The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Sues Ex For Defamation, Talks New Album In 4th Quart

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Sues Ex For Defamation, Talks New Album In 4th Quart

Postby Jumbo » Jun 19th, '08, 19:37

The G-Unit general is heading back to court, this time to defend his reputation. 50 Cent has filed court papers in Long Island, NY to sue Shaniqua Tompkins, his ex and baby mother. 50 is suing for defamation of character, because he says Tompkins has been suggesting he was behind the fire that burned down his house last month. Tompkins has made statements like "He tried to kill me and his own child," adding, "I know this came from 50 Cent."

50 also says that Tompkins is willfully violating their court ordered custody agreement. His son Marquise's cell phone was destroyed in the fire and the only way 50 has to communicate with him is through Tompkins cell phone. 50 says he sent his son a bag of new clothes and a new cell phone but nothing came of it. "There comes a point where you can no longer sit on your hands and listen to her spread these falsehoods," 50's lawyer, Brett Kimmel, said. "Besides hurting his reputation, they have a damaging impact on their son."

In related news, 50 Cent recently talked to Billboard where he said his new album will be out sometime in the fourth quarter of 2008. Check out the interview, click here.

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 50 Cent Sues Ex For Defamation, Talks New Album In 4th Quart

Postby MinM » Jun 19th, '08, 22:22

Chet wrote:great, that means no Eminem in the 4 quarter

maybe next year :(

why is that? everybody was talkin about how fuckin crazy the year would be, everybody was gonna release... maybe Em will release the album? :unsure: i hope. if i was EM i would cuz it's the Shady Year - '08. and by the way, why everything what is shady is 08. what does 08 or 80 mean?
Ted Bundy did it, John Gasey did it, Jeffery Dahmer did it, Jim Baker did it, Jimmy Swaggart did it, Lil Rick did it... And why me can't do it? :confusion:
MinM
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Jun 19th, '08, 23:51

lol @ how eminem did the same thing with kim last year
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Emadyville » Jun 20th, '08, 03:29

That thought never crossed my mind, fuck you Chet and your logical thinking :angry:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby S0LD1ER » Jun 20th, '08, 12:15

Man I hope you wrong, I wanna see Eminem drop a album more then 50, I cant wait till next year to hear Em again. Damnit 50 better wait.
S0LD1ER
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Emadyville » Jun 20th, '08, 18:23

S0LD1ER wrote:

Man I hope you wrong, I wanna see Eminem drop a album more then 50, I cant wait till next year to hear Em again. Damnit 50 better wait.

Remember that 50 had that before I self destruct shit for a few years now, so he could prolly release whenever he wants, so if Em wants to drop 50 could drop asap or push it off, so who knows, fuck we never know anything all speculation.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby AJS2050 » Jun 20th, '08, 23:14

Ah i dont want another 50 cent album leave that till next year or never i dont care i just want new Em!

I've noticed how Em wore alot of clothing saying Shady 08 on in alot of interviews in 2005 hmmm...
AJS2050
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Emadyville » Jun 21st, '08, 00:01

AJS2050 wrote:Ah i dont want another 50 cent album leave that till next year or never i dont care i just want new Em!

I've noticed how Em wore alot of clothing saying Shady 08 on in alot of interviews in 2005 hmmm...

Ha good point but I think that's like his number or something, I'm guessing cause of 8 Mile, and that's why it's on all his clothing, but who knows subliminal messAGE?

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby MinM » Jun 21st, '08, 22:25

Chet wrote:
MinM wrote:

why is that? everybody was talkin about how fuckin crazy the year would be, everybody was gonna release... maybe Em will release the album? :unsure: i hope. if i was EM i would cuz it's the Shady Year - '08. and by the way, why everything what is shady is 08. what does 08 or 80 mean?

well your right...em still could drop in the fall...

08= 2008 the year

Like I was born in 1990, aka, I was born in 90

damn, dude, i mean not the year, i mean on the Shady Ltd. caps the number 08, i mean "dirty dozen, 80 of us, shady brothers, ladys love us", i mean "slim shady... i'm M80". that's what i mean.
Ted Bundy did it, John Gasey did it, Jeffery Dahmer did it, Jim Baker did it, Jimmy Swaggart did it, Lil Rick did it... And why me can't do it? :confusion:
MinM
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cwayon_Murder » Jun 21st, '08, 22:40

...?

M80 is some kind of explosive if I'm not mistaken. The number 80 appearing in 2 songs has nothing to do with...anything.
And the 08 on the clothes is just referring to the year. Next year they will probably put 09 on their merchandise.
The numbers 08 and 80 don't have some kind of hidden meaning specific to D12. Just because you heard the number 80 in two songs doesn't mean it has some kind of meaning...
Cwayon_Murder
Soldier
Soldier

Postby complexity0 » Jun 22nd, '08, 04:52

Why is it that every year is shady year when really that hasn't been the case since like 03.
complexity0
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Emadyville » Jun 22nd, '08, 14:45

complexity0 wrote:Why is it that every year is shady year when really that hasn't been the case since like 03.

Good point, maybe they are all coked up daily and honestly believe what they're saying, or Em keeps telling them that and they believe everything he says cause all he has ever signed rides his dick?

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby MinM » Jun 22nd, '08, 23:16

Cwayon_Murder wrote:...?

M80 is some kind of explosive if I'm not mistaken. The number 80 appearing in 2 songs has nothing to do with...anything.
And the 08 on the clothes is just referring to the year. Next year they will probably put 09 on their merchandise.
The numbers 08 and 80 don't have some kind of hidden meaning specific to D12. Just because you heard the number 80 in two songs doesn't mean it has some kind of meaning...

1. photos made in 2004-2005 maybe even earlier
2. "shady records was 80 seconds away from the towers"
3. maybe 08 means 8 mile but like the number in sport, maybe like jordan 23 - shady 08?
MinM
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dontapproachme » Jun 23rd, '08, 22:19

how old is his son actually?
dontapproachme
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jumbo » Jul 7th, '08, 19:16

Quote 50:

"I got some music. But I'mma make music until I reach a closing date. I'mma stay creative and continue to try and progress," he said. "I want to focus on the positive, and I feel I'm one of the more vocal people in Hip Hop. Even when it's not about music, people pay attention to me, because I have something to offer. I'll continue to create quality music at a pace they haven't seen."

- more
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady / Aftermath News