The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dilz - Better Days To Come [Mixtape]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Dilz - Better Days To Come [Mixtape]

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 10th, '13, 11:21

Here's my first mixtape, finally finished!! lol. I've been working on this all year and had a lot of set back as I've recorded a lot of the songs on different mics until finally I got myself a decent set up. There's also been other setbacks but that don't matter lol. What matters is it's finished. Shout out to Eedee and Mat for jumping on the tape, doing the mixing and just other bits and pieces lol.

Please have a listen, download if you like and give some feedback on the songs?

http://dilzmusic.bandcamp.com/album/better-days-to-come

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=161023
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Dilz - Better Days To Come [Mixtape]

Postby Eedee » Jun 10th, '13, 11:33

Dope. Downloaded already and will give this a few listens all the way through then I'll give you some feed. :y:

Keep Your Head Up
I love how the mixtape starts off. The beat just sets the mood for the entire tape. Nice lyrics and message. (This goes for every song, so excuse me for not saying that for each song. I know this is a positive-message tape and you pulled it off well. Good job) - Delivery is dope on this one too. One thing that's wrong is my fault... the fucking adlibs mess up at times. My bad.

Not Over You
I know people don't like her voice but personally I think it sounds nice on this song. Oh well. *shrug* lol - Anyway, nice song. Love the emotion on it. I connected with it becase, well, yeah. Haha. :y:

On The Edge ft. Demaz & Eedee
Yeah, I can tell you recorded this one the earliest; your flow is all over. Lyrics are great though, just the flow is off. No worries, you've improved a lot since this song was made anyway. Fuck, I hate my verse. Oh well. Demaz nailed the hook. Real talk.

Runaway Love
Triple mixed this well. Lovin' it. Basically all I can say. :y:

The Letter
To everyone who didn't like the delivery on this (I think there was comments on FB or something), um... did you even listen to the song? It's about a girl about to kill herself. She's obviously numb. Perfect way to deliver this song. Love the desolate feeling in the lyrics and voice. The beat is dope as hell too.

Memory Lives On
Hella personal song. Great job and a great salute to your Uncle Shane. Not much else to say other than this needed to be made.

Heal The Wounds
Your girlfriend can sing, dude. She needs more confidence, but I can tell she has a nice voice. I liked this song a lot. Definitely one of the best ones on the tape.

Question to the World
Great message, dude. That's pretty much all to it. Great flow in the first verse. You rode this beat well.

Feelings
I know the feeling haha :sweating: Hook was a bit redundant and repetitive but yeah. I'll chalk that up to feelings we feel over and over ;) Good song.

Shooting for the Stars ft. Demaz & Eedee
I love the vibe of this song. Your verses are nice and sets the tone going into the hook. Demaz did a nice hook too. I did so many takes of my verse... holy shit. I was trying to find a balance between calm and hungry, maybe I found it. Oh well. I'm happy with it.

The One For Me
This is a semi-corny/sweet song haha. I think you could've gone more sing-songy on the hook, but that's just me. Had some nice lines and metaphors in there. Not bad. Not bad at all. I like the happy tone in this one.

Better Days To Come
Title track!! Haha. Yep, this was all good, aye? Hehe. But yeah, great song. Great way to end the shit. :y:

----------

A really solid tape, dude. I love the message and topics you covered. You have a firm grasp on topics/concepts/lyrics. The only thing I could knock is you kinda sound the same on the majority of the songs. You should try to expand your delivery and intonation. Obviously there are exceptions like The Letter, but for the most part, your delivery felt the same. No worries. You'll get there. :b:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby itsmichaelcook » Jun 11th, '13, 13:26

checked your youtube last night and am only getting round to giving feedback, i love your approach to it, aware and fun to listen to, didn't really get bored and a lot of tracks have reply value! as i said before though the mixing process could be refined but that comes in experience as it's unique to each artist! keep up the good work dude! let me know what you think of mine!
itsmichaelcook
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 12th, '13, 05:02

Eedee wrote:Dope. Downloaded already and will give this a few listens all the way through then I'll give you some feed. :y:

Keep Your Head Up
I love how the mixtape starts off. The beat just sets the mood for the entire tape. Nice lyrics and message. (This goes for every song, so excuse me for not saying that for each song. I know this is a positive-message tape and you pulled it off well. Good job) - Delivery is dope on this one too. One thing that's wrong is my fault... the fucking adlibs mess up at times. My bad.

Not Over You
I know people don't like her voice but personally I think it sounds nice on this song. Oh well. *shrug* lol - Anyway, nice song. Love the emotion on it. I connected with it becase, well, yeah. Haha. :y:

On The Edge ft. Demaz & Eedee
Yeah, I can tell you recorded this one the earliest; your flow is all over. Lyrics are great though, just the flow is off. No worries, you've improved a lot since this song was made anyway. Fuck, I hate my verse. Oh well. Demaz nailed the hook. Real talk.

Runaway Love
Triple mixed this well. Lovin' it. Basically all I can say. :y:

The Letter
To everyone who didn't like the delivery on this (I think there was comments on FB or something), um... did you even listen to the song? It's about a girl about to kill herself. She's obviously numb. Perfect way to deliver this song. Love the desolate feeling in the lyrics and voice. The beat is dope as hell too.

Memory Lives On
Hella personal song. Great job and a great salute to your Uncle Shane. Not much else to say other than this needed to be made.

