The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

B.A.D. - THE LAST KING [album]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: B.A.D. - THE LAST KING [album]

Postby B.A.D. » Jul 22nd, '13, 10:20

sorry bro

For production I use MIDI Keyboard and FL Studio, but I record my own drum samples and special effects. Even sometimes my own instruments. The mixing of the voice is done on a very old Cool Edit Pro 2. Version and the Final mastering is done with plug-ins. Separately or on FL Studio depends where I can open them, mostly compressors and Equalizers.

Thanks a lot bro, I appreciate the thoughts and good vibe!! :)
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Jul 31st, '13, 18:13

Foella wrote:Thanks for the help in this question, I too consider, that the easier, the better …

youre welcome :y: I guess...
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Eedee » Aug 2nd, '13, 09:12

What type of MIDI do you use? I'm thinking about getting a MASCHINE.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Kez » Aug 6th, '13, 18:38

Okay, here we go, two months or so late but whatever, I been busy these days unfortunately. I'm not going to compliment your lyrics on each individual song, it will be pointless. You know how to write lyrics, you don't need to be told that.

The Last King:
This is just atmospheric as fuck. Perfect opening song. The flow is so smooth, it works fantastic on this song as an opening statement. Nothing gets ego across better than just sliding along beats you created yourself. And I love the little touches you stuck in the background, like the pitch shift on the "I" and the little choir thing in the background and the "h-h-h-hold up." The production is brilliant, really. You have come so far. Stuff like that is just so hard to make happen and some people might not realise how hard it is to actually pull up and how much it adds.

Let it Burn:
I expected something else from the title, so I was pleasantly surprised. This is great. My favourite way to do these kind of songs. Absolutely fantastic. I just don't have anything bad to say, quite honestly. My favourite bit of the song is the bit after the second chorus with your little bridge thing. Fantastic. And the song opens perfectly as well with the narrative. And I envy the way you can just make your music a bit more catchy, little touches like the "uh huh uh huh uh huh" add a surprising amount.

Get Away:
This is the only verse I gave you on this album that i'm still truly proud of. This is a great song. I still know my verse could be a hell of a lot better in many ways, but considering the tight timeframe I was under i'm still satisfied with it. It's testament to the quality of your verses that it inspired that out of me during a pretty dry period.

Looking Right:
Love the singing on the chorus, that's great. My favourite part of this song. This is one of the songs I just thought was "good", but didn't really get into it that much because of the subject.

Something Crazy:
The beat is great for the track idea, but I think the title is kinda uninventive because it seems a bit obvious. And unfortunately the song basically lives up to that by just being "crazy shit." The background production on the chorus is fantastic though. Unfortunately I couldn't really get massively into this song either because it just seems like the "token crazy track", I mean you make every song interesting to listen to with the way you describe stuff and your voice and flow is entertaining to listen to, but being a pedantic cunt, I have to give this kind of feed or this would just be 18 sentences of "good shit man." The production at the end after the last chorus again I loved. Your production is just fantastic really.

OK (feat. Hybrid Purity):
Oh well. I like the low tones on the beat, though at the very beginning it sounds very odd, but you built around it and made it so that it didn't end up being irritating to me like I thought it would be. Hook gets a thumbs up as well. Most of the content of this song is just kinda egotism again, which is good, I just don't have much to comment on with it. Hybrid's voice sounds very clear, though could sound a bit more energetic in comparison to you. He still sounds pretty much exactly the same as the last thing I remember hearing from him. Love when the beat breaks down after the second hook, little shit like that is what saves these songs being boring to me honestly at times. Plus it emphasises that this is your album and you are the main focus. Should probably have got him to say some stuff for the end too so it sounds like he's more involved though.

Relax:
Already commented on this I believe in your thread, but I may not have and i could be remembering that wrong, so: it's okay. Not really a huge fan of this one. Just not my thing.

Symphony in A Minor:
These are my favourite tracks by you. Piano, deep, storytelling. You do it so well and I always vibe to it without even thinking about it. I got nothing bad to say about this.

The Circus (feat. Tom Chambers):
I like that you didn't go all cliche and open this with straight-up obvious circus music. You ride this beat awesomely in terms of flow. The reason why machines turn human, aah, stuff like that is what I love about your albums ever since you picked this theme up. But at the same time, i'm glad this is your last album on this theme because it will eventually get old to some if you carry on. Hook is a nice change from the singing that you do on almost every song, I mean I personally think you sing fantastic hooks but it's good to have a bit of variation. Chambers has a great verse here, fantastic storytelling, and the laidback tone of voice that makes it all sound like a joke fits well. Admittedly it is pretty personal of a verse compared to Ax's verse, but it does fit the "life is a circus" thing, so I can't complain about that. His flow matches yours well as well, which is no easy feat. Didn't slip at all. The gap you left in the hook though maybe he should have added something in reply to beef it out, like "yeah, this is crazy man"; I don't wanna assume things but I get the feeling that maybe this was your idea but you couldn't get it recorded in time. I could be wrong though. A great song, perfect for the middle placement.

