The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Talks On G-unit And Curtis Album Disapointment

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Talks On G-unit And Curtis Album Disapointment

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Mar 29th, '08, 17:50

Though the group has already saturated the market in 2008 with mixtapes, 50 Cent wants to remind listeners that G-Unit isn’t out of the business of studio albums.

This week, he invited MTV to his Connecticut mansion to preview tracks from the group’s sophomore disc, tentatively titled Lock and Load.

"I created monsters," 50 said about his groupmates. "Frankensteins. I got three of them. It's like creatively they got strong opinions on things they like. I think their solo careers changed what our collaborations were in the beginning. If you look at the beginning of the mixtapes, I was creating the hooks."

Lock and Load would be the follow-up to an already-busy 2008 for G-Unit, after already releasing two mixtapes, Return of the Bodysnatchers v.1 and Elephant In The Sand, over the past couple months. DJ Drama has also confirmed that he was working with 50 on a G-Unit Gangsta Grillz mixtape [click here].

But the new stream of content can be attested to 50’s disappointment with the sales of last year’s Curtis.

"It was a blockbuster that I lit, and it didn't explode. I felt like it should have went a lot further than the results I received,” he told MTV. “Publicly, I feel that 50 Cent fans don't believe it was a dud. It did have 'I Get Money,' it did have 'Ayo Technology,' 'I'll Still Kill,' 'Follow My Lead' with Robin Thicke. These records were hit records, but the timing they came out was wrong. If the first record you heard off Curtis was 'I Get Money,' it would have shifted more millions in sales."

The interview also has 50 talking about his loss of interest in the democratic primary, the content of his web site ThisIs50.com, his reputation amongst the general public, and his upcoming Blood In The Sand videogame.

From: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6 ... appoinment

Props to unscarred :y:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: 50 Cent Talks On G-unit And Curtis Album Disapointment

Postby Sleepy » Mar 29th, '08, 17:52

didnt he say hed retire if kanye outsold him

[ Signature reduced by TRshady for exceeding limits ]
Sleepy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Rap Dogg » Mar 29th, '08, 17:57

Here we go again with Fifty an his loads of money.Idiot has already bunch of it,but he can't get enough.He's really a retard.And btw,Molonono,it was just a commercial trick to make more money.He admitted it in couple of interviews,but even the baby could see that. :b:
WHEN I GRAB A PENCIL AND SQUEEZE IT BETWEEN FINGERS,I'M NOT A RAPPER,I'M A DEMON WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH,FREAK GENIUS
Rap Dogg
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Sleepy » Mar 29th, '08, 17:58

partly guessed bout that

[ Signature reduced by TRshady for exceeding limits ]
Sleepy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby macdaddy019967 » Mar 29th, '08, 21:37

Rap Dogg wrote:Here we go again with Fifty an his loads of money.Idiot has already bunch of it,but he can't get enough.He's really a retard.And btw,Molonono,it was just a commercial trick to make more money.He admitted it in couple of interviews,but even the baby could see that. :b:

I personally don't see him as an idiot, because he is a millionaire. I'm pretty sure that the main reason why people don't like 50 is because of his confidence and even though people constantly put him down he continues to shut people up by being the center of attention, making a shit load of money, and being one of the best selling international rappers.

Hate him because of his music, but not by his achievements. :y:
#JMG #SacJB #ToxicBuffy #Trinell #Meadows_Killas
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby BigBangBazinga » Mar 29th, '08, 21:45

^^ What he said. I admire 50. He really don't care what people say, he does his thing and you gotta respect that. And I'm probably one of very few on this site who actually like most of his music. :whistle: Lookin' forward to that G-Unit album. Elephant in the Sand had some very hot tracks. :smoking:
I'ma be BALLIN UNCONTROLLABLY

Have you guys ever rapped along with Almost Famous? You cant deny, its fun LOL. - Miller1121

we stans listen to Eminem like 12 hrs or when ever our eyes are open. :coffee:
. - MCSam
BigBangBazinga
Role Model
Role Model

Postby blitches » Mar 29th, '08, 22:49

elephant in the sand was way better than elephant in the room
blitches
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby matz » Mar 30th, '08, 00:08

u gotta respect 50 cent cos hes a really successful bussinessman

and its interesting that he doesnt mention straight to the bank or amusement park in his good tracks on curtis......its like hes admitting they sucked lol
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Postby C.L.K » Mar 30th, '08, 03:10

matz wrote:u gotta respect 50 cent cos hes a really successful bussinessman

and its interesting that he doesnt mention straight to the bank or amusement park in his good tracks on curtis......its like hes admitting they sucked lol

lol :y: :y:
but we have 2 respect 50 :worship:
learn * et
live * et
love * et
RIP PROOF ( 1973-2006 )
EmFaN4EvA ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
C.L.K
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Robbie G » Mar 30th, '08, 04:01

I had a dream last night that I met 50..He was wicked pumped and he gave me an autograph. :flower:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mysteryd5 » Mar 30th, '08, 17:48

personally, who gives a fuck bout 50cent ..Mr Mathers will be crowned king again very soon and there will be no competition
Mysteryd5
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby MinM » Mar 30th, '08, 22:37

macdaddy019967 wrote:I personally don't see him as an idiot, because he is a millionaire.

hella rite!
you can judge him and call him an idiot or whatever else when you got more millions than he got or at least the same amount... i think...
Ted Bundy did it, John Gasey did it, Jeffery Dahmer did it, Jim Baker did it, Jimmy Swaggart did it, Lil Rick did it... And why me can't do it? :confusion:
MinM
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Mar 30th, '08, 23:02

I agree with mysteryd5
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby FiredUp4Shady » Mar 31st, '08, 13:05

I dunno about others but Fif cannot compare to Eminem by far. Wait till King Mathers drops and you will hear killer ryhmes reminiscent of his spit on Renegade.
FiredUp4Shady
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jay-19 » Mar 31st, '08, 21:51

FiredUp4Shady wrote:I dunno about others but Fif cannot compare to Eminem by far. Wait till King Mathers drops and you will hear killer ryhmes reminiscent of his spit on Renegade.

And how the fuck do you know that?! Don't get me wrong, I would very much like that, but nobody than the man himself knows anything about the album.

And about Fifty, I personally think he's a sell-out who does anything for dead presidents. But I can't argue with the fact that he is one of the most successful rappers of all time. And the GRODT album is one of my favorites of all time. But he needs to get back to the more serious stuff, and not always rap about bitches, money and how he's the best.

Knock that off Fifty, and you'll re-gain my whole respect! :smoking:
Kickin' Incredibly Dope Shit
Jay-19
Band Leader
Band Leader

Next

Return to Shady / Aftermath News