The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Obie Trice Officialy No Longer With Shady Records

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Re: Obie Trice Officialy No Longer With Shady Records

Postby Big Proof 4ever » Jun 29th, '08, 19:09

fuck this bullshit never thought that ill say this but fuck EM and his shady records wit buch lame asses cashis,creek and stat they all 2gether aint better than obie,alot of weird things happened after proof passed,i cant get it what the fuck is goin on
Big Proof 4ever
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mcZu » Jun 29th, '08, 19:16

maybe after proof died, Em´s business reasoning has gone down.... Let´s hope his lyrical ability didn´t....
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Jay-19 » Jun 29th, '08, 19:31

I only got two words for this:

Fucked up. :'(
Kickin' Incredibly Dope Shit
Jay-19
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby mcZu » Jun 29th, '08, 19:33

KillahGoat wrote:I only got two words for this:

Fucked up. :'(

Ad this three words before thos two.... ´´Shady records is..´´
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby vermin » Jun 29th, '08, 20:16

fuck :(
There will be my signature. It'll be a hot one. You'll look at it and say - wow that's a gangsta signature.
vermin
Soldier
Soldier

Postby blitches » Jun 29th, '08, 20:21

that really sucks, cheers was a classic, Stat quo next just watch, yup, ima just have to put my faith in cashis and creek now, but i like em both.
blitches
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tash8 » Jun 29th, '08, 20:38

For the idiots yet again blaming Eminem for everything, it had nothing to do with Eminem, eminem has no decision on this. Interscope dropped him.

Btw is Obie taking shots at Cashis?

"I'ma get popped but I ain't worried 'bout Cash-shit
Pockets ain't a problem I ain't worried 'bout that nig"
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Robbie G » Jun 29th, '08, 20:41

Tash8 wrote:For the idiots yet again blaming Eminem for everything, it had nothing to do with Eminem, eminem has no decision on this. Interscope dropped him.

ahahahhh probly..that could be interesting

Eminem kinda has to stick with Cashis but won't diss obie..
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby irfman » Jun 29th, '08, 20:42

Maybe Obie wanted to his own thing, work with other people apart from peeps in shady records. All I gotta say is Best of luck to him.
Motherfuckers, say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it? - Jay Z
irfman
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 29th, '08, 20:47

Tash8 wrote:For the idiots yet again blaming Eminem for everything, it had nothing to do with Eminem, eminem has no decision on this. Interscope dropped him.

maybe, there's deifnalty a couple of subliminals in there towards the new guys on the roster, and even a couple of not disses but more like angry/disapointed remarks to eminem.

and yeh it aint eminem that does this its interscope the controll the roster, but the fact eminem let it happen is why it is partly his fault, he has a say in the label and you would think he would fight like fuck to keep obie, he was without a doubt the sickiest guy on the label after eminem (older eminem coz obie > encore and post encore eminem) the only other person on that label near him was proof and he wasnt solo. if it was the fact of to many people not up to standards you would think em would drop the wack guys (creek and cashis) and work more on obie.

im pretty sure D12 and obie's numbers arent extremely different, and since D12 have more people the profit is goin to work out the same coz there alot more getting shared bewtween the guys in D12 before it reaches interscope, you think eminem would let them drop d12 ?
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Jun 29th, '08, 20:48

irfman wrote:Maybe Obie wanted to his own thing, work with other people apart from peeps in shady records. All I gotta say is Best of luck to him.

It wasn't obie's choice to leave, matter of fact Obie couldn't leave, he had a contract... Only way out was for Interscope to cut his contract.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tash8 » Jun 29th, '08, 20:49

,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:

maybe, there's deifnalty a couple of subliminals in there towards the new guys on the roster, and even a couple of not disses but more like angry/disapointed remarks to eminem.

and yeh it aint eminem that does this its interscope the controll the roster, but the fact eminem let it happen is why it is partly his fault, he has a say in the label and you would think he would fight like fuck to keep obie, he was without a doubt the sickiest guy on the label after eminem (older eminem coz obie > encore and post encore eminem) the only other person on that label near him was proof and he wasnt solo. if it was the fact of to many people not up to standards you would think em would drop the wack guys (creek and cashis) and work more on obie.

im pretty sure D12 and obie's numbers arent extremely different, and since D12 have more people the profit is goin to work out the same coz there alot more getting shared bewtween the guys in D12 before it reaches interscope, you think eminem would let them drop d12 ?

