The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Cashis Interview

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

New Cashis Interview

Postby IceAxe » May 31st, '08, 00:48

Aftermathmusic.com
What's up man. What's going on Cashis? Before we get into your music, tell our visitors abit about yourself. Where are you from, and what do you represent?

Cashis
What up world! Good lookin' out on the pub. I appreciate any and all pub I get, especially from within the fam. But to address your question, I'm from Southeast Chicago, Chatham Avalon community. The trife life 79th. I came to Cali, to Irvine, to stay with my mama and my baby brother, while my pops was in Lompoc, doing a dime. I got tricked to get out there though. hahaha...but I became a man that year and got kicked out that city 6 months and went to Riverside, with a baby on the way, and a felony record.

And my homeboy for life, Rikanatti and Pap (B.B.) me and pap fam, we was like on some other shit. He from Texas, and I'm from Chi, so we clicked up 'cause we spoke in similar tongue (no homo fagots, read a book if you don't get the meaning). We had Irivine involved in all, kinda urban things…real, real urban things. And we went all thru every county, it was great to see how many real niggaz were here, 'cause, I had the wrong idea about Cali, all I saw was white guls and fruity drinks on TV. I thought the only G'z was in the Death Row camp Dre had. CPT and LBC, ya dig.

I represent Chicali...that's why my origin of the Midwest as if I was supposed to be born in the middle and establish myself, and get my training to come out West and get money and train people with the training that I was given...true survival.

Aftermathmusic.com
What actually made you wanna rap! Why did you take this decision?

Cashis
Rikanatti. I thought rappers was fake, if you wasn't Pac. So, I was content at selling dope, living fast, getting money, and dying young and leaving a fly corpse in the box. I was in the mind state, of every other shawty coming up at that point, and some today, that are on the same terrain as I was... I had a lot of cases, and I was still a teenager, so Ricky, and Abe, and my brothers (R.I.P. Rob, CVL, Outcold, Sonny, HB, Kilo) told me to blow before you go, Joe!! And I was always getting high and freestyling, about the block, with my cuzzo Von G from the low end, and cuzzo, J.D (R.I.P.) and they was heavy on Mobb Deep, and East Coast flow, so that actually introduced me to the lyrical aspect, and break beats style that I love now.

And when I heard Kurupt, I was like, this what I'm on, that lyrical gang bang style. I knew that would set me apart from others, and the fact, that I tell fact in my rhymes, would give me that Pac edge, plus I ain't never had a problem with females, ya know.

Aftermathmusic.com
In your earlier days in Chicago - did you ever run into people like NO I.D, Kanye West, Common, etc during your time of coming up?

Cashis
Nah, man, Kanye knew my cousin, he stayed on South Shore. I knew of Kanye though, seen him once or twice as a shawty, but he is from the generation before me. And he wasn't gang affiliated, to my knowledge, so, it wasn't like we would've been in the same spots too often. He is extremely talented though. Common, was my idol in rap 'cause he was the first one of "us" to make it, meaning members of an organization that is affiliated with criminal acts. We ain't from the same nation, but he is the South Side messiah for real. I seen him, bending a block or two, but he was more like the person I wanted to be. I knew from him that I would make it for "us" 74's. Never met No ID, but have a great deal of respect for him.

Aftermathmusic.com
Which artists have influenced you?

Cashis
King Mathers, Pac, Kurupt, 50, Common, Prodigy, MJG, C-Murder, early Lil' Wayne, Twista, Speedknot (the best group ever to me..go buy Mobstability), Psychodrama (Newsense was the Shawnna of today, the best female rapper hands down), Snoop of course, Meth, Blaq Thot, Hov (I told the whole hood, that Hov was the one we been waiting for), Smoothe Da Hustla, Crucial Conflict and Trigga Treeach, who is a beast every time!!!

Oh yeah, and Too Short, E 40, San Quinn, and Ice Cube, and Scarface. Didn't mean to place them on the bottom, to this list there is no order but Mathers first.

Aftermathmusic.com
How would you describe yourself as an artist?

