The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Catastrophic- "Winds Of Change" (ft. Spyder & Mike Murdoch)

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: Catastrophic- "Winds Of Change" (ft. Spyder & Mike Murdo

Postby MistaVijilantee » Sep 1st, '13, 03:35

Eedee wrote:
Francesco wrote:Solid... :y: Y'all did good!

Cheers!

MistaVijilantee wrote:DGAF had the standout verse in terms of delivery, very passionate, Spyder was real as fuck, hook was quite solid it almost sounds like a sample, mad props.
I enjoyed Eedee's verse, however I feel like you're to cryptic at times, like you don't actually go into the problem you are getting emotional about if that makes sense. I think personalizing it more would be great.

Thanks for the good looks. I think it's because I'm somewhat of an introvert, that when I write my lyrics, I feel the emotions I'm writing about it, but have a hard time fucking getting across what exactly it is. It's just more personal for me to express the feelings and emotions, but not quite the situation, if that makes sense. I'm working on it though.

Tash8 wrote:All of you guys have great deliveries, plenty of emotion. I enjoyed the first verse and I like the story you were trying to express, i feel it. Second verse was great imo, it had it all; good delivery, lyrics, a flow that changes up. Third verse could use some overdubs, it's very empty compared to first to verses, but regardless this is some solid work.

:y:

Fair enough, bro, do what you feel.
I just felt it might expand you a bit more, but none-the-less you still did well :y:
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Squiggles123 » Sep 1st, '13, 18:12

Sick beat on this one and some really good lines/multi's I thought, nice job.

Just venturing over into the creative writing area, I really want to start writing more and lay some vocals down at some stage. Possibly get a collab with some guys on here in the future haha
Squiggles123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Sep 1st, '13, 19:44

^ Word, thanks for the good looks. And good luck with the venture haha
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby classthe_king » Sep 3rd, '13, 05:23

imma feed this since I'm a nice guy

Eedee- You got a good delivery down and your lyrics are decent. Good enough that I won't go into them. What you really need to work on is your flow. You don't really have much of a rhythm to your verse. It's just kind of robotic and stale if that makes sense. I'm not sure if you wrote your verse to the beat but it sounds like you didn't. Having a natural melody built into your flow will make it catchier to the listeners ear and will make your verse stand out more. It'll help not only the lyrics but also the rhymes. Your rhymes are really hurt by your lack of flow. They don't stand out much or hit very hard. I would also recommend adding some overlays to your rhymes to add some depth to your sound and help the rhymes. You really should just listen to a Tribe Called Quest album and listen to their rhythm and learn how to create your own because it's kind of essential in rap.

mr dgaf- Nice verse man. You could really benefit from some better mixing because your vocals are really messy but that's your biggest problem. Also try and work on speaking more clearly. You kind of have a unique delivery/style thing going on but it mind be off-putting to people with how amateur it sounds. Keep the style just try and make it more clear so you can have a best of both worlds thing going on. Other than that I have no complaints except I hated when you rhymed granted and tactic. Those rhymes always stick out to me as not being rhymes and have ruined verses before. Not that yours did.

Spyder- Holy shit Spyder you have gotten so much better. You went from like the worst rapper I had ever heard to halfway decent. You know you got it lyrically and your delivery has definitely gotten a lot better, just keep working on your mic presence. Biggest fault with your verse is that you still need to work on your flow, a lot. You had some lines where you just went completely off beat and it really hurts your verse. Examples are

I can dig it, I can love I, can feel it, I can hug it

Stand strong stand rugged now left a man nothin'.
Not even a chance bluffin, can't front and can't lie

I know your focus on your lyrics but in audio you need to get to the point where you can have good lyrics and never drop the flow, even if it means altering what you're trying to say because in audio sounding good is just as important as what you're saying.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Spyder » Sep 3rd, '13, 05:26

thanks man, glad that ive improved. yeah i hear what your saying, especially with that line you quoted. ill deff work on that
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr.DGAF » Sep 3rd, '13, 05:34

Appreciate the feed class, means a lot. I feel you on mixing, I think that's my mic. I'm balling on a budget so it's not the greatest haha. As for clarity I definitely feel you, that's something I've actually been consciously trying to improve on. And with that rhyme hahaha, I can see where you're coming from. :y:
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Eedee » Sep 3rd, '13, 06:58

Cheers for the feed, Class!

You make a good point with being more melodic and/or rhythmic with the flow. It'll make everything pop out more. I'll work on it. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby DAngeloBailey » Sep 7th, '13, 01:01

Man first thing that caught me off guard was the beat. It fit perfectly. Reeeally really atmospheric and spacey, I like that type of thing.

Anyway, Eedee dog I was super impressed with your emotional honesty with that first verse. Even tho you didn't really get into the situation you were rapping about, it didn't matter because you got the feelings and emotions across so well. Dope

As for Mr. DGAF, your delivery was so on point. I could tell you were reeeally stressin your voice which actually made the verse more enjoyable for me. Made it feel more honest. And you have some nice multis thrown in there too.

Overall this pleasantly surprised me. I always expect to check out up and coming artists and start laughing halfway through the first verse, but this track kept me entertained the whole time. And it had substance. All around great job.l
Somebody dropped me on my head and I'm for sure
That my mother did it but the bitch won't admit it was her
I slit her stomach open with a scalpel when she was six months
And said "I'M READY NOW BITCH!! AIN'T YOU FEELIN THESE KICKS CUNT?!

Image Image Image
DAngeloBailey
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Sep 7th, '13, 01:46

Don't feed me or anything :(
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby DAngeloBailey » Sep 7th, '13, 01:54

Spyder wrote:Don't feed me or anything :(

Hahaha oh shit! That was my bad dude. Your verse was fucking tight. I actually liked your lyrics the best out of the three. The "fuck it" rhyme scheme was really cool and you were really fluid throughout. Not much to complain about :y:
Somebody dropped me on my head and I'm for sure
That my mother did it but the bitch won't admit it was her
I slit her stomach open with a scalpel when she was six months
And said "I'M READY NOW BITCH!! AIN'T YOU FEELIN THESE KICKS CUNT?!

Image Image Image
DAngeloBailey
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Sep 7th, '13, 03:09

Thanks man haha
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » Sep 7th, '13, 03:12

Hey, Spyder, mind feeding "Falling Tears"? I feel I went more in-depth with the problem that I was talking about here. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Previous

Return to Audio Stage