The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eedee: Remix Tape Vol. 1 [Mixtape]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Eedee: Remix Tape Vol. 1 [Mixtape]

Postby Eedee » Jun 7th, '13, 13:01

LoF

(Cover credit: Spyder)

01. Bonfire
02. Monsters In My Head ft. Dilz
03. Lighters ft. Mat Demaz
04. Echo ft. Mr. DGAF
05. Homecoming
06. The Other Side
07. Heartbeat ft. Dilz

Bandcamp Link (Stream and DL free)

Hope you guys enjoy it. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Re: Eedee: Remix Tape Vol. 1 [Mixtape]

Postby Atone » Jun 7th, '13, 15:43

Downloading
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Eedee » Jun 7th, '13, 15:44

Awesome, thanks dawg!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby TripleNineThree » Jun 7th, '13, 17:25

Dang... You've improved so much! I don't really have anything to knock. I haven't made it through the entire tape yet, I'm at Lighters but if it keeps going the way it is, the rest is also great. Your delivery, lyrics, and flow are all dope. Demaz' mixing is crazy good!!!!!

DOOOPPEEEE :y: :y: :y: :y:
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CanadaPure » Jun 7th, '13, 22:16

Bonfire - Your delivery felt forced through the whole thing, and some of the lines were kinda cheesy. The audio quality was great (which is a trend though the whole mix-tape). Wasn't feeling it.

Monsters in My Head - Enjoyed it. You and Dilz both did a pretty good. Dilz vocal felt a little bit quiet to me, but the beat was simple enough that he didn't get drowned out too bad. You vocals sounded good.

Lighters - I didn't mind your verse, the anger sounded pretty fake on it though. Demaz sounded like he was choking on his words though-out the whole thing and sounded fake-angry too. The fact that I can't stand the Lighters instrumental probably didn't help. My least favorite song on the tape.

Echo - You were pretty good on Echo, you voice and the beat went together nicely and you rode it well. I didn't enjoy DGAF's verse for some reason, it felt like he was falling behind the beat a bit.

Homecoming - I enjoyed Homecoming. It's the same situation as Echo where your voice and the beat are paired together well.

The Other Side - Your verse was pretty good, but I felt like the beat didn't suit you at all. I felt like it overpowered you a little bit. Still enjoyable to listen to.

Heartbeat - Didn't really enjoy it that much. It felt pretty cheesy for me, but that could just be me. Like the line "really sexual self pic" made me cringe, and the flow wasn't really my thing.

You've done better, but there' still some highlights on the mix-tape. Overall not my favorite thing I've ever heard from you, but it's not bad for a tape of remixes.

I like you better on original production.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Trimss » Jun 7th, '13, 22:27

1. Bonfire:

I didn't mind this one though the rhyming felt somewhat forced at times and there were some corny punches (CG influence?)

2. Monsters in my Head:

I don't have a lot to say about this track, it was good. Dilz's mixing wasn't all great though, like you can hear his breath ultra hard but it wasn't all bad.

3. Lighters:

Now this is where it gets a little cornier.. First of all, I don't understand why you would rap on this beat. It's a pretty stupid one.
This is where your forced mad voice comes back again. It doesn't sound natural. The lyrics weren't bad.
Demaz sounds legit hungry on this even though it feels like his breath control isn't all that great, it seems like he's not finishing his words nahmean?

4. Echo:

I liked this one. You had a good verse and I felt like your voice complimented the beat really well. Good job.
DGAF's flow sounded pretty sick but I don't think it fits this beat. His mixing isn't all great either but that's not really important.

5. Homecoming:

Ehh.. I didn't like this one. I feel like your voice didn't suit the beat, your vocals sound overpowered by it. Maybe if your voice had a lower pitch it would have sounded better.
The lyrics were good man, I digged the delivery except this part: "And that's my story, ight?"

6. The Other Side:

I felt like the beat was a bit too loud, but it might be my headphones. This was my favorite. Enough said. Your voice was sick on this one.

