The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rebel Alliance

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Rebel Alliance

Postby Slim Fiasco » Dec 27th, '12, 10:03

Hey guys, I've made this song with a friend from Canada. I'm not really sharing this for the audio part but rather for the video. As you may notice, the song refers to Stars Wars in plenty of ways, and I've made the lyrics video like that as well. I spent a lot of time on rotoscoping and making Big L as a Star Wars Force Spirit (his voice is sampled for the chorus so that's why he's included). I'm interested if you'll like how the effect turned out. I made the beat as well, though I'm not very experienced with producing. It samples a Britney song but I think it turned out very Hip-Hopish, lol. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=446NGUNefc0

LOF - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=152074&p=2073807#p2073807

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Rebel Alliance

Postby classthe_king » Dec 27th, '12, 18:54

The samples seem out of place and don't really go with the flow of the song, plus they sound kind of off beat.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Slim Fiasco » Dec 27th, '12, 21:45

classthe_king wrote:The samples seem out of place and don't really go with the flow of the song, plus they sound kind of off beat.

I added them when I made the beat, but the subject matter went into another direction when the actual song got made. As for the timing, I think they're fine but thanks for the input regardless.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby classthe_king » Dec 27th, '12, 22:04

It's not really the subject matter, you just had the verse, then an awkward pause, then the first sample, then another awkward pause and then the second sample. Then you just go right into the other verse. It feels incomplete. You have nothing bringing things together and it causes a real lack of cohesiveness.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 27th, '12, 22:12

Yeah, in the beginning of the song, that first Big L sample was more or less on time, the second one was lagging, I think. Then the Wu-Tang sample in the beginning of the verse is sort of disruptive. Maybe it just lasts a bar too long, or something, but it seems to throw it off.

The beat itself isn't too bad though, other than that. Then the video is pretty good too.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Slim Fiasco » Dec 27th, '12, 22:22

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's appreciated! Honestly, I thought/still think everything is fine with the structure but it's good to hear different opinions, and it can help me for the future.

Edit: Maybe it'd be better if there was some scratching included, but I don't know how to do that, otherwise I would have.

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Audio Stage