The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bishop Lamont Speaks On Detox And Eve

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Bishop Lamont Speaks On Detox And Eve

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jul 29th, '08, 23:53

As the buzz for Bishop Lamont’s newest single “Grow Up” spreads to newer outlets, so does Lamont. In a recent interview on the Wendy Williams Experience radio show, Lamont talked about Detox as well as Eve’s quiet fallout with Aftermath and Dr. Dre.

Being somewhat of a spokesman for Dre’s Detox album, Lamont provided a current yet quick report on the project that has put Dre in a mental stalemate. “It’s not done, we about 50% in. You gotta realize with dude, [it’s been] 22 years, and dude is like ‘it’s gotta be the best it can be.’ He’s under pressure, the worst pressure. The worst scrutiny is coming from his own mind, his own ears.”
Switching the subject to former Aftermath signee Eve, Bishop gave his reasoning as to why her music career wasn’t in the right place so to speak. “Eve started doing the TV show, Eve was doing the Fetish thing, and she was getting money a lot of other ways. So the same incentive to try and work on records wasn’t there. And Dre wants you to be all in, but she had other ties. So her energy wasn’t the same coming in because when you work with Dre you gotta do 150%.”

After stating he’s been in a metaphoric “concentration camp” working with Dre on both albums, Lamont jokingly confessed he has had very little time for any outside distractions because he’s “always in the cave with 'Dre-dolf Hitler.'”

The Reformation is looking at a November release date.

From: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7 ... ox-and-eve

props to Unscarred
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Bishop Lamont Speaks On Detox And Eve

Postby Epidemik » Jul 30th, '08, 01:49

if his album is scheduled for November u can expect detox not to drop till 2009.. :whistle:
Epidemik
Omnipotent
Omnipotent

Postby Emadyville » Jul 30th, '08, 04:23

Haha Dre-dolf? Well I hope Dre realizes the fucking pressure from the rest of the world not just his own mind.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby vt_x_spider » Jul 30th, '08, 11:42

The happiest dream you can have is to drop till 2010.
vt_x_spider
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jens14 » Jul 30th, '08, 17:04

50%? I though it would be almost finished by now :unsure:
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Evanz19 » Jul 30th, '08, 22:38

Well 50 cents new album, Eminems new album, Bishop Lamounts new album and Detox are all scheduled for a late 2008 release apparently. Or at least thats what Ive heard in some article or another so I reckon someones album is going to pushed back. So heres the order I think they will come out, Autumn 2008 - 50 cents album, December 2008 - Lamonts album, Mid 2009 - Eminems album and 2010 hopefully Detox. :sweating:
Evanz19
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Nick419 » Jul 30th, '08, 23:33

dre's been working on detox for like 8 years and hes only 50% done? :unsure: wooow. but didnt he just do an interview with usa today saying he was shooting at a november/december release of THIS year? so would that even be possible if hes only half done lol
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby squaneminem » Aug 3rd, '08, 12:19

I am just fed up of waiting for this Detox....I hope the quality won't be below 100% since both Lammont & Dre are doing a 150% job on this album
square dance with me
squaneminem
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Shady / Aftermath News