The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Stat Quo Talks Shady / Aftermath

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Stat Quo Talks Shady / Aftermath

Postby Jumbo » Jan 7th, '09, 12:57

After leaving Shady/Aftermath, Stat Quo hasn't hesitated speaking about why he left and his previous labels. In a recent interview Stat says

"If you don’t want to put an album out you should sign to Aftermath but if you want to actually put a record out you shouldn’t. You know what Aftermath is good for? It’s good for artist development. They develop artists good but as far as putting product out, I wouldn’t advise any artists signing over there. Look at it. Marsha is at Aftermath. Is there any question that Marsha is dope? There’s no question that she’s dope. Where’s her album? It ain’t coming out! She’s already been successful with Floetry. It ain’t even coming out. It’s not even rap. It’s some other shit. Bishop Lamont, is there any question that Bishop Lamont is dope? No! That’s why Busta Rhymes isn’t on there because that album wasn’t going to come out over there. 50’s going to come out because 50 can. Em can."

Stat went on to say...

"People think Dre don’t be on the internet. He’s on the internet and he sees the comments and it scares the shit out of him. Yeah, he’s rich and he’s got a lot of money but he’s reading the comments."

Source

Full Interview (props to fazt for the link :y: )
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Stat Quo Talks Shady / Aftermath

Postby IRONP » Jan 7th, '09, 13:02

Stat is just like The Game now,,, in almost every fucking song after he left G-Unit he talked shit about 50, when he stoped that bullshit he started to make good songs, thats what Stat needs to do. let it go, focus on making good music, not dissing Aftermath and Shady who made him what he is,, I understand why hes mad, but still.
IRONP
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Slim Zaddy » Jan 7th, '09, 13:13

well it does'nt matter .. aftermath dont need you man..
z_em = Slim Zaddy = Zaid AQ which is my real name
Slim Zaddy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Bepee » Jan 7th, '09, 13:20

Aftermath is a company who make artist like 50 Cent. They sign unknown rappers, they teach them how to rap, how to speak, ... And when he's ready to sell millions, Aftermath put them out. Just how they showed in the music video of In Da Club. With 50 Cent it went easy, with Stat harder. Bishop Lamont is not ready, wait for a year, and he's everywhere like 50 Cent in the past.

And Stat should be happy, cuz without Aftermath, we wouldn't even talk about him. We wouldn't never know him. Like Cory Gunz said: "I Tought I Would Never Make It, Cuz' There Are So Many Nigga's Do It". Be happy Stat, be happy ...

Btw: Is B.o.B. from shady/aftermath ?
Bepee
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby E&M » Jan 7th, '09, 14:53

Nothing new really, if you don't make effort you can't put album out.
E&M
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby firepower » Jan 7th, '09, 16:07

It seemed like Stat only did waits for his mentors to put him out and co-sign it, he really didnt do anything for himself. Look at Cashis, look at 50, they was/are making a name for themselfs without a Eminem collab, or a Dre produced track

Hip-Hop dead? Nah, It began to imitate itself
firepower
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Acid_M » Jan 7th, '09, 16:47

Bepee wrote:Btw: Is B.o.B. from shady/aftermath ?

he's signed to Grand Hustle - T.I's label and for all you ignant muh'phuckers out there - he is dope as FUCK. get his mixtape...

But yeah as for Stat i agree about that Aftermath artist development idea. The only thing is then why did Busta have to wait so long to drop his albums?

However if you take a listen to Stat's early material circa 2003 when he had just been signed and compare to the shit he's putting out today the improvement is drastic - flow, emotion, wordplay - everything sounds a lot better now. So yes, i can imagine Stat going through that same training regiment that 50 did in 'In Da Club' (so to speak), i'm still waiting on Statlanta tho, i think its gonna have some big fuckin tunes to bump in the whip plus some more than decent rhymes worthy of mentioning
Acid_M
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby ShAdY CaPo 08 » Jan 7th, '09, 19:44

Bepee wrote:Aftermath is a company who make artist like 50 Cent. They sign unknown rappers, they teach them how to rap, how to speak, ... And when he's ready to sell millions, Aftermath put them out. Just how they showed in the music video of In Da Club. With 50 Cent it went easy, with Stat harder. Bishop Lamont is not ready, wait for a year, and he's everywhere like 50 Cent in the past.

And Stat should be happy, cuz without Aftermath, we wouldn't even talk about him. We wouldn't never know him. Like Cory Gunz said: "I Tought I Would Never Make It, Cuz' There Are So Many *****'s Do It". Be happy Stat, be happy ...

Btw: Is B.o.B. from shady/aftermath ?

:y: you said it perfectly bepee.
see they can trigger me but they'll never figure me out...

-Lil Jimmy.
ShAdY CaPo 08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby blitches » Jan 7th, '09, 21:25

srat mad cuz he didn't take initiative
blitches
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Bepee » Jan 8th, '09, 11:01

ShAdY CaPo 08 wrote: :y: you said it perfectly bepee.

Thanks homie.

Acid_M wrote:He's [B.o.B.] signed to Grand Hustle - T.I's label and for all you ignant muh'phuckers out there - he is dope as FUCK. get his mixtape...

Oh yeah right, I forgot. I asked that question cuz' on Paul Rosenberg's Blog, Paul talked about him, so I was confused. But thanks.
Bepee
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby neb121 » Jan 10th, '09, 05:06

i think he is good but just needs to shut up about shady records. he made the mistake of quiting. and what did paul say about him?
http://www.myspace.com/bodaciousentertainment2006

im cantankerous when i step to the mic
mean streaked and eat emcees when i write
-Bodacious-

I will never put down the mic

neb121
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady / Aftermath News