The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Talks Detox

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Talks Detox

Postby Jumbo » Aug 5th, '08, 19:41

Perhaps a sign of things to come, more and more artists are speaking about their role in Dr. Dre's alleged upcoming album, Detox. Possibly the most anticipated album in Hip Hop history, the latest artist to speak on the long-awaited album, which is to be released in November or December, is none other than 50 Cent.

"I recorded material with Dr. Dre for the Detox," said 50 to MTV News. "It's great. I want it back. I want the records back," joked Fif.

50 did indicate, however, that he wants leftover material Dre has. "He has the music. It's right there in the computer. I stop by [his studio] every time and get something that adds something significant to my project each time [I'm about to put a record out]. And I spend three or four days there. To me, he's the best producer in the game.

"When I walk in the studio, I record the first [beat] that comes on regardless if I think it's a hit record or not," 50 continued. "We get in work mode, get comfortable and go through the material that's in the computer. Dre always has hit records. Sometimes, artists that need producers, they need someone to create a direction for them musically. I need the jewels he's just got laying around. He don't gotta tell me what to do with it. All he has to do is say, 'Track six.' Or, 'Go to track eight.' He'll have hits playing there. You just have to get in and get them."

It's 50's guess - just as it is anyone else's - as to when Dre will finally deem the album ready for release. "Hopefully he'll get it done and put it out," he said. "I'm waiting for the Detox. All I can say is, Dr. Dre is the best producer in my eyes. Just the consistency over the years. ... He knows what he wants. He's such a perfectionist that it becomes difficult for him to put it out."

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 50 Cent Talks Detox

Postby Jens14 » Aug 5th, '08, 19:50

Not much news here :p
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Emadyville » Aug 6th, '08, 04:38

saza23 wrote:Bu still better than nothing ;)

Exactly
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Jumbo » Aug 6th, '08, 09:52

Aftermath Cognac Coming With Detox

As we previously reported, Interscope Geffen A&M Records recently signed a deal with Drinks Americas to put out alcoholic beverages. Drinks Americas recently said it would introduce Aftermath Cognac in the next two months. The company will also put out a flavored and unflavored 80-proof sparkling vodka that does not have a name yet.

According to Drinks Americas fourth quarter earnings statement, the Aftermath Cognac and sparkling vodka will be introduced at the same time as Dr. Dre's Detox album, which he told USA Today would be out in "November or December."

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Vertis » Aug 6th, '08, 17:10

sweet its gonna be a long summer; everybody is sayin' real shit 'bout DETOX i cant wait
Vertis
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby EMIN3M » Aug 8th, '08, 19:46

at least were finally getting people talking about the release and not just hearsay
EMIN3M
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DrRapid » Aug 12th, '08, 12:08

EMIN3M wrote:at least were finally getting people talking about the release and not just hearsay

true true, we got bishop b4 and now 50
"A coward dies 1000 deaths, a soldier dies but once."
R.I.P. Guru
DrRapid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Vertis » Aug 19th, '08, 10:36

DETOX gotta be a helluvan album
I'd bet anything its gonna go DIAMOND
Vertis
Trailer Trash