The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Him Shadow - Sleep Talkin'

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Him Shadow - Sleep Talkin'

Postby Him Shadow » Aug 31st, '13, 21:45

link: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=162759

I'd really like to hear some opinion on this, somethin' about my English, accent, lyrics, voice... I did post my songs here 2 times, but no one bother to say something :(

https://soundcloud.com/izabela-rucha-a/ ... -freestyle
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Him Shadow - Sleep Talkin'

Postby Eedee » Sep 2nd, '13, 16:03

Hmm, the "sleep talking" part at the beginning had nice echo on it. And the pitch change was okay as well.

As for the actual rapping, it seems like you have the gist of flow down. The adlib layers were mixed weird, they're too loud paired with the main vocals. Also the beat overpowers you a lot.

Once you fix the mixing, I think we'll be able to hear your voice better. Right now, I can tell your voice would be awesome with the right mixing. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Him Shadow » Sep 2nd, '13, 18:47

thanks for reply :) I know I'm not so good at mixing vocals, next time maybe I'll give it to my friend who does that :y:
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby metsfan1121 » Sep 3rd, '13, 04:18

Mixing was definitely the biggest fault. The beat, delivery, flow, were all there and sounded good, they were just all jumbled too much. There's a little slim in your voice too. I think you should drop an acapella on here, it will gives a better sample to judge.
metsfan1121
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Him Shadow » Sep 3rd, '13, 20:15

I would give the acapella but I'm not at home now for weeks, so... If I will record somethin' better with better mixing I'll give it here to judge :happy:
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ladelsofgravy » Sep 7th, '13, 03:41

def sounds very good for an fun indie project but not fit if you're looking for a career in rap. it does sound a lot like d12 and eminem, which is good nostalgia, but in the end, you need to be a bit more unique.

the flow is very good, but at times it is jumbled as an above user said. for a rap that really wasn't fast, the words were less audible than they should have been.
TES > MMLP > MMLP2 > SSLP > Rec = Rel > Enc
ladelsofgravy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Him Shadow » Sep 7th, '13, 22:12

thanks for the points you made :y: I don't look for a career, I record songs just for fun and 'cause I love hip-hop :)
Him Shadow
Renegade
Renegade

Return to Audio Stage