The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Aftermath Artist Dion

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

New Aftermath Artist Dion

Postby Tomega » May 24th, '06, 14:51

NEW AFTERMATH ARTIST DION // May 23, 2006
You heard him singing on The Game's "Runnin", 213's "Twist Your Body", Xzibit's "Scent of a Woman" or 50 Cent's "Ryder Music". After three years of working with Hi-Tek, the Cincinnati-based talent Dion has signed with Dr. Dre's Aftermath label. Hi-Tek, Dr. Dre, Focus and Mike City will produce tracks for his upcoming album. .

"Dion just signed a deal to Aftermath through my company Hi-Tek productions. I produced half the album", so Hi-Tek.

Dion came to Dr. Dre's attention as a result of his hook-singing talent on potential tracks Hi-Tek submitted under his own Aftermath production deal. Dre's invitation to record hooks for the superproducer's various projects led to Dion's appearance on "I'm Runnin'," from the Game's 2005 debut album. For the uninitiated, Hi-Tek describes Dion as a "new-age Marvin Gaye" with natural talent and a soulful sound.

"What attracted me about working with Dion was his tone," Hi-Tek recalls. "He's a smooth guy who directs a lot of songs toward the ladies. He's also a strong writer with a real vision of how he wants to project himself as an artist."

Hi-Tek says many young R&B male artists are "aggravating and corny because these singers have got caught up in the Boyz II Men thing. I'm not dissing those cats. But these new singers have lost the raw, soulful edge that we used to have with Bobby Womack and other artists.

"That's what acts like Dion and Governor bring to the table," he adds. "Like an R. Kelly, they possess a raw edge with a hip-hop twist. There's nothing corny about them."

Hi-Tek has been submitting his work to Dr. Dre who is putting together the highly anticipated Detox album.

source http://www.shadybase.com
Tomega
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Nu Syd » May 24th, '06, 15:02

props,i was wondering who was that singing on runnin.
Nu Syd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bubu » May 26th, '06, 13:32

heard one of his songs ( lil' Pimp upped it in the dl section ) but I don't like him he is too much R&B for me and I only like female R&B artists and only few of them too
....had a dream I was King,
I woke up still King....
Bubu
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Aftermath Entertainment