Cashis
I am a very bi-polar artist. The same way my personality is. That's how I can record a Miss Jenkins, and a Jus like me record. I think that displays my artistry. It really is the flashy Ca$his, who is a lil' too quick to speak harsh to others, thinking nothing of it, and he would rather get money, and look at whoever ain't trying to get money with him, as potential enemies, so he plans a lot of ill strategies against them, whereas Mone, as the artist, conveys the dark side and the vulnerable side of me as a artist.

'Cause if u listen, you hear me profess my loyalty to extreme measures, and often end up surrounded around those who truly do not share the same beliefs as I. And you get the hungry hustla, no nonsense, iron fist style artist. Like King Henry VIII...if I say it, I gotta do it, right or wrong. So, I try to only speak what I mean. And sometimes it's Cashis's mouth that gets me into the situations I record about. I've always lived with insane mood swings, highs and lows, no in-between. So, that's what you get in music...me.

Aftermathmusic.com
Now that you have been under Shady Records for a little while now, tell us when and how you were told that Eminem wanted you to officially become part of his label, and what was your first reaction to the news?

Cashis
I got a call from my homeboy Dart (A.I.) Parker to jump on a plane to NYC that night. I got there, went to Quad studios, with Richard Spoon my manager at the time. And he left back to Cali, and I stayed and became that piece of the puzzle that Em said he was missing. I saw that on MTV, and I was in shock that he actually said that to the public. I knew it, but I thought maybe he was just in real good spirits that day. But it was real, and I pledged allegiance to him ever. No matter what. Against whoever, and I accepted him as being in the lead role, and when it's my day, I will still remind everyone, who the King is, while I govern this hip hop nation.

He put me in a position to ride with 50, Banks, Buck and Yayo. I love all them dudes. 'Cause, if you wasn't a G-Unit or 50 fan since he went mixtape crazy...you don't like quality music, so this isn't for you. And they put me on the first record, from a triple plat album. And I'm the new guy. But everybody kicked it and we all on the same vibe. Me and Banks got some records that's showing ya'll what them lyrical gangstaz sound like again. I know you hear Bank$ killing them mixtapes again. 50 told me at the "You Don't Know" video I was gonna be a big star, get all the camera time, all the time, [and] that I had what it took.

I got a co-sign from Dre...Dre, nigga!!!!! Dr. Dre -- think about that, Joe -- Dre, King Mathers the best rapper/producer ever, (who pout me in the capo slot) 50 (come on ya'll, name one album, that your favorite artist has released that has more of an impact then even one of fif''s mixtapes) Bank$, Buck and Yayo (all thorough street dudes, with immense talent and loyalty, and drive…who happen to be the best in their regions). Needless to say, I was on 10, because I am a fan, and the fact that big money, said I would make big money...it was and is a major motivator for me...Shady GGGG G-Unit

Aftermathmusic.com
How did you hook up with Rikanatti in the first place?

Cashis
School he and his boys had a issue with the colors I was wearing, and didn't know I had the pump in the drop top, in the parking lot. Once he realized I was fresh off a plane from Chi, and what I was about, we laughed and was homeboys right after....he'll tell ya, he glad as hell they chose to be wise.....That's my guy, Joe....hahahaha for real.

Aftermathmusic.com
What do you feel sets you aside from other Shady artists?

Cashis
Either way I respond to that, it would be misread, and I respect my Shady comrades...Big ups to Creek, Stat, Kuniva and Trice. So I would like to just say my location, being that the West is the biggest market, I have a strong female fan base, which ensures there will be some record sales off GP. And my background, the bloodline I come from. You know in this rap game it's always friendly competition, that's what keeps us unified, and I go extremely hard each time, that's what I hear, and know...

Aftermathmusic.com
Let's talk a bit about your debut release, Loose Cannon. Are you satisfied with the album?

Cashis
I'm more than satisfied to be on my 3rd official release debut album. More than satisfied. I'm happy for the fans of music. Because I am a fan of music and I feel as if this is the beginning of a long, committed relationship, with the fans, and TV networks and radio stations. I'm gonna surprise a lot of people, including my core audience.

Aftermathmusic.com
What guest appearances can we expect, if any?

Cashis
King Mathers, the whole G-unit (including Buck, 'cause family is family) and my true blue homeboy Spider Loc, Freeway, I'm working on something with my guy Crooked I (who just released his new single), Speedknot Mobstaz. and I will stop there, so I don't give it all away. 32 records, 16 on each. 10 feature records. So the weight of the album is with me, where it should be.