7. Heartbeat:

I liked your flow, especially during the end of your verse however it was pretty corny. "Damn that bone" lol but it wasn't bad.
I didn't like the beat but I liked Dilz's verse too.

Overall I'd say it was a solid effort. I thought you sounded better on the beat you produced, and I'd say you should stop listening to Gambino for a while because his corny punches reflect in your music.

Good effort.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 8th, '13, 00:52

Geno wrote:
Monsters In My Head ft. Dilz

Liked the beat and vibe of this one. It's a solid track. Wasn't feeling your friend though.

How come you weren't into my verse?
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby B.A.D. » Jun 8th, '13, 01:59

I'll definitively give this a listen today
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 8th, '13, 04:39

Haha the beat came with Ems lines already in it, worked with what I had. And yeah quality stillimproving haha, wanted to switch the flow up but appreciate the feed on that, always trying to perfect a new flow.

As for the tape itself, you know what I think pimp.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Spyder » Jun 8th, '13, 05:46

gonna feed this when i get a sec
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » Jun 8th, '13, 06:01

Thanks for listening and I appreciate the feed! :y:

As for the content of the songs, it's a remix tape after all, so I tried to model the content after the original songs. Hence the punchline-type shit for Bonfire, corny-uplifting shit for Lighters, etc. I was remixing it in a homage type of way, I guess. And yeah, a collection of songs lol, that's why it's a mixtape.

And as for the whole The Other Side shit, we had a hard time finding good instrumentals with hooks so we just kinda improvised haha

Thanks again. :b:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Francesco » Jun 9th, '13, 14:49

I'll check & feed that later... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Eedee » Jun 9th, '13, 21:36

Cheers! :b:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 10th, '13, 11:09

Chur bro another nice tape from you, happy to be apart of it.

Bonfire:
I remember when you sent me the demo to this song and i loved it straight away. favourite part of the song is the ending, the closing line is dope.

Mosters in my head:
Loved this one before we even started working on it lol. Not the biggest fan of the "grab a cloth, throw it over my head because I'm ghost now" line, only part i wasn't feeling. yet i still rap along to it haha. Guess I'll get used to it. Love the mixing, the entry into the song sounds nice and the effects throughout it.

Lighters:
Your verse was fucking nice, and can feel the same vibe as when listening to the original. Idk why people are complaining about keeping their same style.. it's how a remix works most the time. Like Jon Connors whole Em tribute mixtape holds the replica em flow for pretty much every song? Liked the line mentioning me lol. Mat on the other hand was quite hard to understand, he did what im famous for doing which is cramming to many words into bars lol.

Echo:
Some of the bars on this song felt a bit rushed, delivery was nice and same with the flow. "we're so hot that we feel cold when we walk into the fire" nice simple awesome line haha. DGAF had a nice flow and lyrics were definitely there.

Homecoming:
Probably the only song on the tape I don't like that much. I hate the beat for this song.. and it sounds a bit loud compared to your voice. Idk I just think you should've done another verse for this haha.

The Other Side:
Love your verse in this song, and flow and delivery. Your dope as fuck on this song but the beat doesn't do it justice. This song would've been way better over another beat.

Heartbeat:
The concept for this song is awesome. Probably my favourite on the tape. The way we both start verses slow and then hit the fast bits sounds dope and the hook is nice. Just don't really like the dubstep sounding bit haha

Nice tape bro and really shows how flexible you are with music.. Flows, concepts, beats.. It's awesome bro. And I understand why you tried to keep the same flows as the original songs, cus these are remixes. Like Jon Connor when doing is tribute to Em mixtape kept a replica flow for most of the originals on it? But yea nice work bro
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Eedee » Jun 10th, '13, 11:16

Haha thanks. If anything, this was just me getting used to the studio set-up down here and experimenting with flows and shit. No biggie if people don't like it. I'm not too fussed, it's a mixtape anyway. But I'm glad you liked it!

:y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Next

Return to Audio Stage