The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

First time recording

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

First time recording

Postby Tomer666 » Oct 19th, '12, 11:19

Hey guys, well this is the first time ever that I record myself and I am probably not so good so please, any feedback is welcomed, I prefer that you'd tell me the truth and I'll use it to improve myself :)

Link: http://soundcloud.com/tomer666/hike
Tomer666
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: First time recording

Postby TripleNineThree » Oct 19th, '12, 13:43

Welcome to the Audio Stage! I will give you some feedback when I'm done with classes today!!
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TripleNineThree » Oct 20th, '12, 19:59

Sorry that's it's been awhile but here is some feed!

The beat - I'm not a big fan of the beat. It sounds really simply and not that high of quality. It's not hard hitting enough for me to enjoy it but it's alright.

Delivery - Your delivery is actually quite good considering this is your first song. A lot of people sound really bored the first time they rap but I can hear your emotion in the song.

Flow - This is something that comes with time and that you need to work on. Your flow is alright but there's quite a few places you get off beat and it just doesn't sound good to me. Your flow will get better as you keep making tracks.

Mixing - Mixing is usually what can make or break a track. Obviously your mixing isn't great since it's your first song. I'm guessing you simply recorded over the beat and mixed it down without messing with any EQs, Compressors, or Reverbs. What program do you use to record? Try experimenting with different things. The vocals on the track are too loud for the beat and your vocals also don't have that "full" feeling that you will get when you experiment with different things.

If you would like help mixing, shoot me a PM.

This is a decent track for your first time, keep working at it and don't get discouraged! :y:
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Oct 21st, '12, 00:40

Not bad at all for your first time man, I would definitely try to get a better beat, it really helps a lot more with the writing process than you would think, Definitely get Triple93 to help you out on mixing! I couldnt understand many of the lyrics because I have really crappy speakers on this computer, but on your flow try to focus on not speeding up or slowing down so much. Delivery seemed pretty good. Keep at it man!
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tomer666 » Oct 21st, '12, 16:45

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it so much. I'll take that criticism and record another one soon enough. :)
Tomer666
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Audio Stage