The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Spyder: Ever-Changing

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Spyder: Ever-Changing

Postby Spyder » Oct 21st, '13, 18:04

Ever-Changing

All production credits go to RisefromtheAshez, it was great working with you.
thanks to Eedee for hopping on the track as well

LOF
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Spyder: Ever-Changing

Postby Mr.DGAF » Oct 21st, '13, 18:59

Addicted

Ehhh, your flow is all over the place here. I think the vocals are too low or something too; either that or the beat is too loud. Your voice gives out a couple times, and you’re like speeding up at unnecessary times. You are trying different shit on the flow that works though; drawing out some of the bars actually worked. It’s just some little stuff that kinda fucks it up. Not feeling the hook either, the layers are a bit off. It took me a few tries because it’s not conventional but the hook does flow pretty well. Idk, not feeling this song too much.

What Happens Now

Well shit. This is actually pretty damn dope dude. Flow is solid throughout, and the hook is pretty damn cool as well. This is the kind of quality I want to see from you dude, this song is actually pretty fucking good. Not much else to say.

No Remorse

Damn, you’re flowing pretty well on this too. You’ve got a unique flow and sometimes it doesn’t connect, but this is pretty good. None of that weird speeding up stuff that you used to do, even in the first song for the tape. Like this beat too, that sample is dope. Another good song man; two best songs I’ve heard from you back to back.

Doctor, Doctor

Sheesh, that flow. The first few bars are really fluid. Where has this been dawg? Not quite perfect, you end some bars a bit too early and it sounds kinda awkward. Not really feeling the hook either, I think your layers are off again. Still, verses are solid yo. Again, that beat is bonkers.

Sandpaper Smooth
Eedee’s verse is nice. I like this beat too, shit bangs. That layering on the verse is sick, gives it depth tbh. Good shit pimp. Spyder, again your verse flows pretty well. Vocal quality sounds weird at first, idk what that is. Digging the BB references. I’m gonna give it to Eedee for the better verse, I think he flows on the beat a bit better but you’re actually pretty damn close there. Pen game still on point.

Overall, this is a drastic improvement on the stuff I’ve heard from you. Your flow has gotten heaps better and the delivery has improved because of that. You’ve always had a pretty good ear for beats too, props to Rize for droppin some heat on this tape. Just gotta perfect the delivery and flow, but you’re most definitely on the right track.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Spyder » Oct 21st, '13, 19:02

thanks for the feed man
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Oct 22nd, '13, 05:57

Alright man, I'll have a listen to this.

I wanna hear how good you've got.

Give me some time to write some feed, because I'm still typing up Going Foward's feed...
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Oct 22nd, '13, 06:45

Nice, I'll check this out soon. I just started working, so my time is kinda crunched but I'll let this spin a few times soon.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Spyder » Oct 22nd, '13, 16:43

thanks guys
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » Oct 23rd, '13, 03:28

Addicted
I liked the content and rhymes, etc, just the flow and delivery felt a bit off. You still sound hesitant. Hook was a little messy too with the adlibs. Not a bad song, but not a hot start.

What Happens Now
Flow is much better, I like the imagery and emotion in this. Hook is a bit... Idk, it's not sitting well with me. I can see the intention, but I'm not feeling the hook. Rest of the song is dope.

No Remorse
Lol this beat, used it on an "album" about a year ago. Love it. Again, content/lyrics are perfectly fine, but it's the flow/enunciation that throws me off. Adlibs too, the adlibs you have are off or mixed wrong. You remind me of Budden in terms of flow at some points, you're trying to cram everything and you have to lengthen syllables to try to fit it all in and shit. I probably didn't explain that well. The first verse is a good example of the syllable awkwardness.

Doctor, Docter
Flow is definitely picking up here, I like it here. It's fast-paced with a sense of urgency and you conveyed that. Nice. Sick song. Hook is still a bit eh, I think it's just mixed weirdly and the adlibs aren't lining up, makes it sound messy.

Sandpaper Smooth
What happened to your voice at around "Sandman jaw drops"? Lol. Still cramming some syllables in there here and then, and throws the flow off, but the "cotton eye Joe" flow was sick.

As it seems a theme here with your music, lyrics/content/rhymes are perfectly fine, but flow and sometimes delivery need improving.

Btw, sick job on the beats, Rise.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Spyder » Oct 23rd, '13, 03:42

Thanks for the feed man. Not sure I hear the cramming rhymes but to each his own. Ya some of the overlays are a tad off but fuck it haha
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Eedee » Oct 23rd, '13, 03:48

Spyder wrote:Thanks for the feed man. Not sure I hear the cramming rhymes but to each his own. Ya some of the overlays are a tad off but fuck it haha

Well you're either cramming, pausing, or stretching because the flow isn't as smooth as it could be.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby 12characters » Oct 23rd, '13, 04:08

That first verse on What Happens Now had me like :whew: (especially since I wasn't feeling addicted)

It sounds like you're getting more steady with that flow, man. Like the others have said, it's not all there though (and the mixing sort of drowns you out on my headphones, but it's still listenable, it just doesn't help the delivery). And you still got it as a writer, man. It actually kind of sounds like your writing is fitting the beat more, though that may be because of your flow improving.

