The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bishop Lamont Says Detox Is No Where Near Completion

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

Bishop Lamont Says Detox Is No Where Near Completion

Postby Robbie G » Dec 20th, '08, 04:48

Q: Alright, so let’s talk Detox. Rumor has it you’re supposed to be the Snoop on the project or so your Wikipedia would have me believe. Then again, it also says you’re supposed to be the new Hittman, which might not be the ideal scenario for you.

A: That’s wikipedia for you. Bless y’all for giving me a Wikipedia page, I’ve never talked to the guys who made it, but God bless them. Hell, I didn’t even know I had a Wikipedia page. As for Detox, it’s been a long arduous task. It’s the unicorn of albums, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, at times you feel like you’re in a lake trying to catch the loch ness. I’ve got pictures of his fins, he’s come up from the water a couple times… What can I say really?

We got a lot of records, Dre isn’t satisfied with what he has and the direction. His thing is, where do I fit into the scheme of things. He’s 43 now, going to be 44 and it’s been eight or nine years waiting. It’s like waiting on another Guns N’ Roses album, Snoop is on the record. I’d love to be like Hittman, he was on more records than anyone else on Chronic 2001. My position in it is more on the writing side and getting my features. For me, my story doesn’t come from Detox, it comes from the Reformation. I’m on the basketball team doing what I gotta’ do.

Send a message via MSN to Wes_Belvy

Dec/19/08--Bishop Lamont Says Detox Is No Where Near Completion
Quote:
Q: Alright, so let’s talk Detox. Rumor has it you’re supposed to be the Snoop on the project or so your Wikipedia would have me believe. Then again, it also says you’re supposed to be the new Hittman, which might not be the ideal scenario for you.

A: That’s wikipedia for you. Bless y’all for giving me a Wikipedia page, I’ve never talked to the guys who made it, but God bless them. Hell, I didn’t even know I had a Wikipedia page. As for Detox, it’s been a long arduous task. It’s the unicorn of albums, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, at times you feel like you’re in a lake trying to catch the loch ness. I’ve got pictures of his fins, he’s come up from the water a couple times… What can I say really?

We got a lot of records, Dre isn’t satisfied with what he has and the direction. His thing is, where do I fit into the scheme of things. He’s 43 now, going to be 44 and it’s been eight or nine years waiting. It’s like waiting on another Guns N’ Roses album, Snoop is on the record. I’d love to be like Hittman, he was on more records than anyone else on Chronic 2001. My position in it is more on the writing side and getting my features. For me, my story doesn’t come from Detox, it comes from the Reformation. I’m on the basketball team doing what I gotta’ do.

As far as the album goes, its been a serious difficult. The more time passes, the higher expectations get, his gears shift to a higher degree. It’s almost self-defeating. He likes a record one day, he doesn’t the next. He wants to change his vocals, his words, the whole beat. Will it happen this year? I don’t think so.

Q: If it does see the light of day who can we expect to see on it?

A: Of course, the Doc. Focus, Nas…I can’t really say all the features, they want to keep that quiet…Kahlil from self scientific, a kid named Kobe who’s dope. Melman and Hittman came back, Slim the Mobsta, Earl Hayes, Eminem. Dre, Em and 50 recently went to Florida to work on their records and Em and 50 came back with records for their own albums but nothing for Detox. People are still waiting like its going to a 4th Quarter release but it’s nowhere near finished.

Q: Is it difficult to stay focused, having to work simultaneously on Detox and making sure your own album comes out the way you’d like?

A: I don’t think there’s any artist who can relate to my plight, writing a billion records for Dre and me. Imagine the burnout of trying to write the illest stuff you can write and brainstorm on relevant concepts, running back and forth from back studio to front studio, it’s been crazy.

I’ve been working on The Reformation since I was born—literally, I’ve been working on it for three years and it can become a burnout. I always look ahead; I’ve even done records for my second album The Impossible Possible.
http://itshiphop.blogspot.com/2008/1...-no-where.html

As far as the album goes, its been a serious difficult. The more time passes, the higher expectations get, his gears shift to a higher degree. It’s almost self-defeating. He likes a record one day, he doesn’t the next. He wants to change his vocals, his words, the whole beat. Will it happen this year? I don’t think so.

Q: If it does see the light of day who can we expect to see on it?

