The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ROM - Think You Know

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

ROM - Think You Know

Postby yung rom » May 25th, '13, 19:47

LF: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=160300#p2196350
New song: https://soundcloud.com/theofficialrom/think-you-know

Listen with headphones plz.

Ok, before everyone gets upset about me yelling and trying to much to sound like Em, keep in mind that I'm working on a concept album, and the point of it is to stress progression through adolescence. So naturally, in the beginning I'm trying to paint a sort of "raw emotion" picture, which is why I yell through most of it, however, still trying to display emotion. As the album progresses, I become more and more self aware, yada yada yada. Eminem was not the first rapper to yell a verse, and he will certainly not be the last.

Thank you to everyone who left criticism and suggestions on my last two posts, I've worked on compressing the vocals a bit more and adding rhyming tracks + additional tracks (in this I had two yells, one norm, one whisper, and one "melodic" flow as I call it). Then on the bridge I just had like a million. Considering I still have to deal with Garageband, it was pretty hard to mix them throughout the song, so I kind of just tried to keep everything at a normal level. At some times the vocal seem to get a bit louder but it's not too noticeable (I think).

Thanks!
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Re: ROM - Think You Know

Postby mdemaz » May 26th, '13, 11:07

Wow.

I was expecting this to be horrible, but, I was surprised.
You got a interesting voice.
Workable.
Maybe experiment and try a different vocal delivery and see if it sounds good.

You should EQ and boost the bass of the vocals if you plan on recording with the same microphone.
Maybe even consider purchasing a condenser microphone later on once you get your shit together.

Keep it up, homie.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Return to Audio Stage