Aftermathmusic.com
Who handled the production on your album?

Cashis
Em, Rikanatti, Jake 1, She Money, Jelly Roll, Khalil, Emile and we are still sorting out sample clearances and such. So, I can't name everybody. Plus, I'm about to give 12 records to this movie I'm in (I'm doing a small part like Game had in that movie Street Kings). But I'm handling the soundtrack. The movie has some big names in it. So, they will do their part in bringing in the movie revenue, while introducing me to that audience. And I will get to do the soundtrack, and get artist I respect on there and make a classic soundtrack. So, I'ma have slots open for other records to slide in. I record all the time, so, this gives me a chance to work with those who just now got to see, that I deserve to be in this position.

Aftermathmusic.com
Rikanatti did a lot of production on your album, how did you two meet and what more can we here from ya'll?

Cashis
You can hear more classics!!!!! I got several street albums to be released thru various companies, in the America's and abroad. To accompany The Loose Cannon 2 disc CD. Me and homeboy, Young De, got a Homeland Security street album coming out, after my project successfully drops. We actually shooting a video for the record "Can't Move Me" this weekend in L.A -- got me, De, and Mitchy Slick. It's a cold record, Joe.

Aftermathmusic.com
Could you describe the album for us?

Cashis
The Loose Cannon, will have you needing to take Depakote, for your emotional roller coaster. It's gonna get better every listen. You'll catch different meanings. But just the overall sound of it will have you hooked at first listen.

Aftermathmusic.com
What can we expect on it content wise?

Cashis
The truth....no lies. If you are a real person, no matter what your walk of life is, if you real about yourself...you already know what I mean. The fun part, is hearing how I bring the truth to light.

Aftermathmusic.com
How different will your album be from the mixtapes?

Cashis
No vocoder, all original beats, And you'll hear the concepts, like Serenade my life (which isn't on the album) and you'll get my inner secrets, trials and tribulations, on the mixtapes, I gotta be one of the best at it fo' sho'. But the album is more defined, more controlled, not as much, just getting kite, and freestyling my life on the mic. I make each record with the intent to evoke a certain emotion.

Aftermathmusic.com
What is it that you hope to bring to this rap game that no one else has done?

Cashis
There really isn't nothing new to bring to the game. I'm just bringing back when people made records that reflected the thoughts of the urban mind. I think we all got too caught up in money, The floss of it, 'cause getting it is what we are bred to do -- you need to make people strive to get all the money our government can print. But if you ain't got as much as I do, don't feel as if you gotta try and rob me and get your as shot, 'cause I made a record downing being poor. 'Cause I was once poor for a long time.

I've had money for two years…whoop-dee fucking do. And my problems have increased tenfold what my finances have. So, I'm just bringing it back to where black artist stop fearing black people. If you gotta tuck ya chain don't wear it. Why be imprisoned in the free world, 'cause you scared of getting ya chain popped. I represent both sides -- the haves and the have-nots. It cost five G'z a month just to feed my kids and both they moms. You add three residences with bills in O.C., which ain't cheap, even in the hood. We at 25k per month...plus birthdays, which occur every month for me.

Plus, I help out a lot of people, so I feel like a have-not from that aspect, 'cause when I'm in town, I cook the meals for my kids, I take 'em to school, and I do the grocery shopping for all homes. So, if I get complacent I will go under. Ca$his is a seven figure dude on paper. Ramone, is the dude that gotta keep Ca$his at that level and higher...so I am both a have and a have-not. That's what I bring that others don't really contribute to this rap game.

Aftermathmusic.com
Did you feel any pressure recording your album with Eminem pushing you?

Cashis
Nah, he loves all my records, it's over a thousand of 'em now. Some are great and some are good -- the good we mixtape, the great we keep.

Aftermathmusic.com
One of the guest appearances on your album is Eminem. The street single "22" features him. Tell us more about the song.

Cashis
Man, I can't really speak much on it...you'll hear it. What up Bank$!!

Aftermathmusic.com
Will you make a video for the song?

Cashis
That's definitely a strong possibility.

Aftermathmusic.com
What's the first official single called, who`s featured and who produced the track?

