The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dilz - Take Me Away

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Dilz - Take Me Away

Postby FxTDilz » Nov 21st, '13, 04:43

I've been going through some shit lately so got it out in this track, have a listen and leave some feedback :)

Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxIIMunXuhM

LoF - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=167001
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Dilz - Take Me Away

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 23rd, '13, 03:40

Shit is deep, bruh.
I'm glad you've been able to translate it into a song (y)
A few lines were a tad rushed but your vocals sound mad clean.
Keep your head up!
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby enjinn » Nov 24th, '13, 01:37

this song is awesome! 10/10
each one teaches one
enjinn
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby KoLyric » Nov 24th, '13, 08:51

Love the beat. Sinima always has incredible beats with hooks!

Your delivery seemed genuinely sorrowful, so it added to the emotional entirety of the track. Your adlibs during the hook fit well, and didn't interfere with it.

If there was any constructive criticisms to note, it'd be your pronunciation and how it affects your flow.
A predominant amount may be due to your accent (Which is perfectly acceptable and doesn't take away from the piece) but there are other moments where the flow falls off/doesn't resonate with the instrumental as it should. (Not saying there is always a predetermined sense of flow, BUT there is a certain template upon receiving an instrumental that a flow abides by. In different formats of course)

I will be checking out your other material. I'm impressed!

Withered Wallflower- Coming soon.
KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby FxTDilz » Nov 27th, '13, 15:02

Thank you for the feedback guys :) with the flow falling off do you reckon you could give a few examples of where it does so I can go back, have a listen and work on it from there? haha. But thanks again for feedback given, this was definitely a hard song to release as it's how my parents found out about me and my girlfriend of 3 years breaking up... Deep track this one
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TripleNineThree » Nov 28th, '13, 18:32

Wow!!!! This song is dope my man - i love the emotion! It can be hard to convey powerful emotion and still hit a bunch of multis while expressing how you truly feel but you did it. This is a great song, keep it up bro!
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 2nd, '13, 23:07

Damn dawg, this is quite impressive. Probably the best song I've heard you put out. I'm a big fan of your flow and delivery on this one. Your typical flow is fast paced and I find that a bit difficult to keep up with sometimes because sometimes your words blend together (I think that may be your accent so nothing you can do there haha). But this is dope man, you did a really good job of conveying the emotion and sadness vocally, which is something I didn't think you had excelled at previously. With that and the flow, I'd say for me you improved on basically your only noticeable weakness as an artist. The lyrics were on point as always; that sink in my boat line was pretty fucking dope haha.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby FxTDilz » Dec 10th, '13, 13:49

TripleNineThree - Thank you homie, definitely feel you with the hitting multis thing, amazing feeling when you can pull it off lol. Thanks for taking the time to listen and like i've said bro your music is dope as well.

MrDgaf - hey man, yea one of the main things I'm trying to do for this new mixtape I'm working on is switching up my flow as I've learnt it's important. I feel like better days to come, i was trying to learn how to rap to a beat, wish me luck i discovered how to rap to a beat but just stuck to the one way i knew how, now i'm trying to branch out with my flows giving me heaps me options with lyrics and emotion its dope. Definitely listened to Eedee's words of "let the bars breathe" but of course some songs I'm gonna come in with my face paced kill em all flow too lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Audio Stage