The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I think that GKMC is wack.

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Re: I think that GKMC is wack.

Postby EmTV » Jan 9th, '13, 03:14

N.W.A. wrote:I can respect it if you dont like him, or dont like the album, but there is way too much b.s music out there to call it wack.

I actually wanna take this thread down now. I've had the album since it dropped and it grew on me. Listening to it all the way through is such a trip. 8.9/10 easy.

And I love Section.80 Rigamortis & HiiiPower > most of hip hop.
Wake up call, wake up call.
My answer to every question was
"Fuck Y'all!"
EmTV
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby tadpole25 » Jan 9th, '13, 03:59

i say its a 9.5, great album
"I take yall diss as endearment - I love it when I hear it
Maybe words offensive - free speech I don't fear it
Maybe music can take us to a place so atmospheric
Beyond our greatest imagination, illuminatin' experience
If we open our ears and close our inhibitions, it's clear"
- Tadpole
tadpole25
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chet Starr » Jan 28th, '13, 07:56

Love the album my friends
CSPRODUCTIONS918
#YellowChetTeam
Chet Starr
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Slim Fiasco » Jan 28th, '13, 10:12

Kendrick's music usually takes time to grow on you. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I like GKMC and Section.80 WAY more than the first time I gave them a listen.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sam. » Jan 28th, '13, 14:10

Nah, it's really okay for me.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby TonyTilt » Jan 28th, '13, 16:24

Slim Fiasco wrote:Kendrick's music usually takes time to grow on you. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I like GKMC and Section.80 WAY more than the first time I gave them a listen.

^ this is true for me.. It had some great ass songs though. I can never get sick of m.a.a.d city but I'll give it a 7/10 it was too overhyped
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby K Reidy » Jan 28th, '13, 17:44

it's not wack by any means. If that's the case, pretty much every hip hop album over the past year is wack.

However it is very far from being a classic. Very, very little reply value.
"I don't have haters only fans in denial"-SwizZz
K Reidy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby King Lance » Jan 29th, '13, 15:58

tadpole25 wrote:i say its a 9.5, great album

Ya know... Being Kendrick has got to be crazy.

He grew up in the city of of his legends and got props by some of the biggest West Coast names to begin his shine and keeps it going with props from big names in the industry. He's a true emcee and breath of fresh air to hip hop.

I think his album will be a classic in a few years and I seriously give it a 9.5/10 too.
IMO, this is the best album since MBDTF, I gave it a 10/10

A lot of People think the album was extremely good and a lot of reviews are still giving this album the status of "instant classic", of course it is not a classic yet but it doesn't mean that kendrick is overhyped just because some guys here think that kendrick doesn't deserve the hype.

The album is still living to the hype, some journalists called it "a 21th century West Coast master piece" a few weeks ago and the source called kendrick a prince of hip hop a few hours ago.
http://www.michigandaily.com/arts/1best ... 0-albums10
:shifty:

Overhyped by who ?
Everybody doesn't like tupac, nas, jay, Eminem or biggie, everybody doesnt consider them as the best... they just think they are legends.
Not saying he is already a legend but the industry has been considering him as a potential future goat for a few months... I think he just needs to release other songs/albums of the same quality to be seen as one of the greatest.

He's building his own legacy in the industry and that's really cool to see someone as young as him being a contestant for the torch.

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Francesco » Feb 24th, '13, 01:20

It's a great album considering it was done to sell, a lotta people on the West Coast say they like K.Dot's previous work/mixtapes better 'cuz they are harder but that's pretty normal nowadays. SH mixtape was harder than the album as well. All rappers have to adapt if they want to get money & live the life they want... that's why a lot of them balance all that with mixtapes or street records in between albums.
It's an incredible debut & it is definitely something the West coast needed, ironically to you saying it has no energy... it is really the battery of the hip-hop machine in LA since it came.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Previous

Return to Aftermath Entertainment