The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Summer Cuts Vol. 1 (Mixtape)

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Summer Cuts Vol. 1 (Mixtape)

Postby Eedee » Sep 23rd, '13, 16:44

Feed: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=164013#p2326483

Some of these are already released on here, but I decided to just collect all the different songs I hadn't put on big projects this summer and release them all as one. Hope you enjoy and any feedback is appreciated. :y:

Free download: https://eedee.bandcamp.com/album/summer-cuts-vol-1

01. Here Without You
02. The Night Shift
03. Punishment (ft. Big Ax-D)
04. Winds Of Change (ft. Mr. DGAF, Spyder, & Mike Murdoch)
05. Once In A While
06. Falling Tears (ft. Mr. DGAF)
07. Journey On
08. Moonshine
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Re: Summer Cuts Vol. 1 (Mixtape)

Postby Flamez » Sep 24th, '13, 05:43

Sweet well I dl'ed it listened to it, and I liked it. I like your delivery and flow as well. I loved "Here Without You" the most. There's just something about it that I just like. haha I also like "Journey On" which I have already listened to, and it's still good the second time around. :y:
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby LIL_B » Sep 24th, '13, 05:48

Downloading atm.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Respect the cock! And tame the cunt!
LIL_B
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Sep 24th, '13, 08:11

Flamez wrote:Sweet well I dl'ed it listened to it, and I liked it. I like your delivery and flow as well. I loved "Here Without You" the most. There's just something about it that I just like. haha I also like "Journey On" which I have already listened to, and it's still good the second time around. :y:

Awesome, thanks man! :b:

LIL_B wrote:Downloading atm.

Thanks... Hope you enjoy it. I'm not sure if you're just trolling me or not haha
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 24th, '13, 08:21

Punishment is still the best, still play it. Shit goes hard.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Eedee » Sep 24th, '13, 09:00

PAINKILLƎR wrote:Punishment is still the best, still play it. Shit goes hard.

Whew. Glad you like it, brother.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Atone » Sep 24th, '13, 12:20

Downloaded, i think today will be a Eedee listening session day
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Eedee » Sep 24th, '13, 14:22

Atone wrote:Downloaded, i think today will be a Eedee listening session day

:worship:

But this tape is like, less than 25 minutes haha
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Atone » Sep 24th, '13, 15:31

i have ur other stuff as well, and i work at 4 (eastern) and i'm also listening to the beat tape by that producer i introduced you to yesterday
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Eedee » Sep 24th, '13, 16:49

Oh God, my other stuff. You mean Lights Out and Smoky Memories? Ick.

Ashes is okay though.

Glad you like them though. Enjoy, yo.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Mr.DGAF » Sep 24th, '13, 18:26

Here without You
The writing on this is quite impressive. In general you’ve just become a better writer; the bars are all connected and shit like a puzzle yo. Also, I can lick my elbow so the answer is hell YES. Bang. This is a pretty good song doe. Can’t complain about anything on it really.

The Night Shift
First of all, the beat is absolutely dope dude. You said CP made this with some help? If so, dang man. It’s simple, but catchy too. Anyhow, you fit the mood well on this. Just rapping man, this song in general has a really cool and mellow sound to it.

Punishment
This song is so fucking good man. Might be one of my favorites from you honestly. The atmosphere here is so creepy and dark, and you killed it. The scheme at the end of verse one is bananas yo, nahimsayin. Plus that hook is orgasmic. I came. Big Ax had a really good verse too, I really love the delivery he went with. The layers on that verse were dope as shit too. This is just a really solid song mane, you don’t deserve that punishment for this song.

Winds of Change
This beat is really damn good. I think I’ve said that before but YOLO. First verse was pretty good, writing isn’t too complex but it gets the point across. But that second verse. Yikes. He kept talking through the hook. Like the fuck man, I wanna hear this beautiful singing; not your shitty rapping. Flow was sloppy, delivery was forced, and half of the verse didn’t rhyme. And then he keeps talking. Why? Third verse is pretty good, has solid lyrics. Flow is a bit iffy, also, I don’t know why I’m still feeding this song because I’ve done so via the thread the original song was posted in. I guess I’m just writing this to see if you’re still reading. If so, go ahead and skip these last sentences. They hold no merit and are pointless, seriously, stop reading. Penis.

Once In a While
Flow on this is on point man, I really dig this song as well. These little interludes are dope. Nice sample too. I dig this a lot, good shizzle my nizzle.

Falling Tears
Yo, this guy keeps showing up on the tape. First of all, he sounds sick. And not the good sick, like he has a category five nose cold. Subject matter is played out, move on guy. Schemes not that impressive, I know I’ve heard him use the “reminiscing” before, so now he’s running out of ideas and recycling lines. Wow. Second verse salvages the song, I really really like this verse. I’ve told you I think it sounds a bit more authentic because you got it all in one take. Flow is rock solid here dude, this is one of my favorite verses on the tape from you.

Journey On
This song makes me feel like I could climb a set of stairs up to the moon yo. This has such a cool sound to it. Humans do indeed tend to sway hither and thither, I agree as well. You spit some dope lyrics here, that influence hit you hard and you spit some raw, unadulterated flames nahimean.

Moonshine

This song hits me in the feels yo. It's just so poetic and touching yo. You rapping straight into my heart valves with this one. I can see some people beefing cause this ain't no hardcore rap song, but I liked that you changed it up. Makes it feel a bit more sincere tbh. My left and right atrium contracted, shoving my aorta farther up my throat as I listened nahimean. In other words, this is how the heart shrinks.

My overall opinion of the tape:

Last edited by Mr.DGAF on Sep 24th, '13, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Eedee » Sep 24th, '13, 18:38

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby KoLyric » Oct 6th, '13, 01:43

Thank you DGAF from saving me from leaving another track-by-track review :P Just kidding!
But, Here Without You is a strong emotional song. Samples one of my favorite songs from my childhood haha. Artistically, I'm quite the emotional type so I find sad/personal/deep songs to be the strongest.
Spyder is a fellow poster on here, right? Dope to see a lot of people on here to be musically active!

Moonshine is a great song, and closer to the tape itself. The spoken word is fitting. I enjoyed the ambience feel, very relaxing. Not to mention the singing vocals are great. The drive home from a break up, I can relate to that feeling. Over a year ago I found myself extremely heartbroken.
Granted I found love again (Though, I don't consider it love from before), I still can emotionally relate.

Good stuff, man. I'm excited for your drop later this month!

Withered Wallflower- Coming soon.
KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Oct 6th, '13, 01:47

Yeah, I tend to find myself listening/writing more emotional songs. I just can relate to them so much.

Glad you liked it!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Return to Audio Stage