The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Best Dr. Dre Album

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

The Chronic or 2001?

The Chronic
31%
69%

Total votes : 35

Re: Best Dr. Dre Album

Postby yoda you can call me » Sep 6th, '14, 19:18

Francesco wrote:
Yoda wrote:2001s production is just so....... :flutter: :flutter:
Haven't bumped it in ages. Must rectify that stupidity asap

I've been listening to some 90's West Coast shit for the last couple of days... Hip-Hop has changed a lot since then but lots of those songs/albums are still fucking banging.

Been There, Done That is hypnotizing.

Fo sho homie, there's loads of timelees classics from that era. Wasn't aware of Been There, Done That tbh breh (Dont know how though) Just listened to it, i totally agree with your sentiments. dopeeeeeeeeeee.
What did you think of the of the shit NWA put out when they reformed a good few year ago?. Hello and Chincheck are fucking awesome imo :worship:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Rafael » Sep 6th, '14, 19:44

The Chronic production >>>>>> 2001
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Francesco » Sep 7th, '14, 12:33

Yoda wrote:
Francesco wrote:
Yoda wrote:2001s production is just so....... :flutter: :flutter:
Haven't bumped it in ages. Must rectify that stupidity asap

I've been listening to some 90's West Coast shit for the last couple of days... Hip-Hop has changed a lot since then but lots of those songs/albums are still fucking banging.
Been There, Done That is hypnotizing.

Fo sho homie, there's loads of timelees classics from that era. Wasn't aware of Been There, Done That tbh breh (Dont know how though) Just listened to it, i totally agree with your sentiments. dopeeeeeeeeeee.
What did you think of the of the shit NWA put out when they reformed a good few year ago?. Hello and Chincheck are fucking awesome imo :worship:

Been There, Done That is a fucking gem... check out all the other records from Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath too homie.

Hello is a timeless classic indeed but it was a Cube record that just supposed to address N.W.A. legacy/status... I always loved it. It was so fucking great to hear Cube & Ren rapping together again alongside Dre on such crazy beat. Chin Check was pretty good as well & supposed to be the beginning of the new N.W.A. with Snoop in their roster & a new album actually supposed to follow up the Up In Smoke Tour but unfortunately it didn't work out.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby yoda you can call me » Sep 7th, '14, 21:35

Francesco wrote:
Been There, Done That is a fucking gem... check out all the other records from Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath too homie.

Hello is a timeless classic indeed but it was a Cube record that just supposed to address N.W.A. legacy/status... I always loved it. It was so fucking great to hear Cube & Ren rapping together again alongside Dre on such crazy beat. Chin Check was pretty good as well & supposed to be the beginning of the new N.W.A. with Snoop in their roster & a new album actually supposed to follow up the Up In Smoke Tour but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Yeah i'll definitely check that album out homie :y:
I love Dre's lyrics on Hello, "did i fall off?, got you ripping ever Chronic poster on your wall off". Dope fucking track all round. Chinchecks intro then the beat kick in is sraight fire.. Shame they didn't continue with that (like you said)
Could of had a classic album out of that.
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Sep 11th, '14, 13:05

Yoda wrote:
Francesco wrote:Been There, Done That is a fucking gem... check out all the other records from Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath too homie.

Yeah i'll definitely check that album out homie :y:
I love Dre's lyrics on Hello, "did i fall off?, got you ripping ever Chronic poster on your wall off". Dope fucking track all round. Chinchecks intro then the beat kick in is sraight fire.. Shame they didn't continue with that (like you said)
Could of had a classic album out of that.

True that... They even announced it during Up In Smoke but according to Dre even though the project was previously started they couldn't finish it 'cuz Cube got busy with his movie projects right after the tour.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Previous

Return to Aftermath Entertainment