Cashis
"Grinden" or "Ride Like me" from disc 1....I'm that nigga or "clicc clicc boom" from disc 2.

Aftermathmusic.com
Does the increase in bootlegging these days worry you?

Cashis
Nah. I'm glad that I even get bootlegged. I love the fact that people wanna steal me...hahaha. That's tight. My EP got heavy bootlegged. And I think that if the music is great, the people will rush the polls and vote. No matter what. 90 percent will get the bootleg; 60 percent of those 90 percent will get the bootleg 4-6 weeks before the release, the other 30 percent will hear the response and get the bootleg right before the actual album drops. So first week, you have 10 percent guaranteed, now factor in the guls that just want the picture and the ridaz in the pen, they need the real copy.

That adds us back to 45 percent, then if half of your bootlegged audience feels the music is quality, they will buy it first week, 'cause it's on sale. That takes us back to 90 percent. Now subtract 20 percent from that, due to the economy. And you will reach 70 percent of your projected sales first week. Now, you can exceed your own expectations if promotion and marketing is done properly.

Aftermathmusic.com
And now the main question: When do you think we're going to be able to cop that record?

Cashis
9-23-08. I have to deal with some legal issues that will end up requiring me to sit at the crib for a short stint. But I can still go and record from certain hours. So it gives me time to launch the first two singles on 7-25-08 still, and more importantly, international sales don't start back up until then and we want a simultaneous worldwide release. I got a lot of fans outside of the U.S. and we have enough pre-order requests to say that I am that type of artist. So we may as well launch it the right way. Plus, I wouldn't be able to do certain things, such as promo tour, in the right time frame. And I'm on mixtape tour right now, so it's increased my presence, fan base, and finances.

Aftermathmusic.com
Fans are worried that with all the recent album delays at Interscope, your album release date may get pushed back as well. Are you at all concerned about that?

Cashis
Nah, 'cause I pushed it back. Interscope was ready to put the single out in February of this year. For real…big ups to everybody at Interscope....thank ya'll. You know I won't let u down.

Aftermathmusic.com
Do you think it matters who writes the lyrics if its dope?

Cashis
Hell yeah, if u claim to be an emcee. You can be a dope mimic if you don't write your own material but definitely not a talented emcee. You gotta create from within. But to those who don't try to be the best emcee, it's all good. I write for folks a lot, I ain't mad at that. I just prefer to write my own hooks and my own verses.

Aftermathmusic.com
In retrospect… being that you are signed to Eminem – and that he is also your mentor - do you think it is possible for people, regardless of social upbringing and skin color, to be completely in tune with the plight and struggle of the African American culture?

Cashis
It's the poor culture. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't really like that common analogy. It could've been for white boys in a poor place rapping that we never knew of in the 70's, who knows. But hip-hop was not just a black thing, it was a form of happiness thru struggle. Em was poorer than a lot of guys I know, so there isn't a color thing, it's a poor culture thing. I love being black and I profess that, but I can't reverse racism and say hip-hop is all black. If it wasn't for wack as Vanilla Ice, there would be no Death Row, no rebirth of Dre, no Snoop, no rebirth of Pac, no Em, no 50, no Ca$his. I'm glad he hung out with Suge and paid to pave the way for real talent!!!! I know that's fucked up. But, it's true -- Stop Domestic Abuse, just leave the bitch.

Aftermathmusic.com
What is the most important thing in your career, which you have learned from Eminem thus far?

Cashis
That if something happens to me, I destroy my life and everyone around me. So, he continually teaches me not to throw it all away for no reason. And that means my kids, my family, my homeboys, and my label. The affect that would have on Marshall would be detrimental, in a way to where music would have saved his life and destroyed the lives of those he cares for.

Aftermathmusic.com
How has being around Shady Records affected the music you're making?

Cashis
It increased my hunger and desire, because I am on the cusp of greatness. But other than that I have, along with Rikanatti and Arkane, Leezey, Kenno and Basix, pushed the public to the point to where they accept fate. I'm supposed to be here. It's not luck or a coincidence. This is prophesy. And I changed the image of my home, my label, to where it's known; you can't talk reckless about us. And I have definitely separated myself in the fact that I am the person that is gonna ride on you if you do. When you think of King Mathers...u think of the greatest. When you think of Shady records, you think of me, 'cause, I am the voice of my label and I rep everyday of every year.

