The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Interview: Ca$his Talks His Album, Eminem's "Relapse" & More

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Interview: Ca$his Talks His Album, Eminem's "Relapse" & More

Postby Jumbo » Apr 21st, '09, 17:06

Shady Records recording artist, Cashis, is getting ready to release his debut album, The Art Of Dying. HIPHOPisHERE.com got the chance to talk to him about the album, what he has been up to lately, new projects, and Eminem’s Relapse.

Q: What’s good with the Shady Capo? Thanks for doing this interview with HHiH.

No doubt fammo. I’m still breathing and I’m healthy, so, I’m surviven to the best of my ability.

Q: What have you been up to lately?

I’ve been kinda restricted to stayen in Cali, for certain circumstances, which won’t allow me to be permitted travel outside of the state right now. So, I’ve been an extreme herbivore, along with hitten the gym alot, doin hella cardio, cleanen my smoked out lungs, so that I’m able to give the best performance, everynite I perform. Spending a lot of time with my babies, and providen for them.

Q: Let’s talk about your upcoming debut album. You changed the name from Lose Cannon to The Art Of Dying. How would you describe the album?

You will literally watch me die. I’ma spoil it for errbody, and let you know that I die in the end lol. It’s an album, that the day to day person, can relate to the whole way. No over gangsta cliche rap, no I wanna be the most baccpaccinest baccpaccer, no, I wanna tricc off on females, and waste my rent money at the club stuff… Jus real life. My real Life.

Q: What guest features and producers do you have on the album?

Rikanatti, Khalil, Reef, Jake 1, Neffew, Eminem and a few others, but, I don’t know the names of the producers, but I do know the beat! As for rappers, zero as of yet. I have the traccs, that made the album, so, now I am reachen out to the artists that I feel will match the records. And I have everyone confirmed, with no problem. I will deliver some of the names in our next interview

Q: Can you confirm any of the track names?

I haven’t named them all yet. They are sequenced in order tho.. “Miana” is a record, named after my first child, and it is the record that takes the listener into another zone, of believing in what I do. Em produced that. It’s the deepest, non corny record I’ve ever heard. Honestly. “Grinden” is abot to drop, and alot of folks been anticipaten that record, Matt Alonzo, get the camera crew ready G, cuz it’s gametime! And my ghetto quaran version of where I’m from, titled “Get Out The Way.” I flipped up names to protect my freedom, and not to dry snitch on these wimpy weak girly-boys. And I have “Goodbye 2 Me,” over a Konvict beat. But, the main thing is, the beats never overshadow the words. It’s a classic LP, that shows my depth as a person and as an artist.

Q: You recently put out the single “Jus Anutha Day.” How has the response been on this?

It’s been great! Shout out 2 Angela Yee for being the first one to run with it. I appreciate that for life. It’s a Khalil tracc, and I didn’t know it was a Khalil tracc til it was leaked out. That record was sposed to be on Loose Cannon, it was recorded in early 07, and it’s even more relevant today, in my opinion.

Q: Will you put out any more singles before the album drops?

Without a question I will. We will be filming videos and really doing the big push. I jus had to let the consumer know, that I’m still here, and although you may not have heard me droppen a million mixtapes and songs, like I did previously, I haven’t turned against what I know, I just been caught up in day to day liven. And I thank everybody for supporten the record. It’s getten to be everywhere now. I truly appreciate the support.

Q: And the big question. Around when do you think the album will be released?

We’ve been waiten for the re-emergence of Shady, so now that he’s bacc with a release date, we can set 50’s date, and then my date. By the end of september at the latest, I will have CD’s in the marketplace. Atleast, that’s what I’m told from the bosses. And if they lie to me, they lie to the public, and we don’t tolerate liars round here, at this label. Em, 50, Ca$his. Checc Em’s Billboard Mag interview, he says it himself.

Q: Are you working on any other new projects you can tell us about?

I have 227 The Album, comen out 7-28-09 Digitally thru Bogish Brand Entertainment, distributed by INgrooves/Universal. And every quarter for one calendar year, I will release a project under that imprint. I’m tryna get that Flo-Rida money… lol for real, also Mitchy Slick and I are doing a group LP called Gang Terms. It’s exactly as G as the guys rappin on it. We recorden it in The Yay Area. It gives me a breath of fresh air, and a break from doin what’s required of me for my family’s survival. I jus go and record, and Mitchy and my bro bro Big Will, keep me tippen while I’m there. So, it’s all love. And Myself , Young De, Kadillak Kaz, Preme, and some of the BBG extended family, are doing Homeland Security “Border Control” I have several offers for that project also, so, once it’s recorded, we’ll sell it to a label, and let them push it out to the masses.

