The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

KoLyric presents to you "Withered Wallflower" (OUT NOW)

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

KoLyric presents to you "Withered Wallflower" (OUT NOW)

Postby KoLyric » Nov 24th, '13, 09:03

Feed: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=167040

KoLyric

https://kolyric.bandcamp.com/album/withered-wallflower

01. Ozymandias (Intro)
02. The Vulcan
03. Midnight Choir
04. God's Lonely Man featuring Notebook.
05. Cynic featuring Anxiety State
06. Elephant featuring Anxiety State
07. Fall (The Autumn of Cronus)
08. The Death of Hubris
09. Letter to Astraea
10. Black Swan featuring Notebook. & Sadistik
11. King of Kings (Interlude)
12. Forgotten

Withered Wallflower- Coming soon.
KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: KoLyric presents to you "Withered Wallflower" (OUT NOW)

Postby Eedee » Nov 24th, '13, 09:15

Nice!

I'll check this out soon, dude!
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Joel Venom » Nov 24th, '13, 22:39

definitely gonna check this out and leave some feedback
Joel Venom
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby KoLyric » Nov 26th, '13, 00:09

Awesome! Looking forward to those reviews, guys!

KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Nov 26th, '13, 02:33

I've been insanely busy. I'm gonna drop some money into this so I can put it on my iPod at the gym tonight. Will write up a review after a few listens. :y:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Nov 26th, '13, 02:51

Alright, just bought it. Gonna hit the gym now, listen to it a few times, and then let you know what I think.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby KoLyric » Nov 26th, '13, 04:09

Wow, that's awesome. I appreciate that so much, Eric.
Thank you.

KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Nov 26th, '13, 05:14

No problem, man. I listened to it all the way through. I'll edit this post unless you post again (please do lol, I hate editing posts) with the review soon.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Nov 26th, '13, 05:41

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I was on Black Swan's feedback, then the fucking power went out. I'm way too pissed to type this allllll back up again. I'll do it tomorrow, or maybe later tonight when I'm not so fucking angry.

edit: [wrote it back up haha]

01. Ozymandias (Intro)

I get the reference from BB, but I'm not at THAT season yet (just started season 4). I love the piano and the rain/atmosphere though. Let's get to the rapping!

02. The Vulcan

The beat is so aggressively soothing, if that makes sense haha. I love your delivery here. There's this weird thing with your flow going on though (happens on all the songs) where you're like 1/16 of a bar off. If you moved slightly to the left, it would be perfectly on beat, but it throws me off because you're like... just barely off. It's driving me crazy haha. But I can look past this (I got used to it around the end of this song, but it does happen on a majority, if not all, of the songs)

03. Midnight Choir

I fed this already, but you go in. Love that beat too... Lordy.

04. God's Lonely Man (ft. Notebook)

The flow thing happens here again haha. The hook was pretty sick. I loved the mixing on it, made it feel like it's my inner demons talking to me. "Tongue in cheek" you literally said that with your tongue in your cheek. At least that's what it sounded like haha. Nice, love little shit like that.

05. Cynic (ft. Anxiety State)

You pick some great beats. Love this one too. Lovin' your delivery and train of thought (on all the songs). The hook on this is great too... jeez. So good. AS's verse is also really good. He's a good writer too!

06. Elephant (ft. Anxiety State)

The hook felt a little bit amateur, but it's growing on me. Your delivery is fucking fantastic though. Solid song.

07. Fall (The Autumn of Cronus)

Track 7's are like... I don't know, but I feel like these are the most important songs on an album. And this definitely goes hard in that regard. Love your flow (the flow thing I talked about isn't as big here. But it still is... barely. Sounds better though.) Again, I love your imagery and train of thought. So natural and intellectually satisfying. I also really love those female vocals in the hook. Sounds great along with yours.

08. The Death of Hubris

You go hard in this song. The "af-ter" part felt a bit off flow-wise, but your delivery overrode it haha. No worries. I love the conversations between yourself in the first verse haha.

09. Letter To Astraea

That piano, man... beautiful. I knew what kind of song this would be just from the beat. Right up my alley. And you come through. Sounds really good. It's really different too, but you pull it off. Great stuff!

10. Black Swan (ft. Notebook. & Sadistik)

That movie is pretty good, so I loved that sample haha. I love the anger in your whisper delivery. Good shit here.

I'm familiar with Sadistik's music, but I'm not well-versed enough to place a verse to a particular song or whatever. Is this a new verse, or a sampled verse? If the former, that's really cool.

11. King of Kings (Interlude)

What is this sample from? I've never heard it before, but it sounds cool as hell. Interesting tie back to the intro. I feel the album building up to this point, the next song. The final song.

12. Forgotten

I know you're big on outro songs, SO.... let's see what you got here. 7 minutes? Shit, okay haha. Beat is really nice. Feels outro-y. You come in hard, delivery is top-notch. Lyrics are great, I can hear punch-ins but honestly, that doesn't bother me unless it's REALLY terrible. Which it isn't. So no worries.

"Lobotomy hit you" was a great line haha. Stand-out for this song IMO.

OVERALL

You have really great lyrics, I love your writing. Amazing imagery and your train of thought is really interesting. Your delivery is pretty legit too. I really enjoyed this album once I got past the whole vocals being off just ever so slightly. It still sounds great though, but IMO it would sound even better if they were just a tiny bit to the left haha.

I'm not going to give this any number rating or whatever, but overall, I really freakin' enjoyed this. Keep it up, we gotta collab more in the future once I get my mic!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby KoLyric » Nov 26th, '13, 06:47

Thanks for the feed! Much appreciated, and I'll look into the whole being off by a smidgen thing lol.

But why no number rating? Just curious in that respect.

Also, I am not ashamed of punch ins. Only, as you said, if they're done badly.
(Cage and even Eminem have noticeable punch ins, so I guess I'm getting the wrong kind of inspiration from them LOL)

Much appreciation, as always. Yes, we must collab definitely.

AND yes that is a legitimate Sadistik verse he wrote for the feature.
Granted I caught him 3 years ago, I still speak with him every so often. He gave the okay to use the verse, still.

AND King of Kings audio is from the Ozymandias trailer for Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston reading the poem in which this album's concept is loosely based)

KoLyric
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Nov 26th, '13, 07:02

If I had to give it a number rating, 7.5/10, maybe 8/10. It's really good but sometimes the flow falters (and some points off for that flow thing IMO lol).

And nice on that Sadistik feature. That's dope.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 13th, '13, 08:59

Just remembered this man, gave the first two songs a listen (the beat for midnight choir is crazy) and will finish it up tomorrow and drop some feed.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Return to Audio Stage