The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Claims Album Is Nearly Perfect

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Claims Album Is Nearly Perfect

Postby IceAxe » Jun 25th, '09, 19:42

50 Cent may not be best known for having a humble attitude. Recently, he added to his reputation as a confident emcee by telling MTV that his forthcoming album Before I Self Destruct was nearly flawless.

"I feel like my album is as close to perfect as it's gonna get," he told MTV. "I'm reaching the point to where if I have to continue to write it, I'll be overkilling it."

While he has previously worked with Timbaland, he added that it's definitely interesting to collab with him. In explaining Timbo's methods, he said Tim would sometimes go in the booth and mumble a melody to which 50 had to rhyme to. This presented an interesting change for his writing process.

"I could put lyrics to any melody. I can write a Rap song, I can write an R&B song, I can write whatever type of song. If you put a note on it where I can hear it, man, I can write that. We did that, and that's how I came up with that new cadence for 'Ayo Technology.' We did that a couple of times while we was on there working [on Before I Self Destruct]. It's fun that way to have him participate with me...Even if you ain't got the words. You're up there, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.' Tim will be like, 'I can't believe that. He was able to make everything I just made a noise into a real cadence.' I seen him take pens or pencils into a cup and put it into a shaker. I'm sure nobody else has shaker sounds like that. ... I seen some interesting things from Timbaland."

Aside from Tim's "interesting" production techniques, 50 also worked with Polow Da Don.

Expect new mixtapes "Sincerely Southside 2" and a G-Unit tape with Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks.

Source: Hip Hop DX
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 50 Cent Claims Album Is Nearly Perfect

Postby AnalKiddo » Jun 28th, '09, 18:35

All ill be listening to is the tracks with em on it lol..

Cause the shit I hear is crazy
But your either getting lazy or you don't believe in you no more
Seems like your own opinions, not one you can form
Cant make a decision you keep questioning yourself
Second guessing and its almost like your begging for my help

AnalKiddo
Renegade
Renegade

Postby jmarcroyal » Jun 29th, '09, 05:48

I liked his last album but it was nowhere near as good as Get Rich or Die Tryin. That album was full of classics, 50 just hasnt gotten back to that level since. There are some pretty good tracks on Curtis but by the sounds of it, his next album might be his best ever. All the interviews ive heard or read about say its his best stuff and that hes just tearin it up.

If 50 says its close to perfection, id like to hear what he thinks are the imperfections in his previous albums, see if his opinion matches the general consensus of the fans. There is one problem, if he is saying its near perfection or some of his best stuff, hes building up some lofty expectations. If the Album flops, it could be disaster, I personally hope it lives up to those lofty expectations because if the album does, Rap fans will have lots to enjoy.
jmarcroyal
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby gutawafang » Jun 29th, '09, 06:21

Good news. :y:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Brandon S » Jun 29th, '09, 09:35

There are some pretty good tracks on Curtis but by the sounds of it, his next album might be his best ever. All the interviews ive heard or read about say its his best stuff and that hes just tearin it up.

Do u have any idea how dumb you sound by saying that. Go kill yourself
Brandon S
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DrRapid » Jun 29th, '09, 11:19

Brandon S wrote:
There are some pretty good tracks on Curtis but by the sounds of it, his next album might be his best ever. All the interviews ive heard or read about say its his best stuff and that hes just tearin it up.

Do u have any idea how dumb you sound by saying that. Go kill yourself

So you think Curtis sucks? Well it does in comparison to GRODT but ain't even that bad you dumb shit. Most of its tracks are reasonable. If you're talking about BISD maybe being his best album ever, I don't think so either, it's probably going to be like another Curtis but just wait and see before you start calling people dumb.
"A coward dies 1000 deaths, a soldier dies but once."
R.I.P. Guru
DrRapid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby jmarcroyal » Jun 29th, '09, 23:37

no i liked Curtis, I think its his second best album next to GRODT, better than SVDM. Just hearing some interviews online with 50 and hearing other industry opinions about the work hes doing is really building up BISD. I personally dont think it will be better than GRODT but its being hyped up to be atleast the same calibre.

im just saying there are big expectations for the next album and if they are met, its good for all rap fans.

hey, what is this War Angel LP, is it a mixtape, i downloaded it and wasnt toooo impressed, a few decent tracks but nothing grabbed me...
jmarcroyal
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Weedlacer97BB » Jul 11th, '09, 16:22

50 cents hurt his standards for perfection are deffinatly not what they used to be 5 years ago. i liked his underground shit, and get rich or die trying everything after was too commercial.
Weedlacer97BB
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby ShAdY CaPo 08 » Jul 11th, '09, 22:46

ill believe it when i see it.
see they can trigger me but they'll never figure me out...

-Lil Jimmy.
ShAdY CaPo 08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Arabian Shady » Jul 15th, '09, 12:36

i realy like his war angel mixtape, had some pretty decent songs on that :y:
ArAbIaN ShAdY

We're all on the same page, Yet we're standing apart on different lines'
So when we face rage, Ya'll fake it and let THEM commit horrific crimes
50 years & going straight, Yet this performance aint worth your time,OUR
Shit is BACKSTAGE,Cause the front page aint worth Kashmir and Palestine.
"Front Page",Arabian Shady

FiNd mE At dA "CREATIVE SECTION", I AM ULTIMATE INNOVATION!!
Arabian Shady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby macdaddy019967 » Aug 18th, '09, 03:05

oh man 50 cent is taking forever with this album i hope he doesn't push it back again or else fans will continue to lose interest...ok you're right lol
#JMG #SacJB #ToxicBuffy #Trinell #Meadows_Killas
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby macdaddy019967 » Aug 18th, '09, 05:48

_SacJB wrote:I wonder if his album is going to be as ''hard'' as the first

I really don't see that happening but im sure it will be really close because 50 cent seems like he is hungry again
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby macdaddy019967 » Aug 18th, '09, 06:08

_SacJB wrote:
macdaddy019967 wrote:
_SacJB wrote:I wonder if his album is going to be as ''hard'' as the first

I really don't see that happening but im sure it will be really close because 50 cent seems like he is hungry again

y only close??

because its impossible to top a classic album like grodt
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to Shady / Aftermath News