Q: Will you be doing any touring this year? Maybe go overseas for a few shows?

Most Definitely, Japan, Italy, The UK, Australia, Canada, Dubai, tour dates are already contracted, I can’t travel out of the country again, until a few situations are resolved bacc home first. What can you do, but take it as it come to you.

Q: I’m sure a lot of people would want to know this. Have you heard any tracks off of Eminem’s Relapse?

I’ve only heard what the fans heard. I want it to be a surprise to me, because I am a fan first. I anticipate a classic LP.

Q: What do you think it will be like?

I can only assume that it is his best work. Because The King Mathers LP, was the best album I have heard, and with him scrappen that for newer material, it can only mean, that he is in a musical zone.

Q: That was all the questions I had for you. Anything you want to say to those who are reading this? The word is yours.

Thanks for taking the time out of ur day, to pay attention to what I have to say. To all my fans worldwide, I love ya’ll, and to my new fans, or borderline fans, give me a shot, and I won’t let u down… If I die before my album drops, or during the height of my release, recognize the authenticity of the material… It’s deeper than rap, and deeper than publicity stunts, it’s who I am, and what I represent, which is the struggle , which we all live in.

Source: HHiH
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Interview: Ca$his Talks His Album, Eminem's "Relapse" & More

Postby E&M » Apr 21st, '09, 17:13

Lol what about Detox? lmao we wont see that album anytime soon..
E&M
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby kevinh » Apr 21st, '09, 17:20

i still love cashis somehow :P
no meaning in life

I'm just gettin high, gettin high
Think of suicide, suicide
kevinh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dark Blue » Apr 21st, '09, 17:24

pretty cool...detox 2020 can't wait, im not joking either even eminem says it at the end of "we made you" ("dr.dre, 2020") lmao
Last edited by Dark Blue on Apr 22nd, '09, 03:27, edited 2 times in total.
HATERS If you worked your dreams like you do your mouth - things would happen for you
Dark Blue
Addict
Addict

Postby Robbie G » Apr 21st, '09, 17:25

lmfao..

So eminem made the king mathers lp, didn't like it so he made Relapse?

thank god :sweating:
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Rabbi » Apr 21st, '09, 17:41

Shady Babie wrote:lmfao..

So eminem made the king mathers lp, didn't like it so he made Relapse?

thank god :sweating:

Damn tho i really wanna hear King Mathers lp check out who he throwing shots at during that period
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying. - Woody Allen
Rabbi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JMG » Apr 21st, '09, 18:16

cashis took dre's part in the 3 headed monster.
JMG wrote: so are you gonna come fight me or not

Menzo wrote:No, I HAVE something to live for.
JMG
Renegade
Renegade

Postby heva » Apr 21st, '09, 18:27

so King Mathers was real after all
heva
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Spyder » Apr 22nd, '09, 03:10

:confusion: that is very wierd. prob changed it cuz the info got out.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Rapsoldier101 » Apr 23rd, '09, 01:47

Did you guys even read the interview? Dr Dre was irrelevant, why would he talk about the founder of AFTERMATH when their talking about SHADY? do you guys forget that they are 2 seperate labels? The reason why he just said eminem and 50 cent is because they are both his label mates so he needs them to go first Dr Dre is NOT his label mate so dre's release date is irrelevant to his.
Rapsoldier101
Soldier
Soldier

Postby brutus09shady » Apr 24th, '09, 16:19

yall be hatin way to much on ca$h he is lyically better than half of the rappers out now. the county hound was a fuckin solid ep
you say lil wayne i say lupe fiasco
you say jim jones i say biggie smalls
you say birdman i say dr. dre
you say dipset i say nwa
you say eminem i say the greatest
myspace.com/ccwc09
brutus09shady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby cc20 » Apr 24th, '09, 16:36

wow. i did not think king mathers was actually real.
lifetime bliss for eternal torture and pain.
cc20
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby brutus09shady » Apr 25th, '09, 04:11

lol asshis
you say lil wayne i say lupe fiasco
you say jim jones i say biggie smalls
you say birdman i say dr. dre
you say dipset i say nwa
you say eminem i say the greatest
myspace.com/ccwc09
brutus09shady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shady'baby. » Apr 26th, '09, 13:21

I dont know why your hating on cashis so much, i dont think hes one of the greatest but he isint bad either
Shady'baby.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.P » Apr 28th, '09, 00:10

I enjoyed The County Hound EP, and maybe a few songs on Re-Up from Cashis. But i dont like much of his recent stuff.
Mr.P
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady / Aftermath News