The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eedee: Remix Tape Vol. 1 [Mixtape]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: Eedee: Remix Tape Vol. 1 [Mixtape]

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 10th, '13, 11:09

Chur bro another nice tape from you, happy to be apart of it.

Bonfire:
I remember when you sent me the demo to this song and i loved it straight away. favourite part of the song is the ending, the closing line is dope.

Mosters in my head:
Loved this one before we even started working on it lol. Not the biggest fan of the "grab a cloth, throw it over my head because I'm ghost now" line, only part i wasn't feeling. yet i still rap along to it haha. Guess I'll get used to it. Love the mixing, the entry into the song sounds nice and the effects throughout it.

Lighters:
Your verse was fucking nice, and can feel the same vibe as when listening to the original. Idk why people are complaining about keeping their same style.. it's how a remix works most the time. Like Jon Connors whole Em tribute mixtape holds the replica em flow for pretty much every song? Liked the line mentioning me lol. Mat on the other hand was quite hard to understand, he did what im famous for doing which is cramming to many words into bars lol.

Echo:
Some of the bars on this song felt a bit rushed, delivery was nice and same with the flow. "we're so hot that we feel cold when we walk into the fire" nice simple awesome line haha. DGAF had a nice flow and lyrics were definitely there.

Homecoming:
Probably the only song on the tape I don't like that much. I hate the beat for this song.. and it sounds a bit loud compared to your voice. Idk I just think you should've done another verse for this haha.

The Other Side:
Love your verse in this song, and flow and delivery. Your dope as fuck on this song but the beat doesn't do it justice. This song would've been way better over another beat.

Heartbeat:
The concept for this song is awesome. Probably my favourite on the tape. The way we both start verses slow and then hit the fast bits sounds dope and the hook is nice. Just don't really like the dubstep sounding bit haha

Nice tape bro and really shows how flexible you are with music.. Flows, concepts, beats.. It's awesome bro. And I understand why you tried to keep the same flows as the original songs, cus these are remixes. Like Jon Connor when doing is tribute to Em mixtape kept a replica flow for most of the originals on it? But yea nice work bro
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Eedee » Jun 10th, '13, 11:16

Haha thanks. If anything, this was just me getting used to the studio set-up down here and experimenting with flows and shit. No biggie if people don't like it. I'm not too fussed, it's a mixtape anyway. But I'm glad you liked it!

:y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby MistaVijilantee » Jun 16th, '13, 09:49

01. Bonfire

Shit bangs. Your voice really compliment the beats and I'd definitely play this driving around aside from a few corny punchlines, that "Microwave" line really drags the song down. I actually think this a perfect way to begin the tape. 8.5/10

02. Monsters In My Head ft. Dilz

Some of the one liners were effective others weren't. For example, the rhyming with the whole "Saw blades in this inferno, homie just ask Dante" and then you rhymed something else with "Inferno" a few bars later really took away from the potential impact it could have. Still a good verse tho, I really like the vibe of this one. Dilz verse was pretty good but it sounds like he says "Nigga", lol, and his diction isn't always clear. 8/10

03. Lighters ft. Mat Demaz

I know you prolly get tired of the Eminem comparisons but your verse sounds similar too something he would spit, not just because of your voice, but some of the lyrics and the delivery. I don't think you were putting on a fake "mad voice" in fact it's no different too Eminem's screaming style but it could've been even more aggressive. Demaz' aggression was fucking great but he sounded really breathy throughout, which didn't really help yet some of the adlibs really worked. 7/10

04. Echo ft. Mr. DGAF

One of your better verses on here, both in terms of lyricism but your delivery really meshes with the beat. Again, in the whole Eminem yelling thing actually kinda works for you. Also, I'm not to keen on DGAF's voice bu the choppy sort of style was good. 7/10

05. Homecoming

Great. 9/10

06. The Other Side

The beat overpowers your voice and the lyrics are kinda mundane but it isn't a bad song, but it's one of the lower points, mainly because of the beat, which is something that rappers have too be cautious of. 6/10

07. Heartbeat ft. Dilz

Great way to finish the tape, it was emotional yet riotous but I didn't really like Dilz verse, the beat wasn't a good choice for his flow but it wasn't awful. Just didn't feel right. I also felt like his lyrics were too similar to yours, it felt like he was biting a bit. 8/10

Overall: I'd like too see more diversity in terms of concepts but a very good mixtape. You murked some of those beats and others were a bit meh, but this project was quite solid.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Jun 16th, '13, 11:31

Sweet feed, bro!

For his Heartbeat verse sounding like mine, that's the whole concept of the song. We're talking the same bitch blowing us off for another guy. We're both the other guy. But we don't know. Hence the play on the pictures on the phone and shit.

Other than that, thanks a lot! I'm definitely going to play around with original beats (Demaz and I are making some for my solo album) and I'll experiment with different shit to try and hit home. Cheers!!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby MistaVijilantee » Jul 11th, '13, 05:21

I did a gig last night and they were looking for some music too play between acts, so I gave them my memory stick
I got this tape played several times throughout the night.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Jul 11th, '13, 07:23

MistaVijilantee wrote:I did a gig last night and they were looking for some music too play between acts, so I gave them my memory stick
I got this tape played several times throughout the night.

:worship:

That's awesome!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Previous

Return to Audio Stage