The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kendrick forbidden to take Lil Wayne's route of success

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Re: Kendrick forbidden to take Lil Wayne's route of success

Postby Francesco » Dec 1st, '13, 05:18

Like I said at the time... it didn't mean he won't do collaborations period. He's done quite a few since then anyway...
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby momentsgolden » Dec 1st, '13, 20:26

Very right. But his features now are having a greater impact because of their rarity. Imagine that him SINGING a hook on Forbidden Fruit had people checking that out.

Sidenote: TDE has a very tight grip on Kendrick and his business. Features, GQ article pullout, all the shows he does etc. Punch is VERY involved now. I don't know how healthy that is in the medium- long term
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Dec 2nd, '13, 02:27

momentsgolden wrote:Very right. But his features now are having a greater impact because of their rarity. Imagine that him SINGING a hook on Forbidden Fruit had people checking that out.

Sidenote: TDE has a very tight grip on Kendrick and his business. Features, GQ article pullout, all the shows he does etc. Punch is VERY involved now. I don't know how healthy that is in the medium- long term

I agree... all on point. :y: He definitely has to keep doing selected feats... he only has to avoid the weak ones.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Previous

Return to Aftermath Entertainment