Aftermathmusic.com
Do you think you'll be able to blow up and reach the mainstream?

Cashis
Of course. I already get spins, I've already blown up. Some people ask me was The Re-Up a group album with Me and King Mathers. That's a giant compliment. And that proves it to me. Doing shows in Dubai, Egypt, Australia, Japan, and all over domestically. Big Ups to Atlanta and Texas, NYC and Detroit. I love ya'll to death. I did TRL and 106 and Park, and my video got picked up on MTV for a EP. I'm good.

Aftermathmusic.com
You came into Shady Records right around the unfortunate time that Proof passed away (R.I.P)… Did you ever get the chance to meet or work with him?

Cashis
Unfortunately no, but I get a lot of comparisons to his loyalty to Em and his ridah personality. R.I.P. Big Proof.

Aftermathmusic.com
What is your personal all-time favorite concert that you have performed?

Cashis
Dubai shows, because you really get treated like royalty. I actually was nervous as hell but the people embraced me. And definitely paid me! Big Ups to Fred and Salaam Wreck

Aftermathmusic.com
Eminem named your name "Loose Cannon" and you named his album "King Mathers". Is that right?

Cashis
That's to the right b.o.s.

Aftermathmusic.com
Have you been working on Eminem’s new project at all?

Cashis
I'm definitely a part of the King Mather's classic LP, I'm honored to be.

Aftermathmusic.com
Can you give us some info on Eminem's new album?

Cashis
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. I want to, but I gotta keep it under wraps ya'll.

Aftermathmusic.com
When will Eminem do an interview with Aftermathmusic.com?

Cashis
You gotta ask him. He's busy mixing my records for the album. He goes in lockout mode when he is mixing. He said he is personally gonna ensure that they hear every word, so the public gets what they are looking for and more.

Aftermathmusic.com
Is there a possible collaboration in the works between you and Bishop Lamont?

Cashis
I'm a fan and a comrade of Bishop, so I'm ready whenever the homie is.

Aftermathmusic.com
Rikanatti told me, that you was in the studio with Dre the last week. Is there anything you can give us about Detox as far as what the album is going to sound like?

Cashis
I can't say, but you at Aftermath, so you know what I know. Classic.

Aftermathmusic.com
Will you be featured on Detox?

Cashis
I'd be surprised if I wasn't.

Aftermathmusic.com
Whats it like working with Em & Dre in the studio, any different than with the producers you've worked with?

Cashis
Yeah, 'cause they don't force beats on you, they just let the magic take its course. And they will stay in the lab three days straight with you and do 20 records. No complaints.

Aftermathmusic.com
Have you ever worked with Focus...?

Cashis
On featured tracks, but when I have this down time we supposed to knock out some records. I worked with his Protégé, Phoenix. He is a beast!!! For real.

Aftermathmusic.com
What are your future projects?

Cashis
Re-release of County Hound, Surprise Super Group project, and album number two, Six-Point Stars and Cocked Hats…that is already sounding insane. I'm writing the whole album in the Chi, just to give the people that authentic feel. so when I say Reggios or Italian Fiesta, or I'm on the E way, banking down one ways with potholes, or at Harold's Chicken, you'll know I'm there, 'cause you'll feel it. My 2nd album will get harsher, not softer like most artist, who end up suffering the jinx, due to changing their audience.

Aftermathmusic.com
The internet is becoming a bigger and bigger outlet for artists to promote themselves. what's your take on the whole internet situation?

Cashis
It's good, to see the response from the public. If you generate true interest, good or bad, they will buy your record if it is promoted.

Aftermathmusic.com
What do you think is the biggest change in Rap from back in the day to now?

Cashis
You make more money. And the rappers are less real but they hire crazy dudes from the block, maybe not even their own block, to hold them down. Then they get extorted because cowards always get extorted. Before, the rappers were the real ones, like Face, Bun B, C Murder, Pac, Redman, Keith Murray etc. Now the only dudes mainstream that's true is Tip, and the Unit, and Plies, Rick Ross that I can think of offhand. I don't really like the music I hear enough to see who the artist is.

