The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dr. Dre & Warren G Talk "Detox" Status!

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

Dr. Dre & Warren G Talk "Detox" Status!

Postby Jumbo » Jan 26th, '10, 14:01

Dr Dre has come forward to talk about his long-awaited "Detox" album and what it seems like it's never-ending delay. Dre says not only has he still not created the "perfect" record, but he's spending a lot of time in the studio with other artists. "Once that sound is right, once that mix is right, it's a feeling that you get, here -- It's unexplainable," Dre said. "I have to go out to clubs now...You need to understand what people are listening to. I'm working hard on it. I'm stopping to work on other artists in-between, but the minute it's done and I feel it right here. I don't think I've done that [perfect] record yet. I'll know what it is when it comes; I know exactly what it is in my head, but I haven't done it yet. It's close...I got some sh*t coming, believe me."

In related news, Warren G recently talked about Dre's "Detox" saying that not only is he being considered for a song but the time Dre is spending with Snoop speaks to the album status. "Yeah, he gonna drop it, I mean, he's just, he's a perfectionist," Warren promised in an interview. "So when he feels right, that's when he's gonna let it go but I think he's close because when he starts working with Snoop [Dogg], that's when I know he's getting down to the wire. Me and him are supposed to do a record on there, he said as soon as he finds the right record, with the right melody, we'll do it. So you know, I'm gonna be waiting so if I'm on Detox this time, cool. If not, I think it'll be something that the world would love to see because it's never been done, the publicity on it will be huge it's like 'Warren G and Dr. Dre doing a song? That's crazy.'"

Source

Props to brutus09shady :y:
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Dr. Dre & Warren G Talk "Detox" Status!

Postby seanskatex » Jan 26th, '10, 14:13

I've ran out what to say at this point. I've talked to a lot of people about this album over the years. The first tme I heard about it, I had just started to listen to Eminem and I couldn't even speak English at the time. Fast forward, a decade later, I'm in college, almost done with my studies and the album hasn't come out yet. They are gonna need some aggressive marketing tactics to get people interested in it again...Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Relapse 2 more. :smoking:
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

– V for Vendetta
seanskatex
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Dark Blue » Jan 26th, '10, 17:10

seanskatex wrote:I've ran out what to say at this point. I've talked to a lot of people about this album over the years. The first tme I heard about it, I had just started to listen to Eminem and I couldn't even speak English at the time. Fast forward, a decade later, I'm in college, almost done with my studies and the album hasn't come out yet. They are gonna need some aggressive marketing tactics to get people interested in it again...Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Relapse 2 more. :smoking:

yeah they better have something good to promote this album, well i think they r coming out with some kind of liquor tho...think that would help?
HATERS If you worked your dreams like you do your mouth - things would happen for you
Dark Blue
Addict
Addict

Postby stillfalling » Jan 26th, '10, 17:27

like anybody actually cares about detox anymore
stillfalling
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Spyder » Jan 26th, '10, 20:21

:shakehead: idc anymore lol
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby embm » Jan 26th, '10, 22:27

:whistle:
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby macdaddy019967 » Jan 26th, '10, 22:29

ima cop it win it comes out
but the public is sick of waiting at least i am
#JMG #SacJB #ToxicBuffy #Trinell #Meadows_Killas
macdaddy019967
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SlmShady200 » Jan 27th, '10, 00:32

:sleeping: :coffee: :sleeping:
"Homophobic? Nah, you're just heterophobic".
SlmShady200
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby 5lim5hady » Jan 27th, '10, 06:53

lmao what if it came out and it was like the shittiest album-like dre doin autotune and shit on every track like kanye...

im just sayin what if! i would laugh my ass off....but i sincerely hope it becomes sickest rap album ever made, but all eyez on me to this day in my opinion claims that title.
5lim5hady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby forrest » Jan 27th, '10, 13:01

:flutter: i wonder when the album came out and its not a maddest album like dre said and as people expected. What's gonna happen? Where is he gonna put his face after this frigging long waited album? frankly, i dont give dammn anymore, mate.. Just waiting for Relapse 2 :whistle:
forrest
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Slim-Shady05 » Jan 27th, '10, 20:05

Thanks The Info !
Slim-Shady05
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby KingDavid » Feb 5th, '10, 03:40

detox .. that will b the day
RECOVERY RELEASE ISSUE (Now without Lag!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHuxod7xGd0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More Cartoons I've made on NewGrounds: http://kingdavid.newgrounds.com/flash/
KingDavid
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby dR3 » Feb 6th, '10, 05:26

What was Detox again?
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby EminemBase » Feb 18th, '10, 05:22

Mozart composed albums upon albums of masterpieces in the time he's taken to do Detox.

There's perfection and then there's being slow and being obsessive and scared to release.

He's not writing symphonies. He doesn't write his own lyrics, has a huge selection of other rappers showcasing all over it and even has other producers doing shit on it lmao.

So on what fucking level is it his album more than theirs. Shouldn't get away with that. He's one in a handful of people creating the album, sure he's overseeing it but when Alchemist drops an album... It's ALCHEMIST's work. Not comparing them or looking for a fucking debate just making a point.

Co-producing some of the tracks, writing nothing and slapping others all over it and saying it's his and getting credit like he's a genius is absurd.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby dR3 » Feb 18th, '10, 14:14

Maybe he started writing his lyrics. :shifty:
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Next

Return to Shady / Aftermath News