The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Slim Da Mobster: "For Me Its Aftermath Or Nothing"

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Slim Da Mobster: "For Me Its Aftermath Or Nothing"

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 10th, '08, 13:18

Aftermathmusic.com:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to speak with http://www.Aftermathmusic.com - the premier Aftermath website on the net.

Slim da Mobster:
It's only right. My 1st real interview is with you.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's start with your childhood. Where are you from and where did you grow up?

Slim da Mobster:
All over from South Central to Dallas. I'm from the streets.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Which artists have influenced you the most growing up?

Slim da Mobster:
The D.O.C and Biggie. I think Biggie is the best. All around, yeah I said Biggie!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Why did you choose the name Slim da Mobster?

Slim da Mobster:
I got Slim from being in the trap from one of the smokers. I added the Mobster, because I think like one. (laughs)

Aftermathmusic.com:
What is the number one goal that you want to accomplish with your music?

Slim da Mobster:
Providing for my family and my community.

Aftermathmusic.com:
You'll probably answer this question over a million times in the next month, so let's just get it out of the way. How did you hook up with Dre and Aftermath?

Slim da Mobster:
Me and my producer Doug was ridin down Ventura, passin Dre's studio and I was like 'Lets go!'. While being talk to by security The Good Dr. pulled up and excepted my cd. Real shit! I left my number on a lottery ticket and he called.

Aftermathmusic.com:
How did you feel when you first learned that Dr. Dre was interested in working with you?

Slim da Mobster:
Myspace - the A&R at the time kept hitting me up, but I thought he was bullshittin'. So I ignored the 1st couple messages, but then I responded and he wanted me to come work.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What was it like when you first met and spoke to Dr. Dre?

Slim da Mobster:
I almost fainted. (laughs) You know how you dream some shit and your dream really happens. Well, that's what it was. I always felt like he would f*ck with me. But Ni99az was sayin' I really gangbang. I'm active in the streets. Just pure hatin'. But Dre is a real ni99a. His response was 'No lawsuits Slim, if you really want to do this!"

Aftermathmusic.com:
Are you officially signed to the math?

Slim da Mobster:
As a writer. I'm signed to my own label Gangmodule Music. I own all my music. But it's Aftermath or Nothin' on mine.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What is the biggest difference between working with Dr. Dre in the studio than any of the other producers you've worked with?

Slim da Mobster:
He makes me nervous.(laughs) But it makes me go harder. Ask Stat Quo and Young Buck how i go hard, but Dre gives me the power. I need to be a super man. When you hear his beats it just come. I don't need a pen or paper, the words just come to. Dre asked was I on Drugs, because I was knockin out so many records. (laughs) No drugs. I'm Detox, but I might relapse. (laughs)

Aftermathmusic.com:
Did you ever think you would have the opportunity to work with such a great label in music?

Slim da Mobster:
No. Honestly, because of what ni99as say about me.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Dr. Dre is signing people who are real workaholics. What pushes you to record songs all the time?

Slim da Mobster:
Just knowin whats at steak makes me go hard. I'm like Snoop on The Chronic. This is my foundation. I got to help bring it to where it should be. The West Coast that is.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Dr. Dre said that you will you be on DETOX. Can you tell us more about the project and what you’ve done with him so far?

Slim da Mobster:
I wrote a song and 50 Cent is on it. And a couple of other joints, but the rest you got to wait.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Do you think Dre will be able to fit most of the people he’s ever worked with on 12 or 13 tracks? There are some fans who feel that they’d prefer more songs on that record.

Slim da Mobster:
Dr. Dre can do anything. He's that Ni99a!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Are there any particular artists and producers that you would like to work with in the future?

Slim da Mobster:
Will.i.am, Kanye, Swizz Beats and T-Pain, The Game, Bishop Lamont and Tyrese.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Do you have anything to say about Bishop Lamont? He’s also from the Westcoast and he’s very high ..math’s anticipation list.

Slim da Mobster:
I love Elvis. Thats my dude!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Now you're signed with the elite. What do you hope to bring to listeners in the future?

Slim da Mobster:
Real Westcoast Gangster Shit.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Have you been busy working on your new album?

Slim da Mobster:
Everyday .. everyday!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What guest appearances can we expect, if any?

Slim da Mobster:
Still workin ...

Aftermathmusic.com:
What producers will be on the album?

Slim da Mobster:
This time I'm only using Dr. Dre beats. (laughs) Stay tuned!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What's your view on dropping mix-tapes to build a street buzz?

Slim da Mobster:
Mine did. The only ni99a in L.A.. The whole mix-tape is hosted by DJ Clue. No deal no nothin'.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What albums do you bump at the moment?

Slim da Mobster:
Chris Brown, Old Cube, NWA and B.I.G. P.O.P.P.A.. Thats it!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's talk about one of the greatest MC'S of all time - 2pac. What is your comment about him as a rapper and as a person? Did his music influence your style and rap skills?

Slim da Mobster:
He dissed Dr. Dre before he died, so no comment.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What are your goals for 2008?

Slim da Mobster:
Establish myself as a legit business man. Start payin taxes. You know the 1st check I ever got was from Aftermath. Thanx to Mr. Andre Young and Ary Inc.

Aftermathmusic.com:
With a lucrative future on the horizon, is there anything you would like to say to the fans?

Slim da Mobster:
Support us. We need you all. This is the only way out for some of us.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Best of luck this year and I hope we can catch up again later this year to see how things have gone!

Slim da Mobster:
I like to send a shout out to every ni99a in my gang. Dr. Dre for listening and givin real ni99az a chance to do something better, because ni99az will do they best to keep a real one down. Aftermath or nothing!

*Note* I Relise This Guy Isnt Signed to aftermath yet, but this has got alot of talk about him working with dre so its a strong source that he may be the next aftermath signing so that is why im posting this.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Slim Da Mobster: "For Me Its Aftermath Or Nothing"

Postby BaZZ » Feb 10th, '08, 15:04

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's talk about one of the greatest MC'S of all time - 2pac. What is your comment about him as a rapper and as a person? Did his music influence your style and rap skills?

Slim da Mobster:
He dissed Dr. Dre before he died, so no comment.

:/

Haven't heard of this guy before, but remember that thread you posted about what makes you check out an artist? Well this is the type of guy I wouldn't check out. First of all its his name, and second its what he said in parts of the interview.
You never know though he might just be good.
"Hard hearted beast with a jaw full of meat
Engulfed in a feast while you starve at his feet
He toss you the least little portion of a piece
To the floor and expect you to rejoice when you eat" - Brother Ali
BaZZ
Renegade
Renegade

Postby MontanaFX » Feb 19th, '08, 16:15

Sounds like some1 to look out for in the future! :y:
MontanaFX
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mctworm » Feb 20th, '08, 02:03

who slim da mobster :?:
mctworm
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Unscarred » Feb 20th, '08, 10:16

mctworm wrote:who slim da mobster :?:

why you asking this stupid question, can't you read :unsure:
“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
Friedrich Nietzsche
Unscarred
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Epidemik » Mar 1st, '08, 04:35

Unscarred wrote:
mctworm wrote:who slim da mobster :?:

why you asking this stupid question, can't you read :unsure:

word..

haha sounds like someone i would look into.. ya the name is kinda gay.. but meh..wutever..
he sounded fairly humble from what i read.. thats rare in rappers now adays.. to many cocky fuckers.
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Return to Shady / Aftermath News