The Royal Treatment:
That kinda doesn't sound like you at first in the very beginning. The middle of the second verse is my favourite part of this song. But.. ehh. Couldn't seem to much get into this one as much as some of the others.

Psychopath Desire:
I fear from the title that this is another "crazy killer" song just put here for variation, I hope I will be proven wrong. Flow starts off awesome, great to listen to. Punishment for my psychiatrist, ahh that's a good line. Hook is beefy as fuck, real fucking nice. Probably my favourite sung hook I heard so far. Love the reference to "Relax," not enough people do that kind of thing. I love how you make your voice go up and down like on around 2:05, that's really not easy to do naturally and it adds a lot. In general just love how you play with your voice in this second verse, it's entertaining as fuck. And on the third verse when the beat goes quieter, contributes a lot to it as well. Shit. I enjoyed this track more than I thought I would actually, fair admittance.

Drive Slow:
Just wasn't that into this unfortunately. Dunno what it is.

My Sinful Nature:
The hook fits well. "This isn't me anymore, but I kinda like it." This is a fantastic song to just sit and smoke to to be honest, if I still smoked weed. But I can't say I got really excited with it. But it's great to just chill to for some reason, probably the beat.

Get You:
Commented on this song already too I believe. The thing i'm still really into with this song that stayed in my head is, of course, the hook.

Whispering (feat. Kez & Redzek):
Honestly I don't really think my verse on this song is up to standard really. Pretty meh. Redzek can't lie, honestly it's still a bit hard to understand you at times and your voice sounded like it was trying too hard on this beat. Meh. I'm not hyped over this song, probably hard for me to get into it since i'm dissapointed in my verse so I tend not to listen to it.

Time Flies:
Love the hard pounding on this production. Honestly when I saw Interlude I thought it was gonna be a Skit, then I saw "5 minutes" and was surprised. I dunno if this really needed to be called an "Interlude." Though I guess I take that back a little when you changed it halfway through. I like these songs from you but I just never know how to feed them. Because there's not much I can say past "I enjoy them" when everything is this constructed and experienced.

MWAII:
Again, same as Whispering, my hook on this is pretty awful. Your verses are great but I already told you all that when you sent it to me to record it, so we know that already. I feel I could have done a lot lot better than this, but meh. The talking at the ending served it's purpose well though.

Chivalry:
I was excited to hear this song from the title and remembering the past closing songs you've done. They are always a treat. And this song didn't disappoint. "A man of God won't press rewind" is my favourite line. This second verse is probably my favourite of the album. I do think it's surprisingly sombre considering the last few closers you've done, because honestly I love when you go all out with a bang, but this worked well in either case. I do kind of feel like it ended a bit too quickly though, but i'm probably just biased because I like your "anthem" kind of songs. And really, considering there's like 5 minute songs on here I would have expected the last one to at least hit about that mark.

I'm sorry my feed is so late. I dunno much to comment on more than what I just said up there; your lyrics and storytelling are always perfectly competent and can carry your songs even if you're talking about stuff that doesn't interest me so much. Your production is beyond probably anyone on this site if you ask me, nobody can make the sounds that you can. I think you pretty much outshone all your guests as well, me included. I do have to say that I think Afterlife still remains my favourite album by you though, but my favourites from this album would be Chivalry, Let It Burn, Psychopath Desire and The Last King.

My only criticism, if you can call it that, is maybe going all-out for an entire album without feeling like you have to add a couple of songs about chicks or a couple songs about you being crazy on there to break it up. Maybe that's just me though, I do that and it has a risk of making it repetitive. So maybe that's just my personal bias. I don't have anything bad to say about this, which makes it seem kinda redundant, but whatever. I'm very interested to see where you go next with your albums now that you retired this theme. Amazing work as always man.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 15th, '13, 20:26

Kez, I dont have words that can properly describe how thankful I am for this feedback, thanks a lot for taking the time of to do this. Its grandly appreciated and I am very damn glad you liked it man. Cheers!!!!

Looking forward for your new stuff bro!!