Heal The Wounds
Your girlfriend can sing, dude. She needs more confidence, but I can tell she has a nice voice. I liked this song a lot. Definitely one of the best ones on the tape.

Question to the World
Great message, dude. That's pretty much all to it. Great flow in the first verse. You rode this beat well.

Feelings
I know the feeling haha :sweating: Hook was a bit redundant and repetitive but yeah. I'll chalk that up to feelings we feel over and over ;) Good song.

Shooting for the Stars ft. Demaz & Eedee
I love the vibe of this song. Your verses are nice and sets the tone going into the hook. Demaz did a nice hook too. I did so many takes of my verse... holy shit. I was trying to find a balance between calm and hungry, maybe I found it. Oh well. I'm happy with it.

The One For Me
This is a semi-corny/sweet song haha. I think you could've gone more sing-songy on the hook, but that's just me. Had some nice lines and metaphors in there. Not bad. Not bad at all. I like the happy tone in this one.

Better Days To Come
Title track!! Haha. Yep, this was all good, aye? Hehe. But yeah, great song. Great way to end the shit. :y:

----------

A really solid tape, dude. I love the message and topics you covered. You have a firm grasp on topics/concepts/lyrics. The only thing I could knock is you kinda sound the same on the majority of the songs. You should try to expand your delivery and intonation. Obviously there are exceptions like The Letter, but for the most part, your delivery felt the same. No worries. You'll get there. :b:

Thanks for the feedback bro. and yea I'm still learning delivery lol. If you remember my first songs I've improved a shit load from them haha. But yup I agree I have to broaden my range of deliveries lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 15th, '13, 00:29

holy shit man. FEEDBACK PLEASE!?
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 15th, '13, 06:20

I gotcha man. Gimme till the end of the weekend.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 15th, '13, 07:33

Mr.DGAF wrote:I gotcha man. Gimme till the end of the weekend.

Thanks bro! lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 20th, '13, 11:30

still waiting DGAF lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 20th, '13, 16:01

Haha I promise I didn't forget. I've been on vacation, haven't had a lot of time.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Atone » Jun 20th, '13, 20:07

Gonna check this out today and post the link on my pages/twitter for ya
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 23rd, '13, 06:33

Keep Your Head Up
This was dope mane. Your flow has stepped up massively since I last listened to your stuff. So it's cool you're clearly working on stuff you've received critique on. Not much to say on this one man, really good song.

Not Over You
Hmmm. I gotta be honest, I wasn't feeling the singing. But again, your verses are sick. You're a really good writer man, there's no denying that. Just not a huge fan of the singing.

On the Edge
Flow is iffy, mat killed this hook though. From what Eedee said this was an early cut? If so it makes sense, i can hear the difference in your delivery and flow on other songs. Eedee I didn't mind your verse dude. You're always so hard on your shit haha.

Runaway Love
Oh my god! I loved this original song man. You did a good job on the concept. Sometimes you rushed area lines, there was a part in the hook that sounded a bit crammed. But your lyrics are dope dude.

The Letter
I don't know if your delivery was intentionally so empty but it works so perfectly on this song. This is my favorite song so far dude, the beat is bare and your lyrics fucking sent me in a trance. Also, nice continuation with the Stephanie bit.

Memory Lives On
Personal man. Props on this, I know it's tough to deliver shit like this. A dope tribute for sure. Flow was nice ad delivery and all but the clear shining element here is your lyricism and execution.

Heal The Wounds
Flow is nearly perfect on this song. Really fuckin good stuff man. The hook was good, I can tell the girl (can sing), she just needs a bit more confidence and control in her voice. This was dope though, one of the most complete songs on the tape.

Question to the World
Really good message man. That's a huge strongpoint for you. You do a really good job on the messages and concepts on this tape. I like the empty feeling of the hook too. Good mixing on dat.

Feelings
Hmm. I feel like I've heard this beat (the past is the past (Eedee)). Different take on it though so it's good. I like this man. Good inspirational track I bet a lot of people up and coming can relate to. I like the hook too. Flow on the third verse is a bit off and on though

Shooting for the Stars
Love the opening line. Beats good too. Damn mat. This hook is catchy as shit. Eedee this verses delivery is awesome. You did a good job of balancing the hunger and calmness that you were aiming for. I like it. The mixing on that hook is awesome too.

The One for Me
I agree on the sing song style for the hook. I don't find it too corny man. A good song for sure. Okay maybe a little corny haha.

Better Days to Come
I really like this song man. Might be my favorite on the tape. Hooks really dope. I think I heard this one on your Facebook page but regardless it's dope bro!

Overall, this was really impressive. Only thing I'd say is to try and broaden your sound. Some songs are really similar in sound as flow/delivery. That'll come in time man. You're doing a great job though, this tape is really good dude.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Jun 23rd, '13, 07:42

DGAF, change your name. You obviously gave a fuck about this tape.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 26th, '13, 06:55

Eedee wrote:DGAF, change your name. You obviously gave a fuck about this tape.

Hahaha that's it. I have to change it ASAP rocky.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby FxTDilz » Jun 27th, '13, 03:13

hahaha Eedee that was an awesome comment lol. and shot DGAF awesome feedback happy you liked it, im changing my style up a bit now that the soft tapes out the way but thanks for having a listen
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Audio Stage