The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kez - Unwelcome Back

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: Kez - Unwelcome Back

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 25th, '11, 03:36

:whistle:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Kez » Apr 25th, '11, 22:56

Big Ax-D wrote:FIRST OF ALL... dude, seriously, you have to organize your tapes better, you put the songs on itunes and theyre all over the place lol. and that does not help you at all beacuse it fucks up the continuity of your music, like you start to listen to Breathe instead of Comming home. you know?

It's funny you say that cause I actually made sure to number each track when you told me about this shit back with Anticlimax. So I dunno what happened there lol.

1.- Coming Home
well, can't say much on here cuz well, I produced this lol. But did you really fixed the volume? still sound very low. where did you recorded the album? some songs are PERFECTLY and BRILLIANTLY mixed, and some are just terribly mixed lol. :sweating: like this. I liked that you used that as the hook, I think it fitted great, but prolly you could've added an layover to give it a bit of more power. overall a great song tho'

Yeah about that, turns out I never saved the acapella for this because of how quickly I recorded it so I couldn't re-mix it. And the whole album was recorded in the same place with the same equipment from December to now, so I think differing quality is just something that is always gonna happen due to the microphone I have. Frankly quality isn't something I particularly bother about anymore to be honest. Yeah good quality would be nice but I don't lose any sleep over it. End of the day barely anyone is even really paying attention.

This beat was produced by Slave Bell, Mart 85, Atomic Beats dot com!......... :shakehead:
I'm gonna keep complaining about that man hahahaha. I dont like this song too much, I mean the beat is good, your flow is perfect, your lyrics are great but damn the combination doesnt fit eachother. like the beat with your lyrics. I dont know, thats what I think... however like all you managed to nail it haha. probably if the hook wasnt like that, sounds too... agh, lol. u know?

Yeah the tags are a bitch lol, I tried to find a version of this beat without any tags but as far as I know it doesn't exist. Besides that though I really havent had the time to go fishing around about this so I just like to ignore it. Hopefully on my next album it won't be an issue as we know haha.

I think I might aswell make a remix with this song, d.dubs, tom chamber's, vettori's, and everyone else that I've heard on this beat. SEE, thats the problem of using soundclick beats, you loose your uniqueness, the listener automatically compares it...

That's true but I didn't really have much choice lol. At Uni I wasn't in the kind of situation where I could afford to wait to have beats produced for me and write to them properly. Plus, this is like the first time i've ever actually done a song on this subject, something which the beat spawned, so I didn't really wanna discount it just because the beat's been used a lot.

now here I can tell you that by this point it kinda gets a little depressing man.

Man, you really hated uni, this is by far your saddest album.

Yeah lol you just said it yourself. This isn't a happy album. Like I say, I made this album to reflect on what half a year away from my hometown without being able to do music was like to me. Anyone who's thinking of listening to this and they expect half assed 16s about how good I am, you aint gonna find that here. And I get your point about the song structure, I was thinking back to Anticlimax the whole time I was making this album. The album starts off kind of upbeat if you notice, although still dark, which is related to my feelings when I came back from Uni for the first time; in my opinion it doesn't really get totally "depressing" until maybe Jagged Pill, but then Undecided is hopeful and When The Music Stops is, although familiar, just a song to show that despite it all it's never stopping. Tell Me Why and Breathe are indeed similiar, I noticed that when I was placing them together, but I thought it fit; Tell Me Why was gonna be the final track, but I think Breathe gives the impression, cause of it's length and the lyrics, that it's a final song forced out before the end, hence the fact it's still mainly just guitar, like all the beats have already gone. The final breath if you will. And I placed Foresight at the end for a rewinding kind of effect (I took OC's verse out because I felt this album worked better with just me; Out Of Reasons being the exception), like i'm restarting now that i'm back home. I'm not trying to claim i'm some artistic genius, but this album genuinely has a lot of thought put into it.

My point is that the album is very dark for a reason, that's something you can tell even from just looking at the cover. Stuff like Universal that I did was slightly more upbeat if you listen to it, cause I was in a different situation. But i'm always gonna make music based on where my life is, I just can't do fake brag kind of stuff lol, that bores me. And at the time I wrote most of the songs for this album, I was in a pissed off place. Tell Me Why was actually one of the first songs I wrote for it. That said, hopefully the next album will go in a different direction, providing my life does. And i'm not writing this to try and critique your feed, which I appreciate a thousand times, this is for those who are currently listening to it. By all means leave whatever feed you want, I appreciate any of it, negative or not, i'm just explaining the thought I put into the album.

Can't thank you enough for leavin feed though Ax, especially since I still aint fuckin done it for your album :facepalm I'll get to that now that i'm done with making this shit. Always love to hear your thoughts on my shit.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 26th, '11, 05:09

anytime bro :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I love listenin to ur shit, cant wait to work with you again in the near future :y:

btw, mind RTF?
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=112270
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Xray » Apr 26th, '11, 16:09

Sorry bro been busy but I'ma review this as soon as I can find a proper time to listen to it.

