The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NightLife: Diary of an Insomniac

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

NightLife: Diary of an Insomniac

Postby Spyder » May 27th, '13, 06:19

http://spydermusic.bandcamp.com/

1.Nothings Changed (prod. risefromtheashez)
2.Feel This Pain (redhooknoodles)
3.Put You on Game
4.Cutting Trees (redhooknoodles)
5.Winding Road ft Big Ax-D (lifeanddeath)
6.Building Blocks (redhooknoodles)
7.Limitless

thanks to Ax-D for the feature, Rise and LifeandDeath for the beats.
thanks again to Stephen Garvey,

please leave your thoughts and feedback
:b:

LOF
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: NightLife: Diary of an Insomniac

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 27th, '13, 18:58

Ill try and give this a listen tonight man :y:
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby SG. » May 27th, '13, 20:50

Nothing's Changed - OH MY GOD, I remember having this beat once. I ended up not using it, but it's still dope, good job Rise. Spidey, you seem a little off-beat at first, but I found the flow and it became pretty dope.

Feel This Pain - Is that an Ellie Goulding sample? Me likey. The talking interlude was a little too quiet and subdued, but I liked the song overall.

Put You On Game - I like your voice on this, it's got a nice snarl to it. Unfortunately, I love the original and I don't think anyone could really do a better job than Lupe. You gave a good try though, that's just me.

Cutting Trees - La la la… I love this beat. You're a little off-beat on this one too. The layered chorus doesn't really work, it's too loud and fumbled to me. That said, I feel like the third verse was when you finally felt comfortable in your own skin and went for it.

Winding Road - This sounds like such an Ax-D beat, did you get it from him? You two really fit together in a strange way. I think Ax-D's hook was a bit too put-on though, I like him when he's a little less layered.

Building Blocks - Sounds like some indie shit, I'm down with this. You seem like you don't know where the rhythm is on this, so your flow doesn't really work. Your hook is pretty good on this though. What the fuck is the whole "let me see your face" thing about though? It's random as fuck.

Limitless - Don't try to impersonate scratches. DON'T. It sounded horrible. You flowed really well over this beat though, despite it being a pretty bad remake. Your verse is too short though, I feel like you could've really went off on this one.

Overall comments - I feel like your delivery could use a little more work, some of your lines had stunted endings. Also, I feel you should make your voice louder in the final mix, sometimes it was difficult to hear. Your beat selection is on point (even though you didn't pick any of mine, I'm not bitter). Your lyrics are dope, which has always been a strong point of yours.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 27th, '13, 21:06

Feeding as I listen.

Nothing's changed
Wow this fucking beat. Wow. I can tell already we had similar beat references haha. Anyways, your flow is a bit iffy on this one. Sometimes you end a line too quickly, sometimes too late. In general it's a good start, not great but solid.

Feel This Pain
This is sick. I really like this song. Beat again is quite nice. Your third verse is really, really good. You really hit the flow perfectly at points on this verse, and your lyrics are quite nice. Sometimes your off flow again, but these little mishaps aren't gigantic. It sounds like something easily correctable.

Put You on Game
This was an impressive song delivery wise. You matched the style of the beat well. Not much to say on this one. Sometimes the flow is off, but again, nothing huge.

Cutting Trees
The lyrics are sick on this. I actually liked the layered chorus on this. I felt the lyrics hard on this dude, props.

Winding Road
Love this fucking beat. Your delivery is actually pretty good on this and the flow is, in general, pretty good. I loved the chorus too haha, shouts to Ax.

Building Block
I love this song, my second favorite behind the second track. Good flow on this and the beat is eargasmic. Damn. This was a solid ass song man.

Limitless
Best flowing track on the tape. Seriously, your flow here is so good. A marked improvement from almost everything on the mixtape. The beat is iffy because its not a great remake haha, but still your best verse in terms of delivery.

Overall thoughts on the tape: your delivery is improving, and the beats on this are impressive. Your flow is the only thing that needs real improvement man, you're getting there. I could bump this though, that second track will be listened to again for sure. Lyrics are sick on most all these songs.

If you're ever down for a collab I'm in, got a new mic recently so quality should be a decent amount better too haha.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Spyder » May 28th, '13, 01:59

Thanks for checking this guys, glad u guys found the flow on Limitless nice cause that was the latest written/recorded so I guess that shows I'm still improving track to track.

