The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Stat Quo Interview Part 2

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Stat Quo Interview Part 2

Postby IceAxe » May 16th, '08, 21:25

Continued from this interview.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Those Aftermath studio sessions that we see you with you, Busta, and Bishop are they gonna be placed on Statlanta, or…

Stat Quo:
You know what's so crazy about that? We was just in the studio, sitting there, and this guy had a camera and I was like "yo, I wanna record some shit" cause we always had interesting conversations like that, just whether it's me, Dre, or Bishop, or Busta, or Marshall, or around 50, whoever I'm around we always have interesting conversations so I wanted to give people an opportunity to see and hear what the fuck artists talk about, you know, cause I know when I wasn't an artist, I was sitting wondering like "I wonder what the fuck they're doing in there, you know what I'm saying, when they ain't recording."

So, you know, we recorded a video, my homeboy Rick - his little brother hooked it up, you know what I'm saying, edited it, you know what I'm saying, that was edited by like a 17 year old, you know what I'm saying, that shit was edited -- [by a 17 year old] yeah, straight up, you know. People think it cost a lot of money to do shit you don't have to spend no money, that was edited by a 17 year old, you know, he did an excellent job with that, actually, you know and they mentioned him in XXL , he was pretty excited about that. So, he edited it up and we threw it out and people went crazy for it, everybody's putting it on their pages and listening to it, you know cause Busta, he's such a fucking veteran in the game, you know, he's a legend, dawg. He knows so much shit, that's what I'm saying, that's why I'm unstoppable because I'm around so much knowledge, man.

Motherfuckers telling me shit constantly and instilling stuff in me and I take heed to them lessons - that's why my ride is getting ready to be out of here (laughing), cause I know, I got the keys, baby! I'm driving, baby! I'm driving, man! It's a good look, man. And now I'm in Germany, man, I'm in Germany, dawg.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Right here in Germany, aftermathmusic.com, you know, were chillin' right here

Stat Quo:
I've never been out here before, this is my first time

Aftermathmusic.com:
How do you like it so far?

Stat Quo:
Love it, you know what I mean.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What about the girls???

Stat Quo:
Hey, Staten Island, baby

Aftermathmusic.com:
You know people in the states are gonna be like…so watch out what you say.

Stat Quo:
Aw, man, it's all good, you know, there's a little sprinkle of Staten Island all over these motherfuckers, just getting my sprinkle on, leaving my mark. (Laughing)

Aftermathmusic.com:
Okay, is there gonna be a new volume of the underground Atlantic mixtape series anytime soon?

Stat Quo:
Um, you know what, that remains to be seen, I'm probably gonna put another one out, but the next time I put one out it'll definitely be like with an album following it, it won't be like last time, you know what I'm saying.

Aftermathmusic.com:
So, we know if that shit drops we can be sure…

Stat Quo:
Yeah, I'm gonna tell ya something, let me say it: I am putting an album out. I promise.

Aftermathmusic.com:
You heard it.

Stat Quo:
I'm putting an album out and there's gonna be a video for "My Ride." It's out of here, it's gone, whether you like it or not - and you gonna love it, cause you gonna hear it so much you're gonna have to fall in love with it. B.O.B what up, man, A-town, it's on man…

Aftermathmusic.com:
Okay, this question, I guess, everybody gonna ask you that but I'm gonna ask too because, you know, I'm a fan too…so what's happened with Detox...and what's gonna happen? (Laughing)

Stat Quo:
I'm gonna say it again; Detox…Dre is working on it, man. Like, that man works hard. People don't understand, they think Dre just be sitting around kicking it, man, Dre works hard, man. He's one of the hardest working motherfuckers I ever seen, and Em is just like him, you know what I mean, in that respect, you know, 50 too. Motherfuckers work hard, you know what I'm saying, so, Em's record is coming, you know, fo' sho', Dre's record is coming fo' sho', you know. But at the same time, when their records are coming, that's something you gotta ask them.

Like I was working with Dre over the summer and kind of like up till August/September, I was out there working with him but I came back to Atlanta because, like I said I needed to get some things - my son's in Atlanta - and I need to get some things together for myself to where I could be in the driver's seat, you know what I'm saying, but I plan on, when I go back home, when I leave Germany and go to Atlanta, I'ma go out to L.A. and probably link up with Dre, I'll probably have a little bit more information at that time, right now I haven't been out there in a while to know and I know, you know, he works so hard, man.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What happened to him, I mean, when I seen that picture I was like, "wow!"