I think underground artists such as Trick Trick, Bump J and the Goon Squad, B.G., Spider Loc, Crooked I, Tiny Styles, G Malone, Cap 1, Roccett, The whole A.B.N. and Zero -- that's all I can remember but it's a lot more -- underground real dudes rhyming than mainstream, but that's why the underground eventually becomes mainstream, and if you lose your respect for the fans and your love for the rap game you become a has-been.

Aftermathmusic.com
What effect has hiphop culture had on you personally?

Cashis
It gave me an outlet to voice my views to the world outside of my local area.

Aftermathmusic.com
Besides hip-hop, are there any other genres of music that influence you?

Cashis
R. Kelly. That's what I call R'n'B. Kells and Prince, that's the other music that inspires me. I like D'Angelo too. Anybody with lyrics. Not the soft ones, I skip them records.

Aftermathmusic.com
Who are your currently listening to in your iPod?

Cashis
Em's whole catalog, Pac's whole catalog, Hov's whole catalog, DMX's whole catalog, Kurupt's whole catalog, Tip's whole catalog, Scarface whole catalog (especially the new CD), Common's whole catalog, Crucial Conflict's whole catalog, Snypaz, Psychodrama, Do or Die, Tela's "I'm So Tired of Ballin'," Ice Cube's whole catalog and that G-unit "The Way She Move" and "Rider" stay on repeat, but I got they whole catalogs.

But other than that, I got new R&B niggaz, like Blaq Thompson, Kadillac Kaz (who is a beast at the flow), 74, 9squad, "You Know How We Do," Young De, Mitchy Slick Urban Survival Syndrome, Jayo Felony first two Cd's, Snoop's whole catalog, Dre's whole catalog except Wreckin Crew (haven't found it yet), all Chicago mixtapes, from House music to Kids in the Hall. I been banging Biggie "Niggaz Bleed Just Like Us" every day and his freestyles over classic west coast beats. Shyne's first joint, Game's first joint (I can't be a hater ya'll, 50 gave that dude a classic album, it really did us a favor out West) and that Mystikal Unpredictable album, Ghetto Dope, the first and third Lil' Wayne Cd's, David Banner, Bun B new joint, The Roots, Mobb Deep whole catalog, Twista whole catalog.

Kanye and Common's whole catalog. Kellz whole catalog, Cap1 first album. Crooked, G. Malone, Luda's whole catalog, Above the Law "Black Superman," Top Authority, MC Breed and Pac, Yukmouth first double Cd, The Luniz first Cd, Spice 1 "Amerikkas Nightmare," DJ Quik's whole catalog (he is definitely in the top 10 of all time....off "Dollarz and Sense" alone!!!!) Westside Connection first Cd, although I'm glad Common dropped "The Bitch in You," fo' real. O'Jay's, Lenny Wilkens, old Da brat, and Keith Sweat, and Guy. Ginuwine. Shit, everything that was poppin' in the mid to late 90's, Ma$e, Dipset...even though I side with the Unit all day.

The Lox, Group albums, and Kiss's solo's. Nas joints, even Ja's catalog....I watch the steady decline of popularity and know how to avoid it. But he had some hits, til he went Pac, and got 50'd, Em'd and officially murdered. But, his first album got me thru Monique's death, with that "Race Against Time" joint and the one to his daughter with Mr. Biggs ["Daddy's Little Baby"]. Beanie's first two...OMG!!!! And Freeway's catalog is cracking too, Mash, IK, Damo Ru, The Jokester. It's some real talent out there.

Aftermathmusic.com
Take the readers back to the humble beginnings, before all your success came in. What was your last real 9 to 5 job (outside of music) and when did you quit?

Cashis
I had a on-and-off call center gig, thru a temp agency, 'cause I'm a felon, tatted up, a job wouldn't directly hire me. But I was never really there, I went in to see my partners and sell meth to the bosses. But I would usually just go in to kick it with my kids' mom for a minute, smoke a blunt in the stairwell and bounce. I only really had to be there the first few months til I got off probation. He was on my helmet about how I made my money with no job for two years. I last worked four years ago, I guess. What up Big Dave, Lorraine, Matt, Rodent, EBay, and all ya'll. Told ya, it was either trap or rap for the G.

