The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kez - Questions/Answers

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Kez - Questions/Answers

Postby Kez » Dec 16th, '11, 04:35

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=135263

Well it's been a while since I posted anything yeah. After I finished TMA2 I wasn't sure what to do, and this project ended up appearing out of pretty much nowhere. It's called Rise & Fall, and this and "Under Attack" are both from it. Aside from one track produced by Big Ax-D, this entire album is produced by RiseFromTheAshez, who has done a fuckin excellent job; even though he'll probably walk in this thread and talk down on his own beat. Ignore him. And even though it's completely original production, it's still going free.

The album deals with the human race, the meaning of life, death and what happens after. It's very deep. All that good shit. All that shit that a good 3/4 of you will never bother to listen to properly I am fully aware. But this album is probably the least self-focused of anything i've done besides TMA2. There's only a couple songs that are explicitly "about" me. I've tried to stay vague for most of them, to have them apply to a more wide range. Rather than it just being an album about me me me. And there are a lot more mentions of "we" and "us" in this album. There are no tracks about how good a rapper I am or any of that shit, it's very unique. I don't know where it's come from to be honest, this is just what i've been outputting.

This song is one of the first I wrote for the album, I was trying to go for a bit of a different style and I wanted to make a song that had a bit of a message, or a song that seemed like it was actually talking to someone. The song also serves well to describe what I basically say throughout the whole album; it's not stuff people want to hear. And that I have no answers, all I do in the album is lament the state of things while offering no real solution.

Be aware, this track isn't like most of the ones on this album. I know a lot of the albums I do a lot of it kind of depressing stuff about my life. But this is genuinely the exception on this album, and the reason I chose to post it is because i'm so proud of it. And it took me a long time to decide. Even writing this I have two others I am equally eager to show. A lot of them are loud, dark sounding, lively and darkly humorous. I wanted to do this one to add a bit of sincerity to things (this track arrives very close to the end of the album, and there's only one other song that is "deep" or "depressing" called "We Promised Not To Cry"), hence why the beat sounds kinda upbeat and rockish. It's longer than a good half of the songs on here.

As always, Ax handled the album art.

Watch it on Youtube here

I know you have questions, why'd it turn out this way?
I apologise, I don't know what else to say
All the anger you felt throughout this tape
Is the result of my years taking my doubts away
It's all clear now, feels like I can hear now
But despite that, I still need to get my fears out
Or else they're gonna eat me alive
I'm puzzled, slotting in and piecing the lies
Why, oh why, oh woe is me
Why won't you let go of me
Just let me die, i'll testify
But God had better show his reasons
For what i've been through, what i've done
Why I just hate everyone
And why I would like nothing more than
To just block out the fucking sun

[Bridge]
Ask the questions
Get your answers
But you won't like what you hear
Wasted days and
Second chances
Running out as we are growing
We are growing, we are growing old

[Hook]
So ask away, keep asking away
But you will not find any answers today
In my head (in my heart)
In my world (in my life)
Turning around waiting to feel that knife
I miss this, when life was more than just a wishlist
And a ticking clock full of ailing symptoms
And I know you wanna know the answers
But you should know by now that you won't find them here

My life burned 'round me, I despise it
And from the ashes of that, I am what is rising
Just a kid trying to figure out what life is
But there's no-one to ask who won't tell me lies, so
I don't know what to believe, I just wanna leave
When I leave this world I know that very few are gonna grieve
But something's stopping me, oh the hypocrisy
It's fear that keeps my hands off the shotgun, see
And i'd leave this world if it wasn't for
All the people I hate, there is nothing more
I was never destined to be something that you would adore
That's why I draw joy from your hatred and fucking scorn
Ask me no questions i'll tell you no lies
The answers i'm forced to repeat I don't like
When you request them I beg you don't cry
This is how it is, and I don't know why

[Bridge]

[Hook]

So what will I do when I reach the end?
All the enemies and friends
Will all join into one, when I find my lungs
Won't let me draw my final breath
Morality, mortality
That's what everyone's telling me
Cause in the end, there's no escaping
No escaping, no escaping death
So I rage and I roar, I can't take anymore
But there is no running or escaping the scorn
Fuck praising the Lord, cause in the end
None of my problems will be made into yours
You're born alone, you die alone
Some men maybe cry alone
But I find that there's no tears left to cry
When you've just been left to die

[Bridge]

[Hook]
Last edited by Kez on Dec 16th, '11, 05:09, edited 2 times in total.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Kez - Questions/Answers

Postby mdemaz » Dec 16th, '11, 04:49

Oh man, I'm expecting this to be good.
(Clicks play.)

