The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

AhdduB - One Last PSA

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

AhdduB - One Last PSA

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 6th, '12, 20:32

LOF: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=151206

what do ya think? loll

https://soundcloud.com/ahddub/one-last-psa

again, fuck writing the lyrics out, thats a step backwards foreal
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Re: AhdduB - One Last PSA

Postby TripleNineThree » Dec 7th, '12, 07:42

Thanks for the feed on my track man!

I like the way it starts. It has an old school type feeling to it which I enjoy and your talking works good on the intro. The beat comes in pretty sick with a lot of energy and I think you match it. What you need some practice doing is your mixing. I can't understand some of the lyrics because the track isn't mixed the best. Your delivery and flow is really good though. You don't have a monotone voice and your delivery is quite interesting. I like the way you talk in the middle of it, it works good and I like your voice when you're talking.

Solid track, keep it up bro!
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 7th, '12, 08:04

ahhhhhh, hahaha yo foreal is that mixing really holding me back? i mean we've all heard of ppl recording songs in their mop closet and getting numbers on youtube - they have just as shitty a mic as i do. i always assumed a mic is a mic and it would pick everything up regardless... i'm just not sure what the mixing does aside from the obvious making the vocals louder, wetter and meshing it into the beat... idk, is it in the mixing that can cover all that..."amatuer-ness" for lack of a better word? i'm asking, cuz ur stuff doesn't seem to have that problem. i can tell when something is mixed BADLY, but i can't tell if a song is mixed good, decent, or great yk what i mean? loll. i use Pro Tools. if you have any pointers, they'd be greatly appreciated

and i'm glad you liked the song
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Willy » Dec 7th, '12, 11:02

Pretty dope, I like your voice and you know how to write, but definitely turn your vocals up. I had the same problem as TripleNineThree.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 7th, '12, 17:01

thanks man, yea i will def work on that mixing
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TripleNineThree » Dec 7th, '12, 17:27

There's actually A LOT that goes into mixing and making a track sound professional. I don't use ProTools, I use an $80 program called Mixcraft which would really well in my opinion and based off of the feedback I've gotten from others - it makes my tracks sound very professional. I don't have a great mic - I record with a $200 mic and use a $100 pre-amp; nothing spectacular.

I actually posted a thread on mixing and getting your vocals to sound better, you can check it out here! - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=147184

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to mixing music which is why that's the main thing I'm able to give feed on in someone else's track

Also, if you want, you can send me your vocals as an acapella file and your instrumental as a separate file and I'll show you the difference mixing makes, my email is tripleninethree@gmail.com
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 7th, '12, 17:57

dude i don't doubt you, so hell yea man, only problem is that it is Finals Week here at my university, but i will squeeze in a second to record a bullshit freestyle or something loll. i'll def send you the tracks by the end of today.

i looked at ur thread, ima dl that mixcraft free version and try fucking with it.
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 8th, '12, 01:21

@tripleninethree and WilyMo, could yall point out where i slur my words? it would really help me out
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 313Relapse » Dec 8th, '12, 06:31

Thanks for the feed on my other song man, your voice is sounding better and as always i have nothing bad to say about your lyrics. You definitely have your own unique delivery the only thing that might need some work is the fact that you almost slur/stumble over certain words but i think it might just be your voice, either way it's barely noticeable. Overall good track, keep up the good work
Throw you in the middle of the Ocean in a Blizzard with JAWS

Now get off my dick, dick's too short of a word for my dick
Get off my antidisestablishmentarianism you prick!
313Relapse
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 8th, '12, 07:24

thanks man, i appreciate the listen. could u listen one more time and tell me which parts i stumble at? you could give me the surrounding words/phrases or even better the actual time on the track. if its not too much trouble, it would really help me out
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Dlovetv » Dec 9th, '12, 19:56

I think the vocals need to be louder, especially when you rap over another artists beat, especially a popular beat, helps the audience pay attention to you rather than hear the JayZ lyrics in his head, as I'm doing now...
I can tell the vocal quality is good..just needs to be louder.

Your next song just started playing...your delivery sounds very sarcastic in both, If its supposed to be angry, GET FUCKING ANGRY..lol, if they are both to sound like that then my apologies.

check out my verse when u get a chance
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=151577
Dlovetv
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Ticalrecords » Dec 9th, '12, 20:30

nah bruh, i'm not an angry person loll. but thanks for teh feedback
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Audio Stage