The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

50 Cent Talks G-Unit, Signing New Artists & More

Check here to read and discuss latest news and media from the Shady / Aftermath family.

50 Cent Talks G-Unit, Signing New Artists & More

Postby Jumbo » Apr 8th, '10, 17:17

50 Cent caught up with Mixtape Daily to talk about the Unit, signing new artists, touring and more.

The G-Unit boss is going on tour this summer, but said members of his current G-Unit family, including Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo, most likely won’t make the trek.

“It’s interesting because they probably won’t be coming with me. In the U.S., Banks has momentum with the first single off his new album, ‘Beamer, Benz or Bentley.’ So he’ll be out [on his own tour] with H.F.M. 2 (The Hunger For More 2). While he’s doing that, it probably wouldn’t make sense for Yayo to come with me because his record is almost done now – he should use that time to complete his record and release it shortly after. But I’ll be running around.”

No Banks or Yayo, but Fif says he will not be alone – he’s recruiting new members to his camp now.

“You’ll see new faces, because I’m looking for new artists now. I’ll sign new artists and take them with me and kinda groom them. I don’t specifically say, ‘I want this kind of artist’ — I look for talent that inspires me, that complements what I do with their own thing. Some of the stuff you can’t teach a person; they gotta have it.”

While Fifty didn’t name any specific prospects, but did say he wouldn’t mind adding movie heartthrob Robert Pattinson to the Unit’s fold. The star of the “Twilight” franchise has dabbled in singing in addition to his acting.

“Robert Pattinson. He has a big enough following to be the frontline,” 50 laughed. ” ‘Twilight’ ain’t no joke.”

He also planned releasing his new album entitled Black Magic, gave himself a goal to try and put it out by the end of the summer.

“I’ll work that hard on the actual project. If I don’t feel it’s ready by the end of the summer, I’ll just jeep it.”

Source
Jumbo
Soldier
Soldier

Re: 50 Cent Talks G-Unit, Signing New Artists & More

Postby dR3 » Apr 8th, '10, 19:38

I hope he doesn't sing some shithead.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Re: 50 Cent Talks G-Unit, Signing New Artists & More

Postby embm » Apr 8th, '10, 21:08

cool :y:
hope good rappers
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Shady / Aftermath News