Aftermathmusic.com
If you could go back, would you change anything to the way your career has been going, do you wish you would have done things differently?

Cashis
Nah, you gotta live with no regrets, I just plan better in the future. Like, I turned a lot of fans off in the beginning 'cause I was a west coast dude, going hard at Game. And it took a sec for the fans to compare talent and decide. Plus, that was the wrong time to stage an attack. His power was at its peak. But I was ridin' for my side, and it's all or nothing in that. Now we share a whole west coast of fans, along with every other West Coast emcee, it's a open market to love who you want and buy everybody's record, and I'm respected, feared and appreciated even more off my real music.

I wanted to hop in and fight but in that battle, there are no winners 'cause I didn't gain and he didn't respond. So neither one of us lost nor won. It was almost a waste of the time, but the hate from his fan base gave me more life. It made them jump on the sites to see what I was saying and a real dude always come out on top in this mortal life until we choose to go on our journey to the other world, ya dig.

Aftermathmusic.com
Do you consider yourself a man of faith? What are your personal and religious beliefs about God?

Cashis
Yeah, I definitely believe in a higher power and I have faith in my spirit that I will correctly [be] guided thru this journey of mortal life. My daddy a preacher who was once atheist. My family, we ain't church goers, but we pray daily, multiple times. Alone. I believe I am a child of God, and that makes me a god, in his image. It DOES NOT MAKE ME GOD, but read ya bibles, it says men are gods. My religious beliefs is sort of like Socrates, Plato and other philosophers. Always search for truth. And I think you gain wisdom in death because that is what we are all born to do.

I believe in reincarnation, which has been supported by the lost sea scrolls, now on exhibit. So, I believe in being just and never dishonorable, and I agree with most laws, except those which don't take into account the circumstance of the offense. I believe in an eye for an eye, a life for a life. And whatever I do with a pure heart, I will not suffer from. Off the subject but R.I.P. Static Major.

Aftermathmusic.com
With Election Day right around the corner, who is your favorite presidential candidate, and why?

Cashis
I like 'em all. I'm a felon, so my vote don't count. I like Obama, 'cause he's trying to make a change and he is full of motivational energy, but he's not that certain of his race and I don't know about that part; that indecisiveness may cost us in time of war or crisis. 'Cause when it's on, I want a gun, not a speech. I prefer the Malcom-X way of thinking. But Obama handled the queer scandal quite well, and the drug scandal -- that shows he has great PR skills and is a prominent Senator, with great potential.

I like Hillary, 'cause she's from Chicago and she was raised Republican, and crossed over to Democrat by choice, and made a difference. And she is already used to being in the White House (change the name of it ya'll, slavery is over. Maybe we should build a castle, so it's brick), she's survived scandal, tragedy, years of lesbian talks about her, and she knows how to make money. And she's a woman…I'd like to see what a female could do in office. Plus, it's Bill Clinton's wife, ya'll, that's dope. I think she knows the most on how to be president of the U.S. Queen Elizabeth 1 made her family and country richer than what her father did, so it's possible to assume great things from Chicago Hillary.

And lastly, McCain: I like his name, sounds like a crackhead's happy value meal. He's the oldest, so he should be the wisest, he will go to war and not tell secrets, and his son is over there now and he still sees the fact that we can't just remove troops or there [or there] will be anarchy. We need to finish the job we started, however it may be, peacefully or violently. Plus, my tax bracket changed, so I'm for the businesses and people who earn over 250k per year. McCain is from the West and his wife is super paid, so he knows how to manage money.

I think all three candidates have a great shot. Let's put aside skin color and all that and look at who is the best for America. And right now, I like something from each candidate. Even if Obama doesn't win this one, he will be president next election. It's his destiny.

Aftermathmusic.com
Finally, since the digital revolution and distribution has snowballed in the music business -- what ringtone and caller tune is currently on your phone?

Cashis
I don't do those. I'm glad people buy mine, but I'd rather just let you hear a normal ring when you call me, and I use that new jawbone Bluetooth so I wouldn't hear a ringtone anyway. I play that Drug Wars game on my phone though.

Aftermathmusic.com
Are there any last words that you would like to put out to your fans?

