The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Busta Rhymes Big Bang Expected To Top Charts Next Week

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Busta Rhymes Big Bang Expected To Top Charts Next Week

Postby SNaKe » Jun 17th, '06, 12:47

Busta Rhymes new album The Big Bang hit stores on June 14 and after two days on the shelves, reports stated the rapper's 7th solo album is on pace to debut at #1 on Billboard's Top 200 album chart next week.

The album, which critics are hailing as Rhymes' best work to date is on pace to sell over 250,000 copies during its first week on the shelves.

The Big Bang features collaborations with Raekwon, Marsha Ambrosius of Floetry, Q-Tip, Missy Elliott and musical icons Stevie Wonder and the late Rick James.

Busta has attributed the album's success to the creative freedom has was afforded on his new label, Aftermath/Interscope Records.

" able to talk about s**t I aint never been able to talk about and do it with somebody who really knows how to bring the best out of the s**t that I wanted to talk about," Busta Rhymes told AllHipHop.com. "I aint never really been on a label where I can just do that. I was always on labels where I could make records that was easier for them to get radio spins instead of making albums that was special."

In addition to Dr. Dre, The Big Bang also features production by Timbaland, G-Unit's Sha Money XL, will.I.am, Green Lantern, Jay Dilla and Swizz Beatz, who produced the album's first single "Touch It," which rocketed to #1 on Billboard's Hip-Hop/R&B Singles chart.

"I would try to put that type of shit in those albums, but they couldn't do nothing with it, so people got to know me only for the things they were capable of doing things with, the high energy party records, the wild out records, the animated records," Rhymes continued. "If it wasn't them kind of songs, they didn't get no love. It stagnated the kind of records people were able to hear from me."

The second single, "I Love My Chick" featuring Kelis, will be featured in two separate commercials for Verizon Wireless that will air later this month.

The spots will promote and market mobile music products such as full album downloads and ringbacks.

In related news, Rhymes recently filmed the video for "New York S**t" which features Slick Rick, Wu-Tang Clan, Big Daddy Kane, and Rakim.

The video will also highlight excerpts from Rhymes recent performance at Hot 97's Summer Jam.

Rhymes is currently planning The Big Bang Tour, which is scheduled to kick off later this summer.
SNaKe
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to Aftermath Entertainment