The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

eXceL- Next Level Freestyle

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

eXceL- Next Level Freestyle

Postby eXceL » Apr 12th, '13, 01:58

Feedback Link viewtopic.php?f=38&t=156158&p=2158322#p2158322

Hey guys my name is eXceL and I am a rapper/singer/producer from a group called Freshset, im relatively new on here but ive been doing music since 2005 ish, let me know what you think about this verse, its over a track that you all should be familiar with, any feedback would be appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/excel-7/next-level-freestyle

Headaches like brain quakes when rain makes me fall/ I claim hate, miss take few for what they are/ i mean/ who coulda figured a nigga bigger like richer dinners/ when I'm still feelin like turtles disciplined by splinter/ sewer bound, so sound is somewhat underground/ was never found, so fuck who they was lookin for/ I'm cookin more, till they explore my excess/ skill and reckless raw rhymes like bed sex/ like headsets/ I be all up in ya ears/ and here's to where you would decide that you'd care to/ invest up in this lyrical jest/ cuz the kid is on point like the middle of a breast/ back like Hess/ to gas these sets/ with athlete strength/ with math defense/ so the numbers make sense/ and even if they dont I would pass the pretest/ like a pee test/ one of the best that's left
eXceL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: eXceL- Next Level Freestyle

Postby Strictt Ame » Apr 16th, '13, 19:46

pretty dope, not gonna slam the quality since its a freestyle..flow was solid, content was on point..some of the metas were played out but overall a nice drop..interesting writing style, but it works for you so keep it up
My Music
@InkredableAme
Strictt Ame
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby eXceL » Apr 16th, '13, 20:25

thanks for the feedback man, i really appreciate your time. what do you mean by writing style? the way i physically wrote the words, or the way i rhyme them ?
eXceL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Strictt Ame » Apr 16th, '13, 21:25

paragraph form instead of traditional line form, not too many people write like that anymore..used to be everybody wrote that way
My Music
@InkredableAme
Strictt Ame
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Slim Fiasco » Apr 16th, '13, 21:33

AWesome stuff man, I loved that.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Spyder » Apr 16th, '13, 22:50

sounds real nice man, flow and delivery was great. id like to hear an actual track from ya
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby eXceL » Apr 17th, '13, 05:44

Strictt Ame wrote:paragraph form instead of traditional line form, not too many people write like that anymore..used to be everybody wrote that way

oh ok i see what ur saying, I never really thought to write in what i call poetic form, it takes up more space imo, maybe i should try it out, might give a different thought process.

to everyone else, thanks for your time and feedback, i definitely appreciate it :worship:
eXceL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Audio Stage