D12's numbers and Obie's numbers are diff...

D12 goes platinum, Obie went wood and gold...

D12 has in-house producers, so the label doesn't have to go out and pay a lot for producers... Obie's first album had, a lot of eminem beats, a lot of dre beats, a few timbland beats... that costs a lot... I'm pretty sure eminem gave his beats for free but besides that, it costs a lot...

Obie is funded the same if not more than D12 but he sells less.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 29th, '08, 21:06

Tash8 wrote:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:

D12's numbers and Obie's numbers are diff...

D12 goes platinum, Obie went wood and gold...

D12 has in-house producers, so the label doesn't have to go out and pay a lot for producers... Obie's first album had, a lot of eminem beats, a lot of dre beats, a few timbland beats... that costs a lot... I'm pretty sure eminem gave his beats for free but besides that, it costs a lot...

Obie is funded the same if not more than D12 but he sells less.

(first week sales as far as i know)

Devils night - USA - Platinum (1,000,000)

Cheers - U.S. sales: 904,000

ill use that as the examples, coz obie second album yeh a fuck up by promotion and the label and BET, jamician girl was suppose to be the first single but label said no and if it was the vdieo would have been on the channels ya know, anywae.

got to remember D12 got 6 guys in it and thats 6 royaltie split 6 album sales way split, 1 HUGE advance to split between 6 guys....you get were im goin ? obies just one guy

so core profit wise from record sales obie and D12 wont be to different. d12 more but not much more. also i dont think D12 ever done a solo tour its always been label tours and obie was on them so he held his own that way aswell.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Jun 29th, '08, 21:42

so what, d12 having more members doesn't mean anything, they have to split their profits between 6 guys, the label will get the same amount of profit regardless if they only had 1 member.

also eminem is part of d12, so interscope knows it will sell records, unlike obie were his album could go wood again.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 29th, '08, 22:08

Tash8 wrote:so what, d12 having more members doesn't mean anything, they have to split their profits between 6 guys, the label will get the same amount of profit regardless if they only had 1 member.

no it isnt, dont back up shit without any information on how it works man.

rappers need an advance to live on while making there first album since they usually are unknown before it and cant afford to fund it themselves, the label give money for beats, studio rental, accomodation and then living exepnces. in obies case they have to give an advance to suit 1 man, in D12's case they have to give an advance to suit 6 men. straight off the bat thats a bigger advance, but to get down to it, advances get payed back to the label in full after they drop the album, so its no money out the labels pocket coz they get it back but it is out of the album sales profit, so even if they made more overall they had to pay back a bigger advance than obie. the go by percentage so having 6 other guys in it will still slightly effect what the percentage is, because the manager will get more coz he is managing 6 guys 6 contracts 6 lawyer fee's, you get me ?

bigger advance = smaller percentage by the label (notch much but still smaller)
manager having more work = bigger percentage by him

we could get into royalties but its such a delicate section of music that contracts vary far to much to comment on it, but most likely a solo act's royalties that arent getting split bewtween 6 people, becuase royalties is just a set fee for the song doesnt matter how many people are on it, the label will probly have a dip in the percentage of that, but for a group because of how much it will be getting sucked dry the label wont have much profit made from it.

now concerts are different, alot more money made from them but again the label need to acomodate more people for the group so its a bigger advance again, but the thing about this advance is that its non recoupable, its a different type of advanc eits completely for the promotion of the band, like video's that generate no straight income so its a gamble, they would gamble more on D12 because of eminem (thats more money out ther epocket and they dont get it back), and for the actual concert part of this adfvance the ehadline of these label tours is most likely contracted as eminem NOT D12 so D12 are on the level of obie, but again more guys so they lose more money.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Shady / Aftermath News