The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Busta Rhymes Got Dropped From Interscope/Aftermath

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Busta Rhymes Got Dropped From Interscope/Aftermath

Postby Jumbo » Jul 19th, '08, 19:02

It’s official - Busta Rhymes got dropped from Interscope/Aftermath. It was reported that Busta Rhymes was dropped from Interscope due to a heated argument with Jimmy Iovine. He later confirmed that the album would be released in late September on Aftermath. http://www.Aftermathmusic.com contacted the general manager of Aftermath.

“Yes, it’s true. He got dropped.”, so the General Manager of Aftermath.

“Blessed” is scheduled to release in September, but not on Aftermath.

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Busta Rhymes Got Dropped From Interscope/Aftermath

Postby Requiem » Jul 19th, '08, 19:55

if he had already been dropped, then he wouldn't have said his album was gonna release on aftermath. i don't believe it. busta said "aftermath for life" a man doesn't say that and go back on his word.
this article's bs. i don't believe it.
also, busta rhymes is a huge selling artist. u don't just drop that kind of artist because of an "argument".
straight up bs
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Solace » Jul 19th, '08, 20:49

Just yesterday there was an article saying the exact opposite of this article.

The fuck?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Requiem » Jul 19th, '08, 20:52

shadymademe wrote:Just yesterday there was an article saying the exact opposite of this article.

The fuck?

that's what i'm saying, it's bs
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby blitches » Jul 19th, '08, 21:13

shit wit interscope droppin people as often as they do i wouldn't doubt bus got dropped

anyone remember G.A.G.E.?
blitches
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jumbo » Jul 19th, '08, 21:19

IceKilla wrote:if he had already been dropped, then he wouldn't have said his album was gonna release on aftermath. i don't believe it. busta said "aftermath for life" a man doesn't say that and go back on his word.
this article's bs. i don't believe it.
also, busta rhymes is a huge selling artist. u don't just drop that kind of artist because of an "argument".
straight up bs

This news is newer (from 17th) and "Blessed" is scheduled in September, not on Aftermath! Furthermore it's official that he got dropped. I'll delete the other news.
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShadyHerb » Jul 19th, '08, 21:27

well you guys shouldn't be surprised about this. Interscope if fucking up everyone. Look at 50 they leaked his whole album on Curtis and he was pissed off about that. Now he's leaving once his last cd is dropped. They let Obie Trice go, which to this day I can still never fully understand why. Now Busta got drop. Why won't the people who suck and never released a single album get dropped....Cashis=garbage, Booby Creek=garbage, Stat Quo= garbage. They all need to get dropped. Not the good ones. Hopefully Eminem will leave too and make his own record apart from interscope.
ShadyHerb
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mcZu » Jul 19th, '08, 21:44

ShadyHerb wrote:well you guys shouldn't be surprised about this. Interscope if fucking up everyone. Look at 50 they leaked his whole album on Curtis and he was pissed off about that. Now he's leaving once his last cd is dropped. They let Obie Trice go, which to this day I can still never fully understand why. Now Busta got drop. Why won't the people who suck and never released a single album get dropped....Cashis=garbage, Booby Creek=garbage, Stat Quo= garbage. They all need to get dropped. Not the good ones. Hopefully Eminem will leave too and make his own record apart from interscope.

Exactly, Rakim didn't drop his album on aftermath ( wich I'm stil waitin gfor :whistle: ), The Game left, Obie Trice left... Now Busta tooo.. Man .. It seems as if Aftermath is folowing Death row records lead... :n:
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby scalia5 » Jul 19th, '08, 21:46

ShadyHerb wrote:well you guys shouldn't be surprised about this. Interscope if fucking up everyone. Look at 50 they leaked his whole album on Curtis and he was pissed off about that. Now he's leaving once his last cd is dropped. They let Obie Trice go, which to this day I can still never fully understand why. Now Busta got drop. Why won't the people who suck and never released a single album get dropped....Cashis=garbage, Booby Creek=garbage, Stat Quo= garbage. They all need to get dropped. Not the good ones. Hopefully Eminem will leave too and make his own record apart from interscope.

i totally agree..besides the "cashis=sucks" part..cashis is actually ok...but bobby creeek is horendous, garbage, nothing, :n: ....and same thing goes to stat quo.
scalia5
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Jul 19th, '08, 22:02

wtf is going on?
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Cwayon_Murder » Jul 20th, '08, 00:10

scalia5 wrote:

i totally agree..besides the "cashis=sucks" part..cashis is actually ok...but bobby creeek is horendous, garbage, nothing, :n: ....and same thing goes to stat quo.

No Cashis fails hard. HARD.
Cwayon_Murder
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KrazyKane » Jul 20th, '08, 05:09

I hope this is not true Busta is great. Why would someone drop an artist just because of an argument
"I'm straight-viscious I hit you with plates-and-dishes
Leave you eight-stitches, what I'm gay cause I hate-bitches?"
KrazyKane
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darkblade44431 » Jul 20th, '08, 06:44

Cuz the world is full of assholes. I just hate people in general.
Darkblade44431
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nick419 » Jul 20th, '08, 08:00

lmao it seems like everyone gets dropped off aftermath furreal, even tho busta gettin layed off has nuttin 2 do with dre this time, but em n 50 are like the only ones manageing to stay on the label which is only due to their success
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Juiceboxx » Jul 20th, '08, 22:06

This might or might not be true. But Cashis, Bobby Creek, and Stat Quo are garbage? Hell no. Cashis is gonna be a legend one day. No question. I'm surprised 50 hasn't left Interscope yet. I mean.....50 said "Fuck Jimmy Iovine" in "Southside". He's probably still there cause of the money he makes for Interscope. Eminem will never leave Interscope because Jimmy would do just about anything to avoid that kinda loss. And Eminem's new album comes out 4th quarter '08.....so I've heard :D
Juiceboxx
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Next

Return to Shady / Aftermath News