@SG, ya man I would never do that as well as Lupe haha, that was written for a CW competition.
And the Royce remake was just a little snippet as an outro to the album. But maybe I'll extend it.

Also Winding Road beat was done by LifeandDeath, who was/is a member on here.

Glad some tracks may get multiple listens from you guys, that's dope.

And DGAF ya man I'm down for a collab
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Spyder » May 29th, '13, 04:22

Anybody else :(
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » May 29th, '13, 07:11

I'm gonna try and download this soon, Spyder. I don't really have the means to I don't think. This iPod touch, man haha
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Francesco » May 30th, '13, 11:07

Mr.DGAF wrote:Feeding as I listen.

Nothing's changed
Wow this fucking beat. Wow. I can tell already we had similar beat references haha. Anyways, your flow is a bit iffy on this one. Sometimes you end a line too quickly, sometimes too late. In general it's a good start, not great but solid.

Feel This Pain
This is sick. I really like this song. Beat again is quite nice. Your third verse is really, really good. You really hit the flow perfectly at points on this verse, and your lyrics are quite nice. Sometimes your off flow again, but these little mishaps aren't gigantic. It sounds like something easily correctable.

Put You on Game
This was an impressive song delivery wise. You matched the style of the beat well. Not much to say on this one. Sometimes the flow is off, but again, nothing huge.

Cutting Trees
The lyrics are sick on this. I actually liked the layered chorus on this. I felt the lyrics hard on this dude, props.

Winding Road
Love this fucking beat. Your delivery is actually pretty good on this and the flow is, in general, pretty good. I loved the chorus too haha, shouts to Ax.

Building Block
I love this song, my second favorite behind the second track. Good flow on this and the beat is eargasmic. Damn. This was a solid ass song man.

Limitless
Best flowing track on the tape. Seriously, your flow here is so good. A marked improvement from almost everything on the mixtape. The beat is iffy because its not a great remake haha, but still your best verse in terms of delivery.

Overall thoughts on the tape: your delivery is improving, and the beats on this are impressive. Your flow is the only thing that needs real improvement man, you're getting there. I could bump this though, that second track will be listened to again for sure. Lyrics are sick on most all these songs.

If you're ever down for a collab I'm in, got a new mic recently so quality should be a decent amount better too haha.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Eedee » Jun 1st, '13, 05:56

1.Nothings Changed (prod. risefromtheashez)
- I used this Rise beat on my album last year lol, so dope. Anyway, lyrics are good but your flow is choppy and awkward on this. DGAF explained it perfectly.

2.Feel This Pain (redhooknoodles)
- LOL, I have a song written to this beat. Just haven't recorded it yet. If I drop it, don't think I'm stealing beats from ya dawg. We have similar taste. :y: I liked this song a lot, dude, however that "feel this painnnn" thing was a bit... cringe worthy. Other than that, :smoking: #EllieSample

3.Put You on Game
- Flow on this was weird as hell, I can tell you ran out of breath because you didn't pace yourself flow-wise or didn't punch in. The first two lines were too long. Beat was simple as hell too, but it worked with the subject matter.

4.Cutting Trees (redhooknoodles)
- see DGAF's feed

5.Winding Road ft Big Ax-D (lifeanddeath)
- Dope. Loving the beat and the hook. Feels like everyone went in on this.

6.Building Blocks (redhooknoodles)
- Not bad. Solid song. Flow slips a bit but delivery was pretty good.

7.Limitless
- This beat comes in hard haha, holy shit. Dope lyrics and shit, but flow was off. You elongate words and shit to fit the snares. Felt it could've been better.

-------------------------------------

So basically, this is a nice tape. Delivery has gotten better, you seem more confident but your flow is still your biggest weakness.

And as DGAF said, I'm down for a collab sometime if you ever want. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Spyder » Jun 1st, '13, 16:25

Word man. Thanks for the feed, only thing I gotta disagree on is Put You On Game.
Its a remix of a Lupe track, and is basically an exact replica of the flow
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » Jun 1st, '13, 16:28

Ah, I don't listen to Lupe so I didn't know lol
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop