The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

My new song - "The letter"

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

My new song - "The letter"

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 16th, '13, 11:06

uploaded this just now, its the sequel to runaway love and recorded with my new studio set up. Please have a listen and give feedback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nMKgMCumYU

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=155545&p=2161587#p2161587
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: My new song - "The letter"

Postby SoldierShady » Apr 16th, '13, 13:22

Wack. :shifty:
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 16th, '13, 21:44

yea not really the word i would use to describe it
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Strictt Ame » Apr 16th, '13, 22:25

The lyrics and message behind it are good, cant go against that, but quality wise just wasnt feelin it, sounded monotone to me, vocals lacked some depth..but it was straight for what it is
My Music
@InkredableAme
Strictt Ame
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby metsfan1121 » Apr 17th, '13, 01:00

Great story no doubt. The lyrics were solid but a little more flow and beat might've helped (although you may be able to rap it really nice acapella). I loved the rock bottom line and the guardian/regarding him rhyme. The only thing I thought that really needed to be changed is the monotone voice. Might've sounded better with some more emphasis.
metsfan1121
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 17th, '13, 05:07

yea, i kept my voice really at the one tone because i didnt wanna kill the song emphasising everything.. i wanted to do it with a soft but angry feel but also like i was talking it.. its hard to describe what i was getting at but i recorded this song over and over with lots of different ways of delivering it but i felt most happy with this one as the song is not only a rap, it's meant to be someones suicide letter.. hard to desribe but i yea i just decided to go with the monotoned voice idea lol.

thanks for feeling the lyrics though :)
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Eedee » Apr 18th, '13, 00:53

I really liked the voice you used, it captured the emotion of someone about to kill themselves. Kinda numb at the world at that point and just wants it over with; like writing the letter is a waste of time but a necessary thing.

I've already told you I really love this song. Glad I could help you with it. That new mic is doing wonders.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Mr.DGAF » Apr 18th, '13, 12:53

These lyrics are so dope dude. Honesty. Wow. The delivery wasn't a problem for me; it would've been cool to hear it with some anger or something but I think the way you delivered it was fine.

Only problem for me was flow. You stretch a lot of words to fit the bar and sometimes there's these awkward pauses and then you have to speed through the end of the bar. Kinda weird haha. But everything else was really cool dude. I liked this track very much aside from the aforementioned gripe.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby FxTDilz » Apr 18th, '13, 14:11

Mr.DGAF wrote:These lyrics are so dope dude. Honesty. Wow. The delivery wasn't a problem for me; it would've been cool to hear it with some anger or something but I think the way you delivered it was fine.

Only problem for me was flow. You stretch a lot of words to fit the bar and sometimes there's these awkward pauses and then you have to speed through the end of the bar. Kinda weird haha. But everything else was really cool dude. I liked this track very much aside from the aforementioned gripe.

Thank you for your feedback and giving my song a listen bro. haha, my lyrics a lot of the time is what im known for. I've been writing lyrics for the last 3 years but only this year really i've started writing to beats so im still a newbie and all these songs and mistakes in the songs are just learning for me at the moment. but if this is how far i've come in a few months, i'd love to see where i am in a few more lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Audio Stage