A: Of course, the Doc. Focus, Nas…I can’t really say all the features, they want to keep that quiet…Kahlil from self scientific, a kid named Kobe who’s dope. Melman and Hittman came back, Slim the Mobsta, Earl Hayes, Eminem. Dre, Em and 50 recently went to Florida to work on their records and Em and 50 came back with records for their own albums but nothing for Detox. People are still waiting like its going to a 4th Quarter release but it’s nowhere near finished.

Q: Is it difficult to stay focused, having to work simultaneously on Detox and making sure your own album comes out the way you’d like?

A: I don’t think there’s any artist who can relate to my plight, writing a billion records for Dre and me. Imagine the burnout of trying to write the illest stuff you can write and brainstorm on relevant concepts, running back and forth from back studio to front studio, it’s been crazy.

I’ve been working on The Reformation since I was born—literally, I’ve been working on it for three years and it can become a burnout. I always look ahead; I’ve even done records for my second album The Impossible Possible.
Robbie G
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Bishop Lamont Says Detox Is No Where Near Completion

Postby Brandon S » Dec 20th, '08, 04:56

This is really starting to piss me off. I know hes a perfectionist and all that, but how much better could he possibly make the album? i mean i think there comes a point where an album reaches a climax on how good it could be, and after almost a decade, i would think hes made the album as perfect as possible. I would be happy to see the album "4th quarter" of 2009, but i would be suprised if it even comes out then. Shit, i wonder if it will even come out now, all i know is if it does shit will be crazy
Brandon S
Soldier
Soldier

Postby James R. » Dec 20th, '08, 05:34

The only thing I can think of is that after all the time he's been waiting if anyone in the past 8 YEARS said anything that was relevant at the time it's no longer relevant so that calls for a lot of replacements and shit (I guess) but past that there's only one thing I have left to say about one of my heroes: Fuck Dre.
James R.
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Requiem » Dec 20th, '08, 05:58

great read, but the article repeats itself :unsure: lmao, nowhere near done. just slap on at least 2 songs that u did every year for the past 9 years. and u got urself an 18 track album. :p
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SayGoodbyeHollywood » Dec 20th, '08, 07:10

this doesnt surprise me lol
I never grew up I was born
Grown And Grew DOWN
SayGoodbyeHollywood
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brandon S » Dec 20th, '08, 07:43

James R. wrote:The only thing I can think of is that after all the time he's been waiting if anyone in the past 8 YEARS said anything that was relevant at the time it's no longer relevant so that calls for a lot of replacements and shit (I guess) but past that there's only one thing I have left to say about one of my heroes: Fuck Dre.

Dude dont be saying that shit, this dude has already provided us w/ sooo much great music. yeah its frustrating as fuck (see my last post on this article), but he wants it to be amazing, since it will be his last album and shit. i will probably lose hope on the album if it doesnt come out next year, but i would still love dre considering hes the reason we get 2 hear dudes like snoop, em, fiddy, etc
Brandon S
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Dec 20th, '08, 07:51

SayGoodbyeHollywood wrote:this doesnt surprise me lol
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Solace » Dec 20th, '08, 21:16

James R. wrote:Fuck Dre.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Ka0t1c » Dec 20th, '08, 21:35

you got this posted in the story twice

oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Slim Zaddy » Jan 9th, '09, 21:37

ohhh no i will jus pretend that i did'nt see this
z_em = Slim Zaddy = Zaid AQ which is my real name
Slim Zaddy
Role Model
Role Model

Postby DrRapid » Jan 9th, '09, 23:41

Now this is depressing...
"A coward dies 1000 deaths, a soldier dies but once."
R.I.P. Guru
DrRapid
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Th3 iMolateR » Jan 9th, '09, 23:48

Whatta surprise!
I can't feel my face, ya digg? :smoking:
Th3 iMolateR
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby iraqi4life » Jan 10th, '09, 00:03

will detox drop before bill gates gets broke?
iraqi4life
Soldier
Soldier

Postby neb121 » Jan 10th, '09, 05:11

I think people have givin up on waiting for detox. I know how hard it is and how much effort it is to put out an album. Mine has got pushed back for the past 2 yrs. But this has been like 6 years already waiting for this album. So I don't know what is going on with that. But he really needs to get it out because people are losing intrest.
http://www.myspace.com/bodaciousentertainment2006

im cantankerous when i step to the mic
mean streaked and eat emcees when i write
-Bodacious-

I will never put down the mic

neb121
Soldier
Soldier

Postby <Stiiccy> » Apr 22nd, '09, 17:13

seriously fuck dre...i dont even care about detox at this point
Sticcy Z