The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eedee - "Going Forward LP" [ALBUM]

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Re: Eedee - "Going Forward LP" [ALBUM]

Postby Eedee » Nov 4th, '13, 00:23

Lol no. It's me.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 4th, '13, 02:03

Eedee wrote:Lol no. It's me.

Your like mono, talking to yourself lol jk
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG
horse wrote:You’ll never go gold, that’s why you’re just silver

Sneakerheads check out the sneaker thread!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=164272&start=15
sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Eedee » Nov 4th, '13, 02:06

Oh well. YOLO haha
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Nov 4th, '13, 02:17

Actually the "What the fuck." comment was that since I've been writing for my new project, when I go back and hear some of these songs, I ask myself wtf was I doing haha.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby sneakerheadshady » Nov 4th, '13, 16:18

Eedee wrote:Actually the "What the fuck." comment was that since I've been writing for my new project, when I go back and hear some of these songs, I ask myself wtf was I doing haha.

oh haha i guess you don't have mono's disease :laughing:
#Silver #Rolly #bigray #Pain #flamez #charlotte #Hage #Samantha #guilty #eedee #horsefam #snake #raul #EG
horse wrote:You’ll never go gold, that’s why you’re just silver

Sneakerheads check out the sneaker thread!
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=164272&start=15
sneakerheadshady
Role Model
Role Model

Postby mdemaz » Nov 4th, '13, 16:20

I ask myself wtf were you doing when I listen to that drunk rap you did.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby KoLyric » Nov 4th, '13, 17:02

Been a while but I'm back, and ready to do this review!!!

1.) Me: Great string introduction. The lyrics and all around sound set up the tone of the album, and for the most part is on point. Uplifting content, and the imagery was great. I was really picturing the curtains metaphorically opening for what seems like your greatest work yet.

2.) To You (Going Forward): Another uplifting style track. The personable lyrics, in general on this tape, give the opportunity to have more of an intimate listen between artist and listener. Conceptually, I feel like this album is well represented by these two tracks.

3.) The Dream: The piano was nice, definitely. The reverb complimented the drums well, but the all around mix could have done with less reverb. The message here is good, even while being awake we still see The Dream that pushes us to continue on.

4.) Chasm: More lyrical, in comparison, to the tracks from before. I didn't like the hook. Sounded messy, not because it was off or anything, but the layers made it sound like too much was going on. I like, though, how, as opposed to other rappers, your take on a "lyrical" track has these existential undertones. I'd take that over the former any day.

5.) Atlas: I love the utilization of the mythos of Atlas with the struggle evident in this song's concept. The beat is good, and your epic delivery is awesome. 4 verses and you didn't run out of things to say!

6.) How The Heart Shrinks: My favorite piano piece from this album. Evokes the proper emotion for the song's concept. I don't like the strings and transition into the hook, though. I felt it to be an awkward transition there. Relatable situation, nonetheless, and for that I really empathized here.

7.) If Only She Knew: Lyrics on point. Yet again, the emotion is here and I can relate. I didn't like this hook but, this time, it was your voice. I feel like a little more tweaking with it and you would have had a great hook. But, unfortunately, I didn't like how it ended up and it didn't sound smooth or anything. I like the lyrics there a lot, though. Good emotion but it's also too short of a track haha

8.) Mirage: Back to the opening concepts, another uplifting track. The metaphor here is clear and is fitting. I really liked the piano and the bridge.

9.) Our Place: Extremely long, but, as mentioned before, I love this one. Great imagery in both the rapping and the monologue. Probably the best message on this album. I love it.

10.) Footsteps on the beach (And the moon): Great lengthy intro. Setting the song up for something powerful. The guitar is a good addition. The breaks in between verses, as opposed to having a hook, was a good idea. For the verses could have better represented the song's concept more than a hook could. The rock influence has made this beat my favorite on the album.

11.) Butterflies: My least favorite song off the album. Of course, the emotional core is there, and the "butterfly" concept is workable, but all together it didn't seem as sincere/genuine as the other tracks of similar concept. The hook is pretty catchy, and works as a hook here!

