The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kendrick Says He Doesn't Feel Pressure + Lack Of Dre beats

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Kendrick Says He Doesn't Feel Pressure + Lack Of Dre beats

Postby flyingmonkey10 » Mar 21st, '13, 08:06

Kendrick Lamar says pressure is a made-up word to him, and explains why Dr. Dre laced him with verses, but not beats.

As talked about as Kendrick Lamar is in 2013, the West Coast rapper says pressure isn't a factor in his life.

"Man it’s crazy, they would say they expected a lot before the album. I don’t even know what pressure is called anymore (laughs)," said K. Dot in an interview with DubCNN. "I think that’s just a word made up now that people just wanna put on you. Because before I put this album out they were like ‘How much pressure is it to work with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre,’ and then I delivered the album, now they’re saying how much pressure is it for you to do it again."

"I don’t even know what pressure is now. I’m just doing me man," he added, matter-of-factly. "I don’t even look at it as pressure anymore, I never looked at it as pressure. I just felt I’d make the best music I could make. You either like it or you don’t, but it’s always gonna real to me."

Kendrick also explained why his debut with Dr. Dre, good kid, m.A.A.d city, didn't feature any production from the good doctor, unlike Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle, Eminem's Slim Shady LP, and 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin'. "Basically Dre just told me to go out there and do my own thing. See the thing about it is, people get so caught up in the hype with just being with Dre, they just figured he had to stand over your back the whole time while you’re doing music. He looked at me as an artist, cause I already had like three street albums out: Kendrick Lamar EP, O.D. and Section.80."

Kendrick elaborated, explaining that Dre was content with and confident in his artist's formula. "He said I was already ready. All I needed to do is go out and continue to do what I’m doing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That was the main thing he was always saying. By the time I came and turned the album in to him in, that was when we were supposed to lock in the studio and do some records. But he decided and said ‘You’re done. You don’t need to go back in with me. Because you have all the records here."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23280/title.kendrick-lamar-says-he-doesn-t-feel-pressure-talks-lack-of-dr-dre-beats-on-album
How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?

Image ImageImageImageImage
flyingmonkey10
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Kendrick Says He Doesn't Feel Pressure + Lack Of Dre bea

Postby Francesco » Mar 21st, '13, 11:33

I agree... a lotta artists on the West Coast want to just hop on Dre's coat-tail & go for a long ass ride. It's good Kendrick did it on his own kinda, esp. since his album was nearly done when he got it to Dre.

I still think it would be way better if they just added one or two records & Kendrick recorded on Dre beats 'cuz that's how Dre puts his stamp on them classic albums. Not having beats on the album kinda feels like Dre was only Interscope's YES man for K.Dots album.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Man In The Mirror » Mar 21st, '13, 12:03

I don't get what all the Kendrick Lamar-hype comes from. He sucks. Still people praises him as the best lyricist and such. I really tried to listen to him and see what people are talking about. But, shit, he's really wack.
Man In The Mirror
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby King Lance » Mar 21st, '13, 15:24

francesco wrote:I agree... a lotta artists on the West Coast want to just hop on Dre's coat-tail & go for a long ass ride. It's good Kendrick did it on his own kinda, esp. since his album was nearly done when he got it to Dre.

I still think it would be way better if they just added one or two records & Kendrick recorded on Dre beats 'cuz that's how Dre puts his stamp on them classic albums. Not having beats on the album kinda feels like Dre was only Interscope's YES man for K.Dots album.

A compton song featuring Dr Dre should have been produced by Dre but I definitely agree with what dre said, the album was perfect like that, it didn't need Dre on it =p
It was very very cohesive, it was like everything was produced by a single man and actually, you can hear which songs he mixed

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Francesco » Mar 21st, '13, 15:39

Lance5 wrote:
francesco wrote:I agree... a lotta artists on the West Coast want to just hop on Dre's coat-tail & go for a long ass ride. It's good Kendrick did it on his own kinda, esp. since his album was nearly done when he got it to Dre.

A compton song featuring Dr Dre should have been produced by Dre but I definitely agree with what dre said, the album was perfect like that, it didn't need Dre on it =p
It was very very cohesive, it was like everything was produced by a single man and actually, you can hear which songs he mixed

I know, you're right. I said I agree with Kendrick but it just didn't feel right for an Aftermath album. Dre has the ear & realized the album was complete so he didn't even put his stamp on it. That's why apart the mixing he really was just Interscope's YES man for this album.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Rattle1 » Mar 21st, '13, 15:42

I agree, the album was better without Dr Dre's beats and the album is in it's own league.
To me Kendricks album will hold as much weight creatively for him as Em's first did for him and It really means that Dr Dre knew kendrick was "ready"
Rattle1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby flyingmonkey10 » Mar 21st, '13, 20:21

maybe the next album..... :o
How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?