Stat Quo:
Well, he worked out, but see, that's what I'm telling you, that's the kind of person he is, man. You know, when he sets his sight on a goal, you know, he makes it happen. If you look at the way he used to look and how fat he was, he said, "I'ma change my life."

Aftermathmusic.com:
You sounded so harsh, "how fat he was." (laughing)

Stat Quo:
No, you know, he'll tell you he was fat. I mean, you know, chubby or whatever. But he went in there, he work hard, man. He works hard. So, if he can do that for himself, anybody can, that's the way he approach anything he does, he works hard, he don't talk about it. a lot of people talk about what they gonna do, you know what I'm saying, dude goes in there and makes it fucking happen, because he's a hard worker, man. You know what I mean, and like regardless of like whatever, I'd fuck with dude. like dude was my like a mentor for me, you know what I'm saying, I look up to him, you know what I mean. I think he's - not just a great producer but he's a great man because, like it's easy to tell a motherfucker what you're gonna do, but it's hard to go and fucking do it…dude makes it happen.

Aftermathmusic.com:
It's like a lot of people [who] wanna quit smoking talk about it but they don't do it.

Stat Quo:
Yeah, they don't do it, you know what I'm saying, so with that kind of determination, that's why I know he's gonna come out with his record, but you know, like if you Michael Jordan and you already solidify yourself as being Michael Jordan, you wanna make sure you come out like Michael Jordan again, you know what I'm saying, you wanna make sure it's right. So, people always say, "well, where's Detox" but let Detox come out and not be what they expect, they're gonna shit on him, so he gotta make sure that Detox is everything because the expectations is like through the roof, you know what I'm saying.

He's gotta live with that burden, not me, not you, not nobody else cause it's his name, so I don't give a fuck how long he take to put the album out. From my standpoint, whatever he need from me I will always be there for him, you know what I'm saying, because him and Eminem gave me a chance when nobody did, you know what I'm saying. Like, people started fucking with Stat Quo after they saw that these people were interested in me, everybody wanted to come to the table or whatever. So, I will always have a great relationship with these people, you know what I'm saying. Like I said, he's an outstanding individual, a man who make great shit and like, this ain't no political shit for me, like motherfuckers be in interviews like oh you just being political, naw, I fuck with these cats, these cats is genuine people.

So, Dre can take forever, you know what I'm saying, we'll be old and gray together, fucking put Detox out - I don't give a fuck, I'm ridin', you know what I'm saying, that's the homie. Now as for Stanton Island, which I can speak on, oh that's coming out soon…soon. (Laughing)

Aftermathmusic.com:
What's your thought on SP Soul who did a remix for "Here We Go"?

Stat Quo:
I heard it on aftermathmusic.com and I enjoyed it because it's dope, you know what I'm saying, when somebody thinks highly of your music enough to where they gonna create an expression behind it, I ain't trippin', you know what I'm saying, I do that all the time - if I hear a song I like, I get on that motherfucker like anybody else would, you know what I'm saying, I take the beat and put it on the mixtape and rap one, so it's the same shit, so how could I hate somebody who's doing the same shit I do?

Aftermathmusic.com:
So would you consider working with him, maybe on a song or, you know…

Stat Quo:
Oh, of course, no problem, you know, let's get it. Shout out to SP Soul.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Okay, cool. So do you have any last messages to the people?

Stat Quo:
Statlanta is coming!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Thanks for the interview.

Source

props to Unscarred (I was just about to check for news too lol)
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Stat Quo Interview Part 2

Postby Robbie G » May 16th, '08, 22:07

Sweet, I always enjoy his interviews.
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby zhao mo tian » May 17th, '08, 03:20

i like him! expect him
zhao mo tian
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby dontapproachme » May 17th, '08, 14:46

yeh stat quo is cool. love his music and he seems funny his interviews are allways gud, worth reading! cant wait for his new album
dontapproachme
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby AJS2050 » May 17th, '08, 15:32

Yeah great dude! , his tracks on re-up were mint n cant wait for new lp
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » May 17th, '08, 23:50

Yeah lovin his new double bubble song, waiting on that new stat album