The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Take Root [Mixtape]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Take Root [Mixtape]

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 14th, '13, 01:13

Well folks, I know I haven't been active lately and there's a good reason why. School work has been tough, but more importantly, I've been putting a lot of work into a collaborative EP that my friend and I are gonna release. We finished a week ago, and I've been testing the waters to see what people thought about it before posting it here. But here you guys go. The following Mixtape chronicles my friend (Dimes( and I's development through high school and onward. I did the front cover, Eedee did the back. Speaking of Eedee, a very special thanks to him for mixing it and giving me the inspiration to do this.

Sidenote, the quality is shitty because we still don't have a great mic. But I worked really hard on my delivery for this. The tracks are recorded basically in chronological order over the course of about 3 or 4 months so I hope the growth is apparent.

Mixtape link: http://eedee.bandcamp.com/album/take-root-ep

Feedback: http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=156577

Thanks to anybody who listens man, it's greatly appreciated.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Re: Take Root [Mixtape]

Postby Eedee » May 14th, '13, 01:24

Glad you put this up. Quality isn't the best but you got some raw ass lyricism here.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Spyder » May 14th, '13, 22:43

sick fuckin cover, will give this a listen

Edit: listened, will go off some tracks in particular

Ready for War, you felt uncomfortable. the flow didnt really feel as natural as it does with other tracks on here. your delivery was a bit underwhelming with this type of track, you used the same emphasis on this one that you did on your emotional tracks, it should feel more angry for this brand of song.

Picture frame the one with eedee i think was the title. eedee had a nice hook, felt the anger without going over board, that was nice. DGAF your flow was better on this and the delivery you used felt better. it was the same delivery you stay using, but it actually worked on this track lol. lyrics and everything else was fine here. dimes seems good, flow was off at some points and he seems to maybe have a southern twang in his voice? idk maybe its just me.

the third song i cant remember the name, but the flow was alot better on this one, kept pace and timing with the beat. nothing too much to say on this one. ill edit it in with the correct title soon.-Over and Over

in all, your flow is there, just needs some touching up. really your main problem is quality. gotta work better with mixing, and or buy a better mic. after that, i suggest coming up with a rap name if your gonna do this semi-often. DGAF works as a username but not really as a rap name lol

keep at it
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 14th, '13, 23:00

Word, thanks for the listening man. I just got a slightly better mic, and yeah I'm working on delivery man. That's a big thing for me, I'm trying to find that balance but its tough. Trying to get that angry sound in my parents basement is tough sometimes haha.

But thanks a lot for the in depth feed man, it's greatly appreciated.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby FxTDilz » May 18th, '13, 01:23

I've listened to nearly the whole mixtape and like I've said my favourite songs are Picture frame, Eedee's hook is awesome and you killed the verses. and i like growing from the bottom. I think sometimes you could use some better rhyming and delivery could be stronger sometimes
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 18th, '13, 01:35

I agree about delivery mane. I'll work on that for sure. :y:
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » May 19th, '13, 23:24

bigray wrote:Who did the hook here? "Growing From The Bottom (BONUS)" I think the beat was dope as hell.

I just listened to 2 songs I can't listen to the full EP right now but I will as soon as I can, I have a hockey game right now so I hope you understand.

DGAF did that whole song, dawg. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby mdemaz » May 26th, '13, 11:32

Dimes is a good addition to the Eemaz family.

He's got that hybrid voice that separates him from the sheep.
The same goes for DGAF.

Overall, people can really appreciate this tape for what it is if they look past the poor quality.

The lyricism is actually scary.
I would go as far as saying that it's almost on-par with most underground acts today.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Return to Audio Stage