And can I just say one thing? What's up with this being in this section so early? I mean damn it JUST dropped. It makes no sense cause I thought this was meant to be a database kind of section... I'm sure Kez is fine with it but still, wouldn't you want to keep this where the eye can see it most? :unsure:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 27th, '11, 07:36

Xray wrote:And can I just say one thing? What's up with this being in this section so early? I mean damn it JUST dropped. It makes no sense cause I thought this was meant to be a database kind of section... I'm sure Kez is fine with it but still, wouldn't you want to keep this where the eye can see it most? :unsure:

yeah, lol, Im just waiting to hear what kez wants to do about it.. I can move it for him, but I dont know if he wants or not

FreeDom wrote:Coming Home - I actually think it would be dope if you 2 do a full project together now your at great levels.

Out Of Reasons - This is pretty much just a solid argument for my dream of a 2011 Ax/Kez Tape.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
thank you #basedgod :b:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Kez » Apr 27th, '11, 07:45

Big Ax-D wrote:
Xray wrote:And can I just say one thing? What's up with this being in this section so early? I mean damn it JUST dropped. It makes no sense cause I thought this was meant to be a database kind of section... I'm sure Kez is fine with it but still, wouldn't you want to keep this where the eye can see it most? :unsure:

yeah, lol, Im just waiting to hear what kez wants to do about it.. I can move it for him, but I dont know if he wants or not

Go ahead and move it, I only posted it here cause I thought it was where all tapes n shit were meant to go lol.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 27th, '11, 08:16

B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Vettori » Apr 29th, '11, 08:34

for some reason i cant get it >.<
hook me up with an undercover hulkshare source lol:D
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kez » Apr 29th, '11, 11:33

Stupid fuckin links lol, give me an hour ima update them

Updated with a Hulkshare link

Can't wait to hear ya thoughts Xray

FreeDoom wrote:I actually think it would be dope if you 2 do a full project together now your at great levels.

Well all I can say is watch this space :shifty:

Worth My Time - The hook is awful on this (No offence Mart) Beat is hot though but the hook needs to go. This doesn't seem your style though Kez, I mean you have put your signature style on it but the two just don't sound like they mesh very well.

Yeah I was just trying to vary it up a bit lol, cause I knew the latter half of the tape would be darker in feel.

Another fine example of how you should press up some cd's of your best work (Your prob sick of me saying it but i personally have the same faith in you as i did with Bar/Clarky/Cubz etc. and 2 of them have preformed live and made a fair buzz for themselves. DO IT!!!!

I'm trying man, there's just barely any hip hop audience around where I live, it's fuckin annoying.

I think this album could of done with a few more uplifting tracks but nothing wrong with placement.

I feel you lol but like I say I wanted to make the tape like this for specific reasons.

Thanks for the feed Killa, always appreciated. :worship:

@Ax, ima feed Adversity soon, I did listen to it already so I know what I wanna say
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby MikeNUFC » Apr 29th, '11, 15:53

Have listened all the way through, will give it a few more spins and give some proper feed. It was a really good listen, though.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Le Tunisien » May 2nd, '11, 00:44

downloading,will listen when finished...
and i love the covers ,ax is da man :8)
Le Tunisien
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kez » May 8th, '11, 03:02

Clarky wrote:
FreeDoom wrote:Undecided - Your back to consistency with the last few tracks, No different here. You really fucking deliver on this, This is def my fav track so far as im a sucker to beats that switch up especially with guitar work. Another fine example of how you should press up some cd's of your best work (Your prob sick of me saying it but i personally have the same faith in you as i did with Bar/Clarky/Cubz etc. and 2 of them have preformed live and made a fair buzz for themselves. DO IT!!!!
:

all 3 of us have mate, just in different ways.

will put this on the ipod kez and give it a proper few listens before feedback, wer abouts in uk u from?

Let's say Staffordshire, and if you don't know where that is i'll just say the Midlands

Appreciate that man can't wait to hear your thoughts
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » May 8th, '11, 05:27

downloading now :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby mdemaz » May 8th, '11, 06:32

Kez man...I fucking really love your work..You've become pretty infamous where I live when I play it at clubs..Everyone wants to hear that dude spit..
Anyway enough swag, the song is decent..Your flow is incredible..I'm not just saying that to ass kiss but it's true..I wouldn't lie bro.

You have serious talent and I advise you to get signed or start your own fucking label if you haven't already.
Too easy.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Kez » May 8th, '11, 06:57

mdemaz wrote:Kez man...I fucking really love your work..You've become pretty infamous where I live when I play it at clubs..Everyone wants to hear that dude spit..

Haha shit really? Damn, what exactly do you play em? This album? I'm intrigued

And thanks man I appreciate that. It's pretty strange to think that people overseas like my shit. I appreciate you checkin it :smoking:
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Stage