The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rough Road Ahead (Mixtape)

The forum for TRshady family audio songs and albums / mixtapes.

Rough Road Ahead (Mixtape)

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 13th, '13, 08:58

Whattup TR, it's been a minute since I've dropped anything for a few reasons (namely college). I've been recording odd verses here and there when I get back to my mic and decided to put them out. Shout out to Eedee for mixing it all.

Feed:http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=167674&p=2516958#p2516958

Rough Road Ahead
1.Tread Lightly
2. Once in A While (ft. Eedee)
3. I Want It (Remix) (ft. Eedee & Dilz)
4. The Night Shift (ft. Eedee)
5. The Redirect
6. Letter Home
7. Wherever I Go

Thanks for listening and stuff. Hope you guys enjoy it somewhat.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Re: Rough Road Ahead (Mixtape)

Postby Eedee » Dec 13th, '13, 09:22

Gonna feed this really hard tomorrow after work.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby FxTDilz » Dec 14th, '13, 02:17

I'm on it o.O lol
FxTDilz
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » Dec 14th, '13, 10:25

Is it okay if I use some songs for a video?

Btw, there's some insane songs on this.

I'll let Eedee do the epic feed because I'm gonna be gone for a while.

At the moment, all I can say is good job.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Dec 15th, '13, 04:54

01. Tread Lightly
Dope intro sample. BB is great. Sets the tone. You better fucking dominate this track. Then you come in. Instantly this is dope haha. Listening to this compared to even your stuff a few months ago, you can tell you're more confident. Your delivery and flow is just perfect here, you sound comfortable spitting.

My life is irony, I never used to lie
Now I’m less confused but notice when I tell the truth I smile

This line is fucking great. Like, it's really fucking good. It's clever and funny, at the same time meaningful and contemplative. Plus the multi is fucking sick. Great intro song, one of your best songs to date.

02. Once In A While

Eedee was okay, I guess. Nothing special. Great beat though, that sample in the hook is really mood-setting.
Your verse is fucking great, as I said before, your delivery/confidence is soooo much better now. I love it.

The music usually would serve as my canvas
But soon I grew to see that I was wording it backwards
The purpose of my verses wasn’t hurtful but it’s certain
When I’m churning out these words that I had yearned for compassion

This part is really good. Your flow here is addictive, and then you just churn out similar sounds within the bar and then just wrap it up with the preceding scheme. It's just feels great to hear.

03. I Want It
Already fed this in the thread. Dope verse. Love how you're changing up your deliveries and experimenting more.

04. The Night Shift
That dude and CP made a dope beat.

I spend my nights all alone in the quiet breeze
Fighting insecurities and social anxiety

That part hit home for me. It's so descriptive and just... you get the feels. Ya know? By far your best quality is your flow. You know how to fucking ride a beat and make it sound great. Your writing skills are top notch too. All you need is a great delivery and charisma and you're all set. But you're getting so close those last ones it's kinda scary how far you've come.

05. The Redirect
Another dope freestyle. Your writing/delivery is great here, as it usually is. Not sure what else to say other than it's really good. I love how at the end, it goes and fits right into the next track, which may be one of my favorites from you.

06. Letter Home
I know these fucking feels so hard, man. Being at college, feeling homesick, regretting leaving the comfort of your own home... I know it, man. So I can relate to this track. It's so heartfelt and desolate. Brings me back to my first few weeks at college. When a song can bring you back to a time in your life, you know it's a good song. Period.

07. Wherever I Go

Okay, finally. Probably my favorite full song from you. It's really fucking good. Your flow/content is fucking excellent here, and your delivery (this was recorded this summer) is when you started to become the confident piece of shit you were meant to be. I fucked the mixing up a bit back in Australia, but I don't think it detracts from the enjoyment of the song, IMO. (I feel like I have a more solid grasp on how to mix vocals now) I still love it. The melodies on the hook and then the actual hook content is powerful. You do hooks well when you get right into them (Give Me Time comes to mind!)

I never knew the world was small till I went then
Saw the peak of my horizon fleeting in the distance
And that encouraged me to dream a little bigger
Scheming shit and bringing pens to even out the picture

I feel like for some reason, you wrote this with my trip to Australia in mind. Or it's a fucking coincidence because it describe how I felt then (and now). Good shit, dude.

---------------

Overall, this little mixtape project was really great and showed that not only is your writing skills beyond dope, your delivery/confidence is about to burst forth into a climax of flower blossoms or something like that. In other words, YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP SON.

I really wish you put Tellin' Myself on here, that track is tied with Wherever I Go as my favorite full DGAF song.

Inb4DGAFvisitsAlaskatorecordafullalbum
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 15th, '13, 05:08

Whew powerful m9's, appreciate the feed Eemaz
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby 12characters » Apr 12th, '14, 12:08

I'm just hearing this. Holy shit did you guys kill that remix of I Want It. Dilz's opening bars actually made me laugh to myself.

You're one of my favorite writers on here, DGAF (among the elite with Spyder and Crash to name a few), and you can flow. Your punches and wordplay are always on point. It used to be really hard hearing you clearly, but the mixing makes it a bit easier. Not knocking your voice, bro. It takes a lot to just get up and try it; just though I'd mention it though. Still, your flow is always strong and that's impressive. Mad props for that. Props just in general, dude.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Mr.DGAF » Apr 13th, '14, 01:08

Thanks man, definitely appreciate it. And yeah I'm working on enunciating more, I know I slur at points and it's tough to hear exactly what I'm saying.
You'd be surprised...

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Apr 13th, '14, 09:07

Mr.DGAF wrote:Thanks man, definitely appreciate it. And yeah I'm working on enunciating more, I know I slur at points and it's tough to hear exactly what I'm saying.

I saw through that bull you said that etc :flutter:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Return to Audio Stage