The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The biography of Dr. Dre - written by Ronin Ro

Stay up to date and discuss anything related to the Aftermath family here.

The biography of Dr. Dre - written by Ronin Ro

Postby Hiphopdane » May 5th, '10, 15:18

I just finished reading the biography of Dr. Dre written by the journalist Ronin Ro, and I gotta say that was a pretty damn good read. When I picked it up, I didn't expect too much of it, but Ronin has really done a lot of good research and made a really exciting book. You literally get to know everything about his upbringing, musical influences, the controversies(!), how he works in the studio, why the Rakim partnership messed up, the thoughts behind his music, the N.W.A success and how it influenced that time, the different signings he's made etc.

It's not a book that only speaks highly of him but also a book that let you decide what to think.

...and just for the record, It's written in a chronological way which makes it very accessible.

After reading it, I really knew how to appreciate the genius of arguably the most influential hip hop producer of all time.
"Historically speaking cause people be dissin', the first graffiti artists in the world were the Egyptians." - KRS-One

My blog: http://hiphopdane.blogspot.com/
Hiphopdane
Soldier
Soldier

Re: The biography of Dr. Dre - written by Ronin Ro

Postby MikeNUFC » May 5th, '10, 16:43

I always find biographies WAYY better than autobiographies. Just for the fact, you know theres gunna be way less bias, in the writing. That's why my favourite Em related book is by some British author (Dark Story Of Eminem) and not The Way I Am.

I'll check this out, sound an interesting read.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby dR3 » May 5th, '10, 19:26

I'll def. check this out.

Thanks!
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby embm » May 6th, '10, 00:04

cool :y:
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Tomega » May 9th, '10, 21:05

cool to 'review' it. You made me interested. I really like to know more about Dre so I can follow his footsteps lol
Tomega
Role Model
Role Model

Return to Aftermath Entertainment