12.) Get Through: Intro piano gave me chills. The slower sound all around works perfectly. The distortion in the hook transitioning to the singy-esque vocals worked. And I like it a lot. My favorite hook from you, definitely. These verses seem very sincere. This one hit home for me. My favorite on the album definitely. "And if the day is set, then I'll watch the stars with awe
And fade into oblivion, everyone's like "now you're gone." "

13.) I Want It: Uh oh, epic intro. How will it be? You come in with this frantic delivery that compliment will with the flow of the beat. Something that was missing in the other songs is found here: Hunger. I'm an advocate for hunger in hip hop, and it's something that's missing from a lot of rappers these days. No hook= good idea. Just allowing more verse energy. I liked it. Though it was short, the message was received.

14.) Six Feet under and above: haha a DGAF feature!!! kind of, lol. Very eerie feel. The soft delivery was perfect for this. Though the monotony got a little boring, I would imagine this is how it would feel in purgatory haha.

15.) Crowded Hallways: almost 6 minute outro? Count me in! I am obsessed with outros on CDs, and I think it's awesome when the artist makes the outro aware that it IS the outro. The finale. The hook is decent, you get personal in your verses (which I liked), and, like the other song, you pulled off 4 verses without running out of energy/things to say. That's a great accomplishment to pull off TWICE! My second favorite track. Personal= my favorite kind of songs. Especially when its genuine like it is here.

All together: A good drop. Each song compliments each other with the similar tone in beat and lyrical content. It felt like an odyssey bringing us through a personable side of Eedee's trial and tribulations. Though the concepts might have gotten repetitive, you still had more to say and elaborate on. Thus, keeping it fresh each time. You put a lot of work into this and it shows. No half assing or laziness was evident. From the intro track to the outro, it began and ended like well seamed story. Though there were times where you fumbled with the flow, or was off beat, they were so far and few between that it didn't affect the listening experience at all. Nonetheless I already know you're working on the flaws and probably have a much more polished project in store for us!

8/10

Btw: I will have that track for you and DGAF soon. I've just been extremely busy with my two jobs and working on Withered Wallflower (Late november release).

Withered Wallflower- Coming soon.
KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Nov 5th, '13, 03:05

Great feed, buddy! Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it!!

It seems like Butterflies is a very polarizing song. It's either your least favorite or favorite on the album. So far I've had four people tell me it's the best song, and then another three or four tell me it's their least favorite or least involved song, etc.

Anyway, appreciate the listen/feed. I'll be sure to do the same for Withered Wallflower.

Also - no worries about that song with me and DGAF, take your time. No rush.

Also x2 - I'ma hit you up with a PM soon about my new project. I think you'd be a solid feature. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby KoLyric » Nov 5th, '13, 07:12

Eedee wrote:Great feed, buddy! Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it!!

It seems like Butterflies is a very polarizing song. It's either your least favorite or favorite on the album. So far I've had four people tell me it's the best song, and then another three or four tell me it's their least favorite or least involved song, etc.

Anyway, appreciate the listen/feed. I'll be sure to do the same for Withered Wallflower.

Also - no worries about that song with me and DGAF, take your time. No rush.

Also x2 - I'ma hit you up with a PM soon about my new project. I think you'd be a solid feature. :y:

Thank you.
Dope, I'm looking forward to it!!!

Withered Wallflower- Coming soon.
KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Nov 6th, '13, 04:47

Word. :b:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Jaba » Sep 14th, '14, 01:34

Bumping this cus this album is amazing. I just bought this album off iTunes. Eedee did an amazing job on it. This is really helping me find my own path as well with rapping. I also enjoy listening to this because I myself have become an Eedee fan and listen to his/your stuff a lot now. I like it. Great job Eedee, keep it up!
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Sep 14th, '14, 02:28

I really outdid myself here.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Sep 14th, '14, 06:33

Lol thanks Jaba, glad you're digging it! Usually I'd have to warn you for bumping (no pun intended) this thread as hard as you did, but I'll let it slide because yolo

And yeah, Demaz, your production was outstanding on this.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Jaba » Sep 14th, '14, 16:28

Eedee wrote:Lol thanks Jaba, glad you're digging it! Usually I'd have to warn you for bumping (no pun intended) this thread as hard as you did, but I'll let it slide because yolo

And yeah, Demaz, your production was outstanding on this.

Lol, yeah, thought u might let it slide. Keep it up!
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Sep 15th, '14, 01:52

This is so cool. Sorry I took a while to notice this album. I'll listen soon.
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Stage