Eedee delivered on his verse and of course so did Rise with all the production. Dude has tons of ill beats, and you really picked out a great selection here.

You've made so many improvements, bro. I've always liked your writing and your ear for beats. Now master that goddamn art of bringing them to life, my dude :y:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Oct 23rd, '13, 04:12

Thanks for the feed man
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby FxTDilz » Oct 23rd, '13, 09:24

pretty cool bro, your mic sounds a bit tinny but that's an easy fix. I feel like you should switch up delivery a bit some times and chuck more emphasise on some words but pretty solid little tape. doctor doctor had quite a weak hook but that was only big complaint, the beat sounded like fade to black lol. eedees part was dope on the last track
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Oct 23rd, '13, 17:23

Thanks for the feed man, yeah fade to black was the sample he used lol
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby mdemaz » Oct 28th, '13, 11:25

Ok.

Hi, I'll be feeding your release Ever Changing today.

1. Addicted

Well, you get straight to the point. I'm actually really enjoying your voice now.
I'll admit, at first, I was like eeeeeh, but, now that I'm more mature, I'm actually really feeling you now.

The beat is nuts.

Your writing is VERY impressive.
Before I decided to peep this, I was willing to put the past behind us, you know, all that bickering and stupidity. I would then listen to this song, with a clear mind and break you down as an artist track by track and try to say some useful thing that will help you improve your skills. As I listen to this, I think you have improved by yourself.

Again, the writing is very impressive. I DO notice however, your flow does go off at some points slightly, but, it's a vast improvement from a while ago. In fact, it's not really a big deal to me, really.

I feel like your voice is meant for hip-hop. Again, I feel like your flow is wobbling around, but, like you said in the song, you think you have the feel. Honestly, I think you did a good job, but, perfection is a mountain only climbed by those who are willing to drive themselves nuts trying to perfect their craft.
Are you one of those guys? If so, then, don't hesitate to continue practicing.

2. What Happens Now

Hmm, your lyrics are fucking nuts, man.
Multies out the ass.

I think the hook could of been a bit better.
The second verse is pretty solid as well.

I feel like you are fumbling around the beat a lot. Don't get me wrong, again, I think you did good, but, you still need to NAIL those drums, man. I think you sorta know that you can do better.
Compared to the first track, this is a bit weak. But, hey, it's no problem, man. It's not easy trying to get shit right.

3. Ever-Changing

Ah, there you go.

This is probably the best track I've heard so far. I think your flow is on-point on this song.
Again, your writing is ridiculous.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. HAH, that Mario Kart line. So many good lines.

I think the song ends a bit abruptly.

4. Doctor, Doctor

HOLY SHIT!
Really?
HAH, epic sample!

Awesome verse.

Eh, the hook is a bit lazy.

The second verse is nuts.
Again, your flow is on-point.
Rise with the cool snare change there.

I really think that you could do epic hooks with your voice. You should try singing. Let your voice become an instrument. What you did here was sorta rap the chorus.
That's fine, but, I felt like this type of beat needed something more emotional.

5. Sandpaper Smooth (Feat. Eedee)

It goes without saying that Eedee killed his verse. Oh, your flow is really good here. Again, your lyrics are very impressive.

Haha, the ending is great. XD

So yeah, overall, this is your best work to date, um, you managed to flow a lot better through each song compared to your last effort, and um, yeah, you're skills at writing are still really tight.

Hoping to hear some more stuff from you later, or even, if you want, a collaboration with me, maybe.

I actually have a beat for you that I made a while ago, but, I never got a chance to finish it.
I don't need to do much to it, so, when it's done, I'll send it to you, and you can tell me what you think, then maybe we can work something out and do a song together.

Alright, too easy, mate.

Good work.
Last edited by mdemaz on Oct 29th, '13, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Vice » Oct 28th, '13, 16:43

In all honesty you need to practice what makes your music melodic. You often veer off beat (see: Doctor, Doctor), and I think it's because you're trying too hard to force multi-syllable rhymes. Practice rapping with simpler rhyme schemes and try to get your point across in a more simplistic matter, that way you can master the basics before you jump into multi's. When you make your rhymes more simple for practice,focus on enunciating certain syllables that should stand out in your rhyme patterns. This should help you develop your style a bit more. And make sure when you're mixing that your audio tracks match up, the vocals on the hook of Doctor, Doctor aren't lined up. This project was a good effort though, I look forward to hearing you develop.
Vice
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Next

Return to Audio Stage