NMD!!!!!
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 20th, '13, 17:47

I updated with a Spotify link
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Tash8 » Aug 26th, '13, 21:29

B.A.D. wrote:sorry bro

For production I use MIDI Keyboard and FL Studio, but I record my own drum samples and special effects. Even sometimes my own instruments. The mixing of the voice is done on a very old Cool Edit Pro 2. Version and the Final mastering is done with plug-ins. Separately or on FL Studio depends where I can open them, mostly compressors and Equalizers.

Thanks a lot bro, I appreciate the thoughts and good vibe!! :)

the fuck? when did you start using fl studio? Didn't u use a mac tho?

I dont think many on tr will understand the complexity of the projects that you work on. Creating an album from scratch like you did is an incredible feat, and you been doing it for years. Many here release a mixtape (calling it an album or EP) when infact none of the beats are theirs, songs not mixed properly, not sent to be mastered. You do all this by you're motherfucking self man. I'm proud of you and i'm proud to be part of a forum that creates a monster like you Big. Don't misunderstand I am not saying this to put down anyone else on TR, no, I understand many are just starting. I'm simply stating this to point out how far you've gotten and how much you've grown from album to album.

This is an album i'll listen to for a while, and I'm glad you put it up for free for us.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Aug 27th, '13, 15:52

Tash8 wrote:
I dont think many on tr will understand the complexity of the projects that you work on. Creating an album from scratch like you did is an incredible feat, and you been doing it for years. Many here release a mixtape (calling it an album or EP) when infact none of the beats are theirs, songs not mixed properly, not sent to be mastered.

I have an (actual) album coming out in October with Demaz and I doing all the beats ourselves and mixing/mastering ourselves. So I totally get it. I used to be like that (calling shit an EP or whatever) but it takes time and I'm glad I'm doing this way now. Feels 100x better doing everything yourself.

With that said, I still listen to this, BAD. Love it. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby mdemaz » Sep 3rd, '13, 19:24

I rather enjoyed this album.

I've noticed that you have evolved as an artist/person.

A lot of things have changed since your previous releases.

You are more comfortable behind a microphone now, your voice is more solid than before, you have rhymes for days now and your flow is superb.

I don't really think anything I can say can improve you in any way, as I feel you have peaked.
The things that will improve as you progress will come naturally, such as better breath control and tighter mixing.

This won't be leaving my Ipod anytime soon.

Another classic from the king.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 15th, '13, 18:55

@Tash.- I stopped using the mac and Logic Pro, because the render was not as organized and secure like on Fl studio, also I find the sequencer in FL much more easy and accessible than the piano roll on Logic, so I decided to change to FL haha. Its done wonders for me. Anyways my brother, I fully and sincerely appreciate your thoughts and words man, it means a lot. And I am looking forward for your Detox ass album that is already overdue... lets work on something bro, what r u using atm?

@Mat Demaz.- My nigga. Thank you so much for giving it a spin, I am glad you enjoyed it man, you yourself have gone up quality was man, I'm looking forward to hear something from ya soon.. also, lets work on something, lets do some Magic my nigga!

Thanks again to everyone that streamed, purchased or just said hello :), I appreciate my bros and siss
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby mdemaz » Sep 16th, '13, 06:16

Magic...

Sounds like a good song title.

What do you say?
I'll work on the beat tonight and send it over to you when it's done.

I don't think we've ever done a song together before, so, we might as well!

:y:
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 16th, '13, 19:53

mdemaz wrote:Magic...

Sounds like a good song title.

What do you say?
I'll work on the beat tonight and send it over to you when it's done.

I don't think we've ever done a song together before, so, we might as well!

:y:

add a hook to it
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby da r star » Sep 19th, '13, 00:43

I wanted to give a quick listen to your music, since I never heard your stuff before so I listened to "Get You" and "Relax". Beat wise it's not my style, but for the rapping you're pretty good. You sound very versatile, you know how to switch it up when it comes to your flow. You got a good voice too!
da r star
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 24th, '13, 00:16

Hey thanks a lot my brother, I deeply appreciate it!

did u get a chance to listen to the full project?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Flamez » Sep 24th, '13, 02:43

Finally decided to DL your album and give it a listen. I was only gonna listen to a few songs, but fuck it I gave the whole album a listen. haha I all gotta say is esta chingon el disco cabron. My favorite song has got to be "Symphony in a Minor", I loved it. Also I liked the opening song, "The Last King". Overall the whole album is great man, I might buy it just to show my support. Don't know why I didn't give it a listen before, but I'm glad I did. I liked some of the beats and your flow was great. Good shit man, and look forward to more stuff from you.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Stage