Cashis
Stay tuned, more music coming soon. I wish you all prosperity in an abundance. You got folk out there fighting for rice, ya'll. It's about to get real hectic. Don't give up. And just know that Shady/G-Unit/Aftermath got the means to help relieve the depression of this recession we are headed into. And thank u for electing me as your candidate. Don't forget to rush the polls and support. Thanks to all of you, we got this sewn up!!!! Loose Cannon, Black Jesus, Shady Capo Ca$his.

Aftermathmusic.com
Thanks for taking the time out to do the interview and good luck with everything!

Cashis
Thank, ya'll. Luck is for the unskilled, winners always find a way to triumph.

Source
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New Cashis Interview

Postby Tash8 » May 31st, '08, 01:39

besides his sucking up to eminem every other line and his i'm a felon shit, he actually has some smarts in him.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Robbie G » May 31st, '08, 02:02

He got into some deep stuff there lmao..

I hate how he can get me all pumped for his album if though I know it's probably going to suck... :'(

Aftermathmusic.com
One of the guest appearances on your album is Eminem. The street single "22" features him. Tell us more about the song.

Cashis
Man, I can't really speak much on it...you'll hear it. What up Bank$!!

Does that mean it features banks and Eminem?? That'd be dope..

And she is already used to being in the White House (change the name of it ya'll, slavery is over.

:worship:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » May 31st, '08, 02:29

Chet wrote:lol cashis likes common...to bad he doesn't rap like him

Good point, although I do like a lot of his shit.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Requiem » May 31st, '08, 03:34

"Aftermathmusic.com
Eminem named your name "Loose Cannon" and you named his album "King Mathers". Is that right?

Cashis
That's to the right b.o.s.

Aftermathmusic.com
Have you been working on Eminem’s new project at all?

Cashis
I'm definitely a part of the King Mather's classic LP, I'm honored to..."

Cashis says Eminem's new album is King Mathers? :unsure:
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Robbie G » May 31st, '08, 03:39

Yup...
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby <Stiiccy> » May 31st, '08, 03:51

i dont care what yall say cashis is the shit
even if he cant stay off em's dick haha
Sticcy Z
Prison in Febuary, i don't give no fuckkssss
Saten is here
<Stiiccy>
Role Model
Role Model

Postby <Stiiccy> » May 31st, '08, 04:21

Chet wrote:
sticcy z wrote:i dont care what yall say cashis is the shit
even if he cant stay off em's dick haha

so ur saying that one song he put out (idk, the video had him in or near a car) was hot?

take out the word "the" and I agree with you

lmao naa i heard his ep and i really liked it...'
its all a matter of opionion, but look on the bright side atleast hes not rappin about money and shit like that
Sticcy Z
Prison in Febuary, i don't give no fuckkssss
Saten is here
<Stiiccy>
Role Model
Role Model

Postby dontapproachme » May 31st, '08, 13:51

good read i like cashis
dontapproachme
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Jun 1st, '08, 04:31

Chet wrote:
Emadyville wrote:
Chet wrote:lol cashis likes common...to bad he doesn't rap like him

Good point, although I do like a lot of his shit.

the ep was good...but he blows on the mixtapes

Actually yes, I agree with this more, I didn't download but one of his mixtapes and it wasn't great, but I really loved his Ep, so I guess I was going off of that. But one question, do you all think he was really listening to Em before he got signed? Cause he always answering questions on who influenced you and who do you like and who are your top rappers or whatever with "King Mathers", with his straight uo gangsta image/life/music/portrayal I don't see him bumping Shady in the past.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Nu Syd » Jun 1st, '08, 04:33

hes cool, good read
Nu Syd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JJG » Jun 1st, '08, 07:27

Ca$his is the only rapper that I get excited when he does a new mixtape.Eminem is only good on his abums,I never liked his mixtapes. :shifty:
Some rappers claim that they got a heart full of anger
How when your lyrics were written by a stranger? - Ice Cube

http://www.youtube.com/user/JJGisback
JJG
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Emadyville » Jun 1st, '08, 08:22

JJG wrote:Ca$his is the only rapper that I get excited when he does a new mixtape.Eminem is only good on his abums,I never liked his mixtapes. :shifty:

What mixtapes Em even have. I'm sure I have all of the songs, what were the mixtapes?

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Return to Shady / Aftermath News