen no other site like mine ;)

*Shady* 4 Life!!
ShadyShan08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tornado » Feb 6th, '08, 19:24

This is what's slowly killing Aftermath, you either get dropped or you're stuck waiting. I just get the sense of Jimmy Iovine being the puppetmaster, pushing Em and Dre and i don't think it's right. Would be better to focus on others to get them promoted
but who'd be signed to Afthermath if your like Joell Ortiz
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Next

Return to Shady / Aftermath News