Rise delivers as usual..
Ight man, you got the same good flow as always, hook is a bit sloppy..
2nd verse had a lot more energy.
Same with the 3rd.

Man, I'm in love with your accent, lol..
I was brought up watching English television and shit and I'm really comfortable with it.

Anyway, good track..
Hook could of been a lot better..
Maybe try some bass vocal layering and compression and cram voices in there to sound more fresh.

:y:
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Dec 16th, '11, 04:55

I dissagree a bit with mdemaz

hook is perfect. really perfect, I think bridge and hook actually might go the other way around, but I do like the way its done. It is catchy, it is perfectly written, and you do a lot of switch flows which is new for you: needless to say, u killed it.

Probably straight into my top 10 tracks from you, this is a wonderful piece.

my favourite verse was verse 3, also, you had no mixing issues on this track which is good, so major props on that :worship: :worship: :worship:

I exited for this album :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby mdemaz » Dec 16th, '11, 05:09

:S
I guess it takes more listens to really like the hook..I just felt it was out of tone a little bit..
That's all.
:b:
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Kez » Dec 16th, '11, 05:11

Yeah Demaz you got a point, hook could probably be made so much better with proper technical tweaking. And it probably is out of tone, i'm no proper singer haha. I'm not personally that bothered by it, but I see your point. Many of the hooks on the album aren't sung with a particular melody in mind so you might enjoy those more. Cheers for replying so speedily and takin the time to listen. Ax same to you, as always. :worship:
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Dec 16th, '11, 05:19

I'm more concerned with the rapping really..I couldn't care less about hooks.
I think rap music is about rapping and not singing.

The technical thing about each song is basically how you present yourself on the track in terms of delivery and speech and also how you string words into each step of the bar..Singing is really just a filler and something many dumb people only care about.

Anyway I'm done, just wanted to clear that up..I probably should of said this in the first post but w/e.
:laughing:

Fuck I love this forum, I've learned soo much.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Rollimeo » Dec 16th, '11, 06:34

man I love this track on my first listen, I can't wait to hear the rest of the tape

I love everything about this song, The beat is great. The bridge + hook are perfect. The verses are great man, this has definitely hyped me up for the Tape :b:
Rollimeo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Willy » Dec 16th, '11, 13:26

This is dope man, I like it. Let me vibe on the track for a little bit and I'll see if I can come up with any useful criticisms. But, my initial impression is :y:

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solace » Dec 16th, '11, 13:33

Excited for this LP, definitely. This is a dope track. I did feel the same as Demaz about the bridge. Also it was more like a pre-chorus since it was before each and every chorus, or it might as well been apart of the chorus lol. Your flow is pretty fucking smooth throughout it, really enjoyable to listen to. The beat is crazy dope, word to RFTA. I like the concept, it's well written, well performed. I liked the outro as you performed the last chorus. To critique other than the bridge singing, the overlays were a bit sloppy and off around
I was never destined to be something that you would adore
That's why I draw joy from your hatred and fucking scorn

And that's all. Good job Kezzler.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Xray » Dec 16th, '11, 16:00

I see you chose a different single, which is good for me cause I haven't heard this. :smoking:

This was chilling as fuck. Liked how layed back it sounds. The beat fits perfect and your vocals compliment them. Vintage Kez, right hurr. Can't really say much about this track, everything was done great, so no complaints from me. Flow was nice, bridge and hook was kez tryna be on some shakira shit. :laughing: Nah playing man, I liked the singing, it fit. This is single worthy and a great track. :b:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Scrubz » Dec 16th, '11, 18:26

Cant wait to hear it! I am in the same situation, New album should drop early next year. :b: :b: :b: to the underground!
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Dec 17th, '11, 02:41

Aww hell yeah.

Your flow was phenomenal and just meshed SO well over a great Ashez beat (props to him!) Had a few good multis in there, but nothing to stand out other than solid rhyming throughout. Delivery on the chorus does need a few tweaks but I felt you had the concept down well, execution on it just needs a few adjustments, but it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of this track. :y: Good drop, Kez.

Care to feed me back on my 2nd single from my upcoming EP? :) Thanks dude. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=135770
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby B.A.D. » Dec 17th, '11, 12:24

seriously, you are going to give me a hard time tryng to get you to top this on your actual album hahaha, this is too good :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Xray » Dec 20th, '11, 15:26

Bumping this for my manz Kezick.
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Phantom » Dec 21st, '11, 10:04

beat is very nice, love it. i dont dislike the accent, its just very hard to get used to. im sure im the 1st one to tell you that lol. anyways, flow and lyrics are pretty nice, emotion is good. chorus singing needs a little work. the line with "i was never something for you to adore" i really liked. not bad man.
Phantom
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Audio Stage