The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eedee ft. Mat Demaz & TripleNineThree - "All Gone" [Single]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: Eedee ft. Mat Demaz & TripleNineThree - "All Gone" [Sing

Postby TripleNineThree » Mar 6th, '13, 23:42

Thanks for the feed Willy. As far as the "tooth-sword" goes, it is a metaphor the book of Revelation uses. It's not a physical stand, it actually stands for Jesus speaking and by his Word, all of the evil on earth being destroyed. Here is the actual scripture.

"Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty." - Revelation 19:15

The wrath is being enacted on the evil in the world that causes death and suffering. So, yes, that is pretty "nice" of him.
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Willy » Mar 7th, '13, 00:19

Eedee wrote:The ant farm line was symbolism. The whole track is an atheist/religious view on the world ending. Sometimes it feels like we're as small as an ant farm, aka, the whole world is being manipulated/watched by some higher power, but we can't quite reach it ("no one I can call"). In the regard in which I was writing/conveying that symbolism, picking an ant farm to compare it to is spot on.

As for the storm being malicious, of course there's no malicious intent behind the storm, but in a human's eyes as their fucking house is being torn apart, yeah, it's gonna look malicious as if it has "no regard for human life". I like to have my lyrics have deeper meanings and use poetic elements, so you have to re-read/listen to get the full effect of what I'm saying. I disagree wholeheartedly with saying it's lazy writing.

Thanks for the feed though. :y:

If you were going for a metaphor about the world you shouldn't ask the listener if he feels small as an ant farm. It's unclear you meant that to be a metaphor for existence. As for your use of 'maliciously' ..it's whatever, not a fan of 'it was torn apart maliciously'. To me that sounds amateur. Again, not trying to piss anyone off but if you are already done progressing as an artist, then what's the point... ya know?

As for the tooth-sword thing Triple, yeah, I definitely wasn't familiar with the passage. However.. "A sword is coming from his teeth" is an interesting thing to say, and I don't think I'm at fault for the confusion. Also an interesting thing to note: I get the vibe that you're a good dude..but you come off as preachy with a splash of loony on this track. You say you only make music for yourself...but:

A robe splashed in blood yeah you will lose the fight
But before this actions done I pray you choose the Christ

If what you say is true then why put these lines in there? If what you say isn't true then realize this isn't helping your cause. It's offputting.. like, if I don't believe in christ then I'm going to get slashed with his tooth sword? Please, I'll yank out my left-incisor and shiv his ass.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TripleNineThree » Mar 7th, '13, 00:38

Lol....
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Mar 7th, '13, 00:40

No one said I was done progressing as an artist. Where did you get that assumption?
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Willy » Mar 7th, '13, 00:55

I wasn't saying you as in YOU specifically.. just you as in some dude working on their art.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Mar 7th, '13, 01:05

Well you need to specify, it's unclear what you meant. I don't think I'm at fault for the confusion.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Mar 7th, '13, 01:07

Lets just hug it out mane.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Willy » Mar 7th, '13, 01:07

Again, not trying to piss anyone off but if you are already done progressing as an artist, then what's the point... ya know?

Not trying to piss ANYONE off....would have been your first hint.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Mar 7th, '13, 01:11

Words and phrases have different interpretations, lol.

We can all take things differently. "Not trying to piss anyone off..." can be taken as "I'm not trying to piss you off *sarcastic passive aggressiveness* haha.

Anyway, thanks for the feed. I just wrote a full song and I took some of your advice. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Willy » Mar 7th, '13, 01:18

Fair enough :P I'm just giving the kind of feed I would want on my stuff. Glad to hear it Maine.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Mar 7th, '13, 01:19

Willy wrote:Fair enough :P I'm just giving the kind of feed I would want on my stuff. Glad to hear it Maine.

*Alaska :shifty:

And yeah. It all helps us grow as artists. I appreciate it. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Previous

Return to Audio Stage