The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kendrick Lamar Says He Hasn't Begun Work On Sophomore LP

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Kendrick Lamar Says He Hasn't Begun Work On Sophomore LP

Postby flyingmonkey10 » Mar 2nd, '13, 06:10

Kendrick Lamar says he wants to hold off on his next LP until he's had "a moment of inspiration."

Fans of Kendrick Lamar may have to wait a while before the Compton, California emcee begins work on his sophomore album.

K. Dot recently spoke to Hot 97's Miss Info about his plans to record the follow-up to his acclaimed Interscope debut good kid, m.A.A.d city. He explained that he isn't ready to begin working on the project quite yet, and that he simply wants to "live in the moment."

“I haven't locked in album mode—I write every day, though. I have ideas all the time, but me going in the studio and locking in, and making the next album—I don't wanna force things," he said. "I still want to live in this moment. My biggest mistake today is not living in the moment, and understanding everything that's going on. Like I told to one of them fans out there, you're family. I still can't understand that I'm on this stage right now, so I'm just trying to adapt to it and live in the moment."

He added, "How I'm feeling right now, it would be more of a moment of inspiration, being inspired to go back in and be confident in what I want to say next. I don't think it would be an actual date when I say, 'Okay, let me start.'"

Earlier this week, Kendrick sold out back-to-back performances at New York's Roseland Ballroom, during which he brought surprise guest performers A$AP Rocky and 50 Cent. Most recently, J. Cole revealed that he and K. Dot are planning to release a collaborative LP.

Check out the full interview below.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23059/title.kendrick-lamar-says-he-hasn-t-begun-work-on-sophomore-lp
How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?

Image ImageImageImageImage
flyingmonkey10
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Kendrick Lamar Says He Hasn't Begun Work On Sophomore LP

Postby King Lance » Mar 2nd, '13, 07:04

it's the best thing to do because some artists release mixtapes just after their album and they really over saturate the market.
He is still selling copies each week and there is still a very strong hype around GKMC so I think he won't release his next solo album until 2014/2015.

Patiently waiting for his collab album with J Cole :coffee:

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Kendrick Lamar Says He Hasn't Begun Work On Sophomore LP

Postby Francesco » Mar 2nd, '13, 12:21

Great... he does everything right!
He had a big album & he still rides the wave of it... going city to city promoting it! It keeps the momentum going. Back then the potentially gold plaque is now a potentially platinum one! He better keep it going rather than just go & lock himself in the studio for the second one. This is the original & the best way to promote & keep an album going! When it wears off he'd have a lotta time to start with the second one plus he'll need it anyway after that long run of traveling & promoting.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Aftermath Entertainment