Image ImageImageImageImage
flyingmonkey10
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Francesco » Mar 22nd, '13, 00:24

flyingmonkey10 wrote:maybe the next album..... :o

It's gonna be needy for his next one... Kendrick will spend more time with Dre when he starts his next one, plus his status in the game is way different now... he'll need the best producers & the best feats to maintain his rise.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby ImANoob » Mar 22nd, '13, 00:37

i dont think kendrick needs any dre production

RIP TRShady. July 6, 2012 - February 6, 2014
ImANoob
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Mar 22nd, '13, 13:01

ImANoob wrote:i dont think kendrick needs any dre production

This is not even important. It was ok for the first album 'cuz when K. Dot was signed on the 'Math his album was nearly done. But if he was on the 'Math for the whole process of his next album & still didn't have Dre on it would mean that K. Dot was signed there as a publicity stunt or just for exposure. Two albums on the 'Math but no Dre beat on 'em?
They will definitely spent time in the studio together for the second album & they'll definitely have at least two joints that will make the final cut.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby SliK » Mar 22nd, '13, 14:05

Has anyone in their life heard anyone else refer to Aftermath as "the 'Math"? :laughing:
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Mar 22nd, '13, 14:19

SliK wrote:Has anyone in their life heard anyone else refer to Aftermath as "the 'Math"? :laughing:

Jokes on you, groupie... yet again! People who follow hip-hop for a longer period than a few months or so have heard tens of rappers using it over the years... ones from the caliber of Snoop, Warren G, King Tee, Ice Cube, Xzibit, RBX, Hittman etc. etc. Not to mention it might be the more common way to refer to it on the West coast.
Most importantly, back in the day when Suge & the leftovers from Death Row were dissing Dre & anybody on Aftermath, there was an alleged Hittman feat. Eminem & Knock Turn'al diss track going back at their direction & the title of it was The 'Math
Well I personally didn't use it to to look/feel more important or whatever, I just cut words when I talk or write to make it easier on myself or the others. I'm sorry it didn't work for you though.
Anyway...

...Dre, I see dead people
Yo Dre, thought I was dead... West Coast
I'm the doctor's advocate, n***a Dre shot cha
Brought me back from the dead, that's why they call him the Doctor
The Math gonna drop him and 50 ain't rockin
With him no more, It's okay, I get it poppin...
- The Game - One Blood

Laugh again! :laughing:
Keep coming though, I just love educating you.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby SliK » Mar 23rd, '13, 00:34

My point was simply that you sound like a moron, but now that you've educated me I'll amend my point to you sound like as big a moron as Game.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Blu » Mar 23rd, '13, 00:38

Man In The Mirror wrote:I don't get what all the Kendrick Lamar-hype comes from. He sucks. Still people praises him as the best lyricist and such. I really tried to listen to him and see what people are talking about. But, shit, he's really wack.

That's too bad for you.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Francesco » Mar 23rd, '13, 01:32

SliK wrote:My point was simply that you sound like a moron, but now that you've educated me I'll amend my point to you sound like as big a moron as Game.

You know... I love laughing at you... right? This time you're more desperate than the last time actually.
So back on point...
Really? What you wrote out there actually pretty obviously meant something totally different. I mean it's more than obvious, you just can't twist whatsoever!
Anyway, I guess the first time you said no one have ever heard anybody else saying this, but now you're saying you meant something else :laughing: So now you mean that was a metaphor that means everybody that has said The 'Math instead of Aftermath sounds like a moron. Do you mean everybody or just me & Game? I mean people have heard tens of legendary rappers saying it this way, are they morons too?
A moment of clarity...
Basically you looked bad right when you first addressed that... Then when I proved you wrong you looked like a jack ass & now after you came desperate & added more gibberish to it twisting it all around... you look totally desperate & ridiculous. It would have been better if you ignored it at the first place, or swallowed it after you were schooled but your stubbornness just won't let you look good for a change, will it?. :laughing:

I don't know why you're so obsessed with my posts... I mean honestly you make yourself look like a jack ass any other time. I mean it.
I don't mind it really, I could always have fun with you... but honestly you look desperate & ridiculous.
It's the same story every other time... You address my post with some ridiculous remark, I prove you wrong with facts & then you get sad & call me a moron. :laughing: Predictable too!
